Quoted:

Your welcome on my boat
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
why are you guys so worried? they banned us from being able to buy these firearms. they gonna ban them again? go for it. turn them in? good luck. a few will. most of us will "destroy them" before handing them over. I've got 1000s invested just like the rest of you. sure as shit won't be giving them away.

let them come an get them. i will hide, move, and do whatever it takes. Bloodshed? nah I'm not going that route. good luck taking my rightfully owned shit. you will never get it.

+1 I guess I need to buy a boat so I can have a boating accident.

CTHTF boating accident?

Your welcome on my boat

Thank you. Hope Conndcj does not get jealous.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
why are you guys so worried? they banned us from being able to buy these firearms. they gonna ban them again? go for it. turn them in? good luck. a few will. most of us will "destroy them" before handing them over. I've got 1000s invested just like the rest of you. sure as shit won't be giving them away.

let them come an get them. i will hide, move, and do whatever it takes. Bloodshed? nah I'm not going that route. good luck taking my rightfully owned shit. you will never get it.

CTHTF boating accident?

Your welcome on my boat

Never.  It's an open relationship.  All I ask is that you treat him with kindness.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Never.  It's an open relationship.  All I ask is that you treat him with kindness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CTHTF boating accident?

Your welcome on my boat

I can do that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I testified last time I will do it again... I live in Beth Byes district and worked like hell to get her ousted. I really feel like this state is a lost cause but I will fight like hell until (and probably after) the moment I am able to get out of here.

I have a plan for my family when the next shoe drops....it is a multi level plan and It ends with moving out of this state as soon as the wife will allow. We agree on Texas (subject to change) we just disagree on the timeline.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
People will read the report,digest it and make there own contingency plans.
Each man needs to decide what they think is best for them and there families. I will not begrudge a man for whatever decision he makes so long as he does not try and force his will on me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good luck banning just about every handgun in the state. I don't care what they did the last ban. There's just no way they will be able to pull that one off
View Quote

Could they pull it off? Possibly. It will all depend on how many legislators will go along with it. As we saw with SB1160 plenty will go along with more gun control only question is will most of those go along with a near total ban. Some may. Will the courts go along with it? Sadly I fear more than a few of the lower courts would go along with a near total ban on firearms under the guise of public safety/public health. In its current makeup SCOTUS would most likely shoot such a near total ban down, probably along the same 5-4 lines.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm honestly not real worried about the report being released. First off this is the same set of recomendations they released two years ago right at the hight of the gun control legislation blitz. Their recommendation was so extream the anti gun legislators didn't even get behind it then, when they had all the momentum in the world. Don't forget they are caling for all magazine fed guns to be confiscated not just EBR's. Also I think the commision has made itself largley irrelivant by taking over two years to come up with this idiotic report. The only people still focused on the gun issue are us strong 2a supporters and the militant antis. The majority of people have long since lost interest. They vaugly remember something bad happened then the government "fixed it", and now they are back to being oblivious.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm too mad and disgusted to speak... or type.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm honestly not real worried about the report being released. First off this is the same set of recomendations they released two years ago right at the hight of the gun control legislation blitz. Their recommendation was so extream the anti gun legislators didn't even get behind it then, when they had all the momentum in the world. Don't forget they are caling for all magazine fed guns to be confiscated not just EBR's. Also I think the commision has made itself largley irrelivant by taking over two years to come up with this idiotic report. The only people still focused on the gun issue are us strong 2a supporters and the militant antis. The majority of people have long since lost interest. They vaugly remember something bad happened then the government "fixed it", and now they are back to being oblivious.
View Quote

Yes the commission is liable to offer extreme suggestions. Will the legislature pas them? Maybe, maybe not. What I suspect will happen is they will drop a bunch of proposed bills that are extreme to go along with this report then they will drop a bunch of watered down bills. The more extreme bills will probably die in committee or if voted out of committee die in a full vote (I suspect it will be close though). I will not be surprised if the watered down bills do get out of committee and passed by the full legislature. My guess is they will have to pass something since they put so much media face time into this Sandy Hook Commission committee. My guess is they'll try to take out 53-202m (the preban statute), and maybe add a few more names to the banned by name list. They'll most likely pass the proposed legislation; H.B. No. 5069, H.B. No. 5222 and S.B. No. 78. Those are low hanging fruit that will get support from some Republicans.

