Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2014 3:52:43 PM EDT
Any shops have it where I could hold it? I don't own a full size handgun and the price is tempting. I held the VP9 and it was the first time a handgun made me go "wow this feels good!" But with the TP9 trigger supposedly at 3.5 lbs I'd like to see how it is. Especially considering the price of the HK.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You might like the new XD 2.0 with "grip zone"

Haven't seen a tp9 in ct
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:10:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think I could justify the price of the XD, at that point I'd prob shoot for the HK. Does it actually feel good or is that sarcasm lol.        
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You might like the new XD 2.0 with "grip zone"

View Quote

Haven't seen a tp9 in ct

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Why so do you  hate American industry and wants to support moon-worshipers in a mooslim country.  
How about a glock?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Because I'm a poor college student and every gun I own is American, with most built in this state actually. I figured I'd mix it up. The whole package looks like a great deal even if the holster is shit. I want a G29 but the Sig is makingm me wait, so in the meantime i need a fullsize.w
waitOriginall

Why so do you  hate American industry and wants to support moon-worshipers in a mooslim country.  

How about a glock?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Canick is 18 rnd mags.

Good luck finding 10s
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I keep reading here guys are having shops pin? Doesn't delta?        
Quoted:

Canick is 18 rnd mags.

Good luck finding 10s
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't seen one in CT, maybe because I don't think they come with 10rd mag option.  

So, $20-50 xfer cost to bring it into CT.

Then another $20 for each mag to be pinned.

Don't forget CT sales tax!

My advice is to buy a used glock face to face in CT.  

$425 preban glock sold today
http://www.ctguntalk.com/smf/index.php/topic,35734.0.html

Ruger SR9 is a good cheap 9mm full size that you can find used for $350ish.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#10]
This afternoon I picked up my preban Glock 21 with new Trijican night sights. $450 and it is in excellent condition in original box from 1991.

Suppressor and new barrel on order from Delta.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I haven't seen one in CT, maybe because I don't think they come with 10rd mag option.  

View Quote

So, $20-50 xfer cost to bring it into CT.

Then another $20 for each mag to be pinned.

Don't forget CT sales tax!

My advice is to buy a used glock face to face in CT.  

$425 preban glock sold today
http://www.ctguntalk.com/smf/index.php/topic,35734.0.html

Ruger SR9 is a good cheap 9mm full size that you can find used for $350ish.

My EDC is a SR9c haha! I ended up walking out with one of the new M1 Carbines in 9mm...whoops!!

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This afternoon I picked up my preban Glock 21 with new Trijican night sights. $450 and it is in excellent condition in original box from 1991.

View Quote

I did the exact same thing at delta yesterday, but mine was a 22 in 98%+ condition from 93 for $390 of EE. Osprey 45 otw.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I did the exact same thing at delta yesterday, but mine was a 22 in 98%+ condition from 93 for $390 of EE. Osprey 45 otw.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a good price too. I figured nice and bright Tijicon night sights were worth at least $100. The only bummer is Marie has to order the Octane suppressor before we can file papers. Same with your Osprey, right?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That is a good price too. I figured nice and bright Tijicon night sights were worth at least $100. The only bummer is Marie has to order the Octane suppressor before we can file papers. Same with your Osprey, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but I don't really mind. The osprey from silencer shop was only 60 dollars less then delta was charging and I sort of like having delta be involved as it's my first silencer purchase.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Because I'm a poor college student and every gun I own is American, with most built in this state actually. I figured I'd mix it up. The whole package looks like a great deal even if the holster is shit. I want a G29 but the Sig is makingm me wait, so in the meantime i need a fullsize.w

View All Quotes
Quoted:
waitOriginall
How about a glock?

As your attorney, I propose the proper response to "why don't you buy American" is "it's none of your fucking business".  But I digress and you are too polite.

