Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2014 9:42:26 PM EDT
Looks like I have the in laws for guests on Christmas day . My mother in law is super cool my father I law is a pain in the ass Obama bot. I need a beer or two already .
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looks like I have the in laws for guests on Christmas day . My mother in law is super cool my father I law is a pain in the ass Obama bot. I need a beer or two already .
View Quote

I'll trade you.  FIL is a good man....MIL is a freaking nightmare.  As she is Russian, I refer to her as Putin.  They are a humorless people.  Additionally, she cooks food unfit for a Siberian gulag.  When she passes and goes to Hell, she will tell Satan how he was doing everything wrong to the point where he will cross the River Styx running and never look back.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you guys need Xanax and good whiskey.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Anti's too?

Just start loading up magazines to pass the time at the table.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll trade you.  FIL is a good man....MIL is a freaking nightmare.  As she is Russian, I refer to her as Putin.  They are a humorless people.  Additionally, she cooks food unfit for a Siberian gulag.  When she passes and goes to Hell, she will tell Satan how he was doing everything wrong to the point where he will cross the River Styx running and never look back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha that's scary .  We give my MIL wine and she's pretty rowdy for 72. One year we had the wii set up and she was playing with the kids. She let out a loud "awe shiiiit !"  All the kids started laughing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anti's too?

Just start loading up magazines to pass the time at the table.
View Quote

Yes he is. He always likes to see what the wife gets me and the kids. I may just have to bring it out with the scope on it. I'll have to get my bucket out to catch the liberal tears to lube my stuff up
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife is from Russia and my MIL was an awesome lady. She passed 3 years ago from cancer. I have been blessed. Married twice and both my wive's inlaws are awesome.

Even stayed friends with the ex-wife. I got super lucky. Uncontested divorce cost me $50 in NC.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I get to avoid in laws this Xmas thank god as we are at my families place in Pa this year (we rotate every year) my in laws are  all left leaning libtards.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Immediate family is my only real family. They all agree with me on most shit, so . . .

We go to the inlaws for a little bit. Bunch of full grown, full blown what the fuck. We can both only stand them in small doses, so its usually a short(ish) visit. I fully enjoy spending all my time there shooting the shit with her grandfather - a Air Force Retired Korea Vet. He's the only reason I go, its an honor to be able to sit at the same table as him. The man really is a national treasure - he was a B-29 Crew Chief - and since his retirement, has volunteered his services and expertise at the New England Air Museum. For the last 20+ years he has refused pay while meticulously re-working "Jacks Hack" (the B-29 on display there) back to immaculate, 100% original restoration. When I say its an honor to sit at the same table with him, its a complete and utter understatement.

Here is a link to some really nice photos of his work - B-29 SuperFortress, Jack's Hack.. You can go see it yourself at the New England Air Museum at Bradley International.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a beauty .My best friend and his father used to maintain one of the planes there. I went with them a couple times it was very cool. They knew everything about planes and aviation it was pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Immediate family is my only real family. They all agree with me on most shit, so . . .

We go to the inlaws for a little bit. Bunch of full grown, full blown what the fuck. We can both only stand them in small doses, so its usually a short(ish) visit. I fully enjoy spending all my time there shooting the shit with her grandfather - a Air Force Retired Korea Vet. He's the only reason I go, its an honor to be able to sit at the same table as him. The man really is a national treasure - he was a B-29 Crew Chief - and since his retirement, has volunteered his services and expertise at the New England Air Museum. For the last 20+ years he has refused pay while meticulously re-working "Jacks Hack" (the B-29 on display there) back to immaculate, 100% original restoration. When I say its an honor to sit at the same table with him, its a complete and utter understatement.

Here is a link to some really nice photos of his work - B-29 SuperFortress, Jack's Hack.. You can go see it yourself at the New England Air Museum at Bradley International.

View Quote

Cool, my Father probably has met your GrandFather in law, my old man was the construction supervisor that built that building. He had the honor to meet all those old timers that rebuilt that plane. He spent many months there with them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:40:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I haven't been since the tornado? Have they removed the duct tape?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, for the past four years, my in-laws have been living with us between October 25th (or so), until a few days after Christmas.

My father-in-law is the Santa for the Danbury Fair Mall. On weekends my mother-in-law is Mrs, Claus,

They live in Florida the rest of the time and come up to see their favorite grand-kids and make a few extra bucks.

This is the first year they didn't do the full time themselves. It got to be too much and now they bail at 3:30 and get replaced by the evening Santa.

So, for around two months, I'm forced to endure Christmas gatherings for an very extended period of time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top