I'll be surprised if they get though this legislative session without passing something that incrementally advances their anti rights agenda.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#10]
For my own sanity I will not work myself up over the what ifs. I will likely testify to be ignored by our reps. Election box has not worked.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CTHTF boating accident?

Your welcome on my boat

And remember.... the roles , your the bottom!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#12]
This report is nothing more than a soundbite and a couple of courant articles. The powers that be won't let anything like this near a vote.  CT left the pre-94 exemption in for a reason. I think it was so they couldn't be accused of banning an entire class of arms. The SCOTUS would slap it down hard, if not fast.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:48:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Two thing, first how do I get on the boat?  Second,  I need to get the fuck out of this state....
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:26:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For my own sanity I will not work myself up over the what ifs. I will likely testify to be ignored by our reps. Election box has not worked.

View Quote

Soap box - fail, so far

Ballot box - fail

Jury box - in progress.

I forget what's next
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:39:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Soap box - fail, so far

Ballot box - fail

Jury box - in progress.

I forget what's next
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soap box - fail, so far

Ballot box - fail

Jury box - in progress.

I forget what's next

Pew pew pew that's whats next
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:39:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't not take it seriously. My point is that we can do nothing until a bill is proposed. Yes for terrible reasons our wonderful leaders of the state will use this to justify their proposed bills. But what can we do before a bill is proposed? Serious question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who gives a fuck. The commission doent mean or do shit. Sit back and enjoy until bills are produced then fight them all over again. I personally don't beleive we will see a bill passed that says turn in your salty weapons but only time will tell.

You should take this report seriously because the politicians (and the media) are going to use it as their justification for their gun grabbing bills they have waiting in the wings which will be introduced either on the day this report is released or shortly there after. They will wave this report around and say anyone who doesn't support their ideals (ie the bills that grab more guns) want more children to die. They ARE working from a script here.

What remains to be seen is what many who voted for SB1160 but felt sick doing so will do when they're beaten about the head by the media with this report. Will they once again fall lockstep in with the Beth Bye's and Martin Looney's or will they have the balls to take a stand for what's right and denounce the report as self serving political propaganda that won't prevent the next Adam Lanza from killing since it doesn't focus on mental health.

I don't not take it seriously. My point is that we can do nothing until a bill is proposed. Yes for terrible reasons our wonderful leaders of the state will use this to justify their proposed bills. But what can we do before a bill is proposed? Serious question.

Nothing...legally....seriously
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Can you guys do me a favor?  I live in NM and I'm tired of the NE liberals trying to force their crap down the throats of red state America.  Please tell them that the entire country does not revolve around them, and that we don't need to be saved.  Actually, as far as I’m concerned the liberal NE area and California can go and form their own country.
View Quote

I'm going to put this as nicely as possibly....leave cthtf and please never come back, you're no longer welcome.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:39:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Everyone just take a deep breath and calm down...

In a way this is a lot easier than 2012/13. We know the legislature has a blank check to write any bills they see fit practically directly into law via ecert. There is no process that matters, nothing legal we can do will affect the outcome of it.

A lot of us ran ourselves ragged last time for absolutely nothing. It's not worth having a coronary over something you cannot change.

Have a drink, go out with friends, fix up your house to sell, etc. Ignore them as best you can until there's an MRAP idling in your driveway at 3AM which we all know will likely never happen.

So they pass another hundred laws, who cares? They can stack 'em with the other volumes of ones that also don't make any sense, can't be enforced, and aren't funded.

Give no fucks.... it's refreshing.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:24:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Can you guys do me a favor?  I live in NM and I'm tired of the NE liberals trying to force their crap down the throats of red state America.  Please tell them that the entire country does not revolve around them, and that we don't need to be saved.  Actually, as far as I’m concerned the liberal NE area and California can go and form their own country.
View Quote
Why don't you write to our senators and tell them how you feel instead of wasting your energy talking shit to us. We have...