I consider truly American companies to be those where the profits actually stay in the country.  Honda's, Toyota's, Nissan's all go back to Japan.  Glock's go to Austria.  No difference.  Buy what makes you happy although Cav's warning about the magazines is a valid one you might want to look into.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#17]
So guys I solved my problem in an awesome way. I technically own one of those Sikorsky berreta 92 trade ins, but I don't own any Beretta mags so it was basically defunkt. Well I picked up that new M1 Carbiene in 9mm today that takes 92 mags, and came with two! So now I've got a whole mag compatible platform. Pretty stoked its a super cool carbiene. More than I wanted to spend but that is always the story haha.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So guys I solved my problem in an awesome way. I technically own one of those Sikorsky berreta 92 trade ins, but I don't own any Beretta mags so it was basically defunkt. Well I picked up that new M1 Carbiene in 9mm today that takes 92 mags, and came with two! So now I've got a whole mag compatible platform. Pretty stoked its a super cool carbiene. More than I wanted to spend but that is always the story haha.
View Quote

That worked out nicely.

I was very intersted in the Canik also.

Just better for me to buy pre owned Glocks and stay with the same manual of arms.

Mags are available parts etc. I know same old boring Glock tripe.
Pragmatic and lazy, that's me.

40sw Glocks police trade ins are all over the place for great prices btw.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Well the M1 won't chamber a live round. The bolt jams solid if a loaded magazine is inserted or if the bolt is closed on a loaded mag. Any ideas gentlemen? The mags work fine in the 92. I can't find any info online because the gun is so new. The bolt also becomes frozen if I try to cycle the bolt on an empty mag.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well the M1 won't chamber a live round. The bolt jams solid if a loaded magazine is inserted or if the bolt is closed on a loaded mag. Any ideas gentlemen? The mags work fine in the 92. I can't find any info online because the gun is so new. The bolt also becomes frozen if I try to cycle the bolt on an empty mag.
View Quote

Are you using Ball(FMJ) ammo? If not, try that first. Otherwise since you just bought it, I would go back to Delta and let them deal with it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Yes ball fmj. And no I went to CT Firearm and Tactical. I thought guns are non returnable/exchangeable items?        
Quoted:
Are you using Ball(FMJ) ammo? If not, try that first. Otherwise since you just bought it, I would go back to Delta and let them deal with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#22]
CTFT said call Chiappa and see if they have a fix, Chiapas number is long distance (to Italy I presume) so my phone won't let me call. Upon further examination, it appears that the design of may partially be what I'm experiencing. The charging handle has a pin you can push to hold the bolt open. However in the held open position the bolt is still 2-3mm OVER the rear edge of the cartridge. Releasing it from this point just drives the bolt in to the side of the round. I can get it to load by inserting a loaded mag on a closed bolt, then forcefully cycling the action. HOWEVER, the bolt still sticks shut if a mag loaded to 10 rounds is inserted, as opposed to 9.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#23]
+1 for buy American. And for the profits going overseas argument. At least companies that have production and customer service in the US have employees spending $$ domestically and help local economies.  Trust me I'am not a lawyer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I also picked up one of those 92's and found 10 rd mags here in the EE for 10 to 15 bucks shipped. Looking for threaded barrel for it now. Slick Guns has a leaked Black Friday ad for Buds Gun Shop that has a Canik 9mm for 99.99
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Holy shit that range trip was a clusterfuck. Wouldn't run more than two rounds without jamming solid. And a bunch of times it would seat barley out of battery. I even tried a factory Beretta mag. CT Firearms and Tactical gives you a free half hour down at the Bridgeport range so I went for the first time and used that. Naturally I had another encounter with the old dude in the gun shop there.

Me: "You guys carry Beretta 92 mags"? "

Him "IF WE HAVE ANY HIGH CAPS YOU CANT HAVE THEM!!!!!".

ME:" Uh I know".

Him: "WE SELL TO POLICE TOOOOOO".

ME:" KK Cool".

And now its looking like Chiappa is a customer service black hole. Should have gotten the P07...
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Holy shit that range trip was a clusterfuck. Wouldn't run more than two rounds without jamming solid. And a bunch of times it would seat barley out of battery. I even tried a factory Beretta mag. CT Firearms and Tactical gives you a free half hour down at the Bridgeport range so I went for the first time and used that. Naturally I had another encounter with the old dude in the gun shop there.
Me: "You guys carry Beretta 92 mags"? "
Him "IF WE HAVE ANY HIGH CAPS YOU CANT HAVE THEM!!!!!".
ME:" Uh I know".
Him: "WE SELL TO POLICE TOOOOOO".
ME:" KK Cool".
And now its looking like Chiappa is a customer service black hole. Should have gotten the P07...
View Quote

Hoffmans has them at 35 bucks a