Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 6:41:50 PM EDT
Im looking at these as a nice pinker.....I thought they got banned recently but there seem to be plenty.....did they get banned?  Or no?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Im looking at these as a nice pinker.....I thought they got banned recently but there seem to be plenty.....did they get banned?  Or no?
View Quote

Are you aware that Malloy got re- elected?
Do you remember that whole Sandy Hook AWB thing?
?
Not trying to be a dick here but do you remember the last  year or 2?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not talking about the ass bag maloy ban....FDM

I'm talking about the Obama ban on the Russian stuff that went down as a result of the Ukraine shit.

The iz114 is legal in CT right now.  

My question was me inquiring if these things really got banned under this Obama/ Ukraine related ban....because there are a bunch on the market.

Should have been more clear up front.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

The "IZHMASH Saiga AK" is specifically banned by name. All other semiautomatic centerfire detachable magazine Saiga's manufactured post 9/13/94 that have any of the following features are banned:
A folding or telescoping stock;
Any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;
A forward pistol grip;
A flash suppressor; or
A grenade launcher or flare launcher; or
A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the ability to accept more than ten rounds; or
A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than thirty inches; or

And "All IZHMASH Saiga 12 Shotguns" are banned.

Some shops may carry them (Siaga sporting rifles) others may not. This older thread indicates someone bought one from Connecticut Firearms and Tactical in Orange earlier this year and that other shops may be carrying them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The "IZHMASH Saiga AK" is specifically banned by name. All other semiautomatic centerfire detachable magazine Saiga's manufactured post 9/13/94 that have any of the following features are banned:
Any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;
A forward pistol grip;
A flash suppressor; or
A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the ability to accept more than ten rounds; or
A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than thirty inches; or

Some shops may carry them (Siaga sporting rifles) others may not. This older thread indicates someone bought one from Connecticut Firearms and Tactical in Orange earlier this year and that other shops may be carrying them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A forward pistol grip;
A flash suppressor; or

Yeah.  I know that stuff already.  Bottom line is shops have been cleared by dessp ( or whatever the fuck they call themselves ) to sell them.  What I want to know is about that supposed Obama executive action ban on Russian stuf.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#5]
They did not get banned federally but Obama made future import of saiga and other russian firearms illegal a few months back

link to Washington post article
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah.  I know that stuff already.  Bottom line is shops have been cleared by dessp ( or whatever the fuck they call themselves ) to sell them.  What I want to know is about that supposed Obama executive action ban on Russian stuf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A forward pistol grip;
A flash suppressor; or

Does not pertain to you if you can find one, buy one and take possession
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A forward pistol grip;
A flash suppressor; or

Well to be fair you were not clear in your initial post on what you seek, namely information on if the feds banned them.

Ukraine-related Sanctions; Publication of Executive Order 13662 Sectoral Sanctions Identifications List

The following entities have been added to OFAC's SDN List:
KALASHNIKOV CONCERN (a.k.a. CONCERN KALASHNIKOV; a.k.a. IZHEVSKIY MASHINOSTROITEL'NYI ZAVOD OAO; f.k.a. IZHMASH R&D CENTER; f.k.a. JSC NPO IZHMASH; f.k.a. NPO IZHMASH OAO; a.k.a. OJSC CONCERN KALASHNIKOV; f.k.a. OJSC IZHMASH; f.k.a. SCIENTIFIC PRODUCTION ASSOCIATION IZHMASH JOINT STOCK COMPANY), 3, Derjabin Pr., Izhevsk, Udmurt Republic 426006, Russia; Registration ID 1111832003018 [UKRAINE2].

You can still buy any that are currently in the country, its just one currently cannot import them. From the Questions Related to Sectoral Sanctions under Executive Order 13662:

374. If I own a Kalashnikov product, is that product blocked by sanctions? Am I able to resell a Kalashnikov product at a gun show or other secondary market?
If a U.S. person is in possession of a Kalashnikov Concern product that was bought and fully paid for prior to the date of designation (i.e., no payment remains due to Kalashnikov Concern), then that product is not blocked and OFAC sanctions would not prohibit the U.S. person from keeping or selling the product in the secondary market, so long as Kalashnikov Concern has no interest in the transaction. New transactions by U.S. persons with Kalashnikov Concern are prohibited, however, and any property in which Kalashnikov Concern has an interest is blocked pursuant to OFAC’s designation of Kalashnikov Concern on July 16, 2014. If a U.S. person has an inventory of Kalashnikov Concern products in which Kalashnikov Concern has an interest (for example, the products are not fully paid for or are being sold on consignment), we advise that U.S. person to contact OFAC for further guidance on handling of the inventory. [7-16-2014]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

375. If I have Kalashnikov products in my inventory, can I sell them?
If a U.S. person has an inventory of Kalashnikov Concern products in which Kalashnikov Concern has an interest (for example, the products are not fully paid for or are being sold on consignment), we advise that U.S. person to contact OFAC for further guidance on handling of the inventory. [7-16-2014]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

AHAHAHAHA.  Basically.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top