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This report is nothing more than a soundbite and a couple of courant articles. The powers that be won't let anything like this near a vote.  CT left the pre-94 exemption in for a reason. I think it was so they couldn't be accused of banning an entire class of arms. The SCOTUS would slap it down hard, if not fast.
View Quote

SCOTUS, in its current make up, would probably would slap down a total ban or outright confiscation with no compensation. But it would probably be another 5-4 vote. That assumes of course that the makeup of SCOTUS doesn't change between now and some future point in time when the case gets heard by them. Look at what's happening now. PA 13-3 has been on the books for close to two years without being overturned. In fact one lower court has already upheld the law. It will take years for a challenge to a total ban or confiscation without compensation to whined its way through the legal system before reaching SCOTUS. Not to mention it takes a pile of cash to fund that legal challenge. The anti rights side knows this and is counting on this.

Its important to remember that initially with SB1160 they didn't leave the preban exemption. When PA 13-3 was enacted prebans were technically left in limbo since that statute refered to portions of law that no longer existed. Only with SB1094 did they go back and repeal and replace the preban statute. It is the preban statute that gives lie to their entire claim that they've banned those evil baby killing AR's in CT. It wouldn't surprise me if they decided to try to remove it (or rewrite it to reban banned by name prebans) and let the courts duke it out. Even if they eventually lost in court (probably at SCOTUS) it would give them a symbolic media propaganda victory.

With the reelection of Malloy by a wider margin then the first election some up there may see that as a green light to pass additional anti rights laws since they may feel that we gun owners are the fringe and ineffective.

No matter what though expect them to do something. They generally work via incrementalism so while they probably won't pass a complete ban there is still a lot they could pass that could still screw us. While some say we shouldn't worry, we should still remain vigilant and pay attention to what our enemies are doing and saying.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

SCOTUS, in its current make up, would probably would slap down a total ban or outright confiscation with no compensation. But it would probably be another 5-4 vote. That assumes of course that the makeup of SCOTUS doesn't change between now and some future point in time when the case gets heard by them. Look at what's happening now. PA 13-3 has been on the books for close to two years without being overturned. In fact one lower court has already upheld the law. It will take years for a challenge to a total ban or confiscation without compensation to whined its way through the legal system before reaching SCOTUS. Not to mention it takes a pile of cash to fund that legal challenge. The anti rights side knows this and is counting on this.

Its important to remember that initially with SB1160 they didn't leave the preban exemption. When PA 13-3 was enacted prebans were technically left in limbo since that statute refered to portions of law that no longer existed. Only with SB1094 did they go back and repeal and replace the preban statute. It is the preban statute that gives lie to their entire claim that they've banned those evil baby killing AR's in CT. It wouldn't surprise me if they decided to try to remove it (or rewrite it to reban banned by name prebans) and let the courts duke it out. Even if they eventually lost in court (probably at SCOTUS) it would give them a symbolic media propaganda victory.

With the reelection of Malloy by a wider margin then the first election some up there may see that as a green light to pass additional anti rights laws since they may feel that we gun owners are the fringe and ineffective.

No matter what though expect them to do something. They generally work via incrementalism so while they probably won't pass a complete ban there is still a lot they could pass that could still screw us. While some say we shouldn't worry, we should still remain vigilant and pay attention to what our enemies are doing and saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the kicker right there. We need to accept that we are the minority in this state and frankly, it seems like we do not represent the majority of citizens in CT. The people of CT got what they wanted, right wrong or indifferent. We will not change that through elections here, as for the most part, we do not represent the majority of CTs population. The only hope we have is through judicial action which frankly, I don't expect will win either.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's the kicker right there. We need to accept that we are the minority in this state and frankly, it seems like we do not represent the majority of citizens in CT. The people of CT got what they wanted, right wrong or indifferent. We will not change that through elections here, as for the most part, we do not represent the majority of CTs population. The only hope we have is through judicial action which frankly, I don't expect will win either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Ct is lost. The re election of malloy has proved that ignorance and corruption rules. Either plan on getting out or plan on hiding your shit.

I can garentee this was released to pour salt on the wounds. I wouldn't be surprised if malloy helped them write it. This has nothing to do with gun control or public safety, it's about power. And malloy has it for another 4 years . I doubt they could pull a full out ban like that but I guess anything is possible in the name of the children
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Save all the mental energy of getting pissed.

They'll do whatever they want.  Spend your time thinking about how to adapt, how to move, etc.

This shit will only get worse.  Hope CT enjoys the spoils of their bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#24]
why dont we all make a bill and do it the right way with all the legal bullshit backed by the reps,to stop infringing on our rights or better yet to impeach this big dumb cunt.

seriously.

were all bullshitting here when we should be getting the house representatives on our side to oppose these laws. we the people need to stand up, and stand tall, to what is right.

its obvious and clear now they are abusing the fact of sand hook shooting to take away our guns. well, its been obvious what they were doing, but to drag it on for 2 years and keep fighting? no.
sorry your kids got blown away by a sick fuck, so quit taking our shit away and infringing upon our rights because what happened to you.

ill say it again, FDM,YBDC
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
why dont we all make a bill and do it the right way with all the legal bullshit backed by the reps,to stop infringing on our rights or better yet to impeach this big dumb cunt.

seriously.

were all bullshitting here when we should be getting the house representatives on our side to oppose these laws. we the people need to stand up, and stand tall, to what is right.

its obvious and clear now they are abusing the fact of sand hook shooting to take away our guns. well, its been obvious what they were doing, but to drag it on for 2 years and keep fighting? no.
sorry your kids got blown away by a sick fuck, so quit taking our shit away and infringing upon our rights because what happened to you.

View Quote

What reps would pass a pro gun law? Then would Malloy sign it or veto it? Just accept the fact that we all choose to live here in CT and we're not welcome here and live your life accordingly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What reps would pass a pro gun law? Then would Malloy sign it or veto it? Just accept the fact that we all choose to live here in CT and we're not welcome here and live your life accordingly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

seriously.

theres a handful of reps that are pro gun...

people like you do not have the right to complain. do your part and talk to state reps in your district. then you can bitch.

if you dont try to oppose or fight this type of matter, dont bitch. then it comes down on you, for living here in the state.

until then. have a good day!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

people like you do not have the right to complain. do your part and talk to state reps in your district. then you can bitch.

if you dont try to oppose or fight this type of matter, dont bitch. then it comes down on you, for living here in the state.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

seriously.

You must be blind. Have you not seen what has happened in ct the past 2 years?? We don't have enough vote to pull anything off. Talking to our reps really worked the last time right before the ban.
There is a simple fact that we are out numbered. Period. There is no way to win here . They can shove anything they want up our ass
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Honestly now is not the time to bicker amongst ourselves when we all want the same thing.
I won't drag those poor parents into this knowing full well they are being used as pawns. My moral compass does not allow me to do that,I am sorry .

My recommendation is to go the legislative route, engage in conversation with my reps and let my voice be heard. If I see that is not making progress then one must make contingency plans. You are all smart enough to know what that means so I won't explain further.
Always give yourself options,never paint yourself into a corner.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#29]
I really don't think they can pass anything of this size all at once .Even their lawyers arnt that nuts.  But they will do it over time. We can not win that fight . Make your contingency plan whether it be, leave or stay and fight.

One of these days we will have to choose one of those routes
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#30]
This state is a lost cause. The liberals are strong. They have infiltrated our school system and brainwashed children with their progressive ideals. This movement has been happening since the 1960s. They are reaping the rewards of their "communist youth" programs. All the kids from the 60s, 70s and 80s are now adults and running the country.

If we want to take this state back we need to teach the children and wait. Without funding alternative schools I do not think we have a chance.

My son used to come home from school and tell me how Bush is a bad president or Obama is great. I would sit him down and show him the facts and then he would say things like "why do the teachers lie?". Now he is a registered Republican. He chose this on his own. I showed him what both parties represent and let him make his choice.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This state is a lost cause. The liberals are strong. They have infiltrated our school system and brainwashed children with their progressive ideals. This movement has been happening since the 1960s. They are reaping the rewards of their "communist youth" programs. All the kids from the 60s, 70s and 80s are now adults and running the country.

If we want to take this state back we need to teach the children and wait. Without funding alternative schools I do not think we have a chance.

My son used to come home from school and tell me how Bush is a bad president or Obama is great. I would sit him down and show him the facts and then he would say things like "why do the teachers lie?". Now he is a registered Republican. He chose this on his own. I showed him what both parties represent and let him make his choice.

View Quote

Unfortunatly the majority of the voters are from the inner city's . Those kids are lost because the parents arnt there at all or the parents buy in to the free ride they have
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#32]
The inner city voters are a major part of the problem. Combine that with the Prius owners and Whole Food shoppers and you have the majority of voters covered. Our only hope here is to educate the children of the Prius/Whole Foods people and turn them around. They did this to the children of WWII vets and made them hippies and liberals.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The inner city voters are a major part of the problem. Combine that with the Prius owners and Whole Food shoppers and you have the majority of voters covered. Our only hope here is to educate the children of the Prius/Whole Foods people and turn them around. They did this to the children of WWII vets and made them hippies and liberals.
View Quote

You dont go after the hippies, their "mind is made up" just as much as ours is. Is a hippie gonna change your mind? You go after everyone in between (otherwise known as the low info voter). Those without strong opinion.

And who are we outnumbered by? Unarmed people? Bahahahahahahahahahahaha

This isnt a problem that will be solved talking to your reps. Anyone who believes its that easy is outta their skulls. This is a long game, won over many battlefields on many fronts, not one or two battles over one or two years. As edge mentioned, this is fought in our schools and our streets, the grocery store etc . . Only a very small part is played on the legislative level.

And we WILL win. We must. Anyone ready to concede a loss already, has only lost to themselves. If you are fighting, you are winning. And thats the truth.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You dont go after the hippies, their "mind is made up" just as much as ours is. Is a hippie gonna change your mind? You go after everyone in between (otherwise known as the low info voter). Those without strong opinion.

This isnt a problem that will be solved talking to your reps. Anyone who believes its that easy is outta their skulls. This is a long game, won over many battlefields on many fronts, not one or two battles over one or two years. As edge mentioned, this is fought in our schools and our streets, the grocery store etc . . Only a very small part is played on the legislative level.

And we WILL win. We must. Anyone ready to concede a loss already, has only lost to themselves. If you are fighting, you are winning. And thats the truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not going to change the mind of an adult. What I am saying is the "hippies" of the 60s were children of conservative WWII vets. The liberal pollution in our schools brainwashed them. We need to do the same to their children to build a future generation with the ideal we want. The liberals are in it for the long haul. We need to be too.

yes low information or one issue voters are the immediate fix. We need to get them on our side.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Sent Drudge a link to the story hopefully they will pick it up and shine some light on these cockroaches.Also I am not suprised by this at all
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#36]
If they get something to the floor, it will pass.  Nothing we can do about it.  The state is lost.

The voters have spoken - they only care about transgenders, gay marriage, abortion, handouts and amnesty for illegals.  Gun rights be damned.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is why my children are Homeschooled!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is why my children are Homeschooled!
View Quote

I won't be surprised if the report recommends something be done about homeschooling. There are many progressives who would love to stamp down on homeschooling and force homeschool kids back into the public education system. One long held goal by progressives is to insert "the state" between the child and their parent.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Interesting point, they could even use Lanza to attack "homeschoolers" since the narrative presented claimed she had pulled him out of school several times.

Point is, the evil people in that LOB are going to do whatever they want and nothing legal will stop them.

Getting too worked up over it isn't hurting them a bit.

It's time for everyone's Plan B, whatever that may be.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Lol there is a bill proposed to form a task force to study "hoarding"

There is no end to their nosy bullshit
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#41]
So someone who exercises their 2A rights is just a "firearms enthusiast"...

Gun shop owner speaks out about new regulation recommendation
http://wtnh.com/2015/01/17/gun-shop-owner-speaks-out-about-new-regulation-recomendation/

BRANFORD, Conn. (WTNH) – Ask a Connecticut firearms enthusiast about what they think of the Sandy Hook Advisory Commission and you’re not likely to get a favorable answer.

Thomas Imperati, is the owner the Hunter’s Shop in Branford and he says many gun enthusiasts, like himself, are still angry over new regulations placed on owners in the wake of the massacre in Newtown. He argues what was done, like banning the AR-15 rifle and ending the sale of ammunition magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds, hasn’t made people safer but instead has just made things harder on responsible gun owners.

Friday the commission made a new recommendation that is creating waves throughout the industry again. They say the state’s gun laws don’t go far enough and based on their research of mass shootings are ready to recommend a total ban on the sale and possession of firearms that can shoot more than 10 bullets without reloading.

Its a move that Imperati finds troubling, telling News 8 should the recommendation get added to the state’s gun laws it will have a devastating impact on those who sell firearms for a living.

“Its going to put a lot of guys out of business,” said Imperati. “There’s guys out there, big gun stores, that rely on new gun sales and it will close them down.”
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://wtnh.com/2015/01/17/gun-shop-owner-speaks-out-about-new-regulation-recomendation/

BRANFORD, Conn. (WTNH) – Ask a Connecticut firearms enthusiast about what they think of the Sandy Hook Advisory Commission and you’re not likely to get a favorable answer.

Thomas Imperati, is the owner the Hunter’s Shop in Branford and he says many gun enthusiasts, like himself, are still angry over new regulations placed on owners in the wake of the massacre in Newtown. He argues what was done, like banning the AR-15 rifle and ending the sale of ammunition magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds, hasn’t made people safer but instead has just made things harder on responsible gun owners.

Friday the commission made a new recommendation that is creating waves throughout the industry again. They say the state’s gun laws don’t go far enough and based on their research of mass shootings are ready to recommend a total ban on the sale and possession of firearms that can shoot more than 10 bullets without reloading.

Its a move that Imperati finds troubling, telling News 8 should the recommendation get added to the state’s gun laws it will have a devastating impact on those who sell firearms for a living.

“Its going to put a lot of guys out of business,” said Imperati. “There’s guys out there, big gun stores, that rely on new gun sales and it will close them down.”
View Quote

Like bass pro.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

better then calling us firearms activists or whatever term makes us sound like the devil
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#44]
It totally blows my mind that it took these people 2 years to come up with this bullshit.. Of course they disclose recommendations about firearms but still working on the language for the most important issues of Mental Health and School Security!

Holy Fu**! Anyone of us could have sat down for an hour and came up with something better.

Being a Fireman for the past 16 years of one of the larger cities in this shit state, it really pisses me off that the FD Chief of Norwalk would even consider being a part of this committee.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It totally blows my mind that it took these people 2 years to come up with this bullshit.. Of course they disclose recommendations about firearms but still working on the language for the most important issues of Mental Health and School Security!

Holy Fu**! Anyone of us could have sat down for an hour and came up with something better.

Being a Fireman for the past 16 years of one of the larger cities in this shit state, it really pisses mt e off that the FD Chief of Norwalk would even consider being a part of this committee.
View Quote

why?

you know that every police/fire chief out there, whether paid or volunteer is a politician in reality

id put money on him running for some office, or wanting to get appointed to some office
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

why?

you know that every police/fire chief out there, whether paid or volunteer is a politician in reality

id put money on him running for some office, or wanting to get appointed to some office
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Being a Fireman for the past 16 years of one of the larger cities in this shit state, it really pisses mt e off that the FD Chief of Norwalk would even consider being a part of this committee.

why?

Oh.. I totally know all about that..  It just infuriates me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Being a Fireman for the past 16 years of one of the larger cities in this shit state, it really pisses me off that the FD Chief of Norwalk would even consider being a part of this committee.
View Quote

Surprised they didn't drag it on longer,it made them relevant. Without this commission you think anyone gives a shit what the mayor of Hamden or the fire chief of norwalk has to say?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why?

i hear ya man
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm still here guys.
Let me know what I can do.
I'd be happy to store things for anyone until you can move out, but again, no NFA in RI.
If I were in your shoes, I would seriously talk to someone out of state, who could legally store your nfa items short term. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
Let me know when the shooting starts.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#50]
How about that guy who said the common denominator isn't "mental health". They are still tip toeing around the mental health issue.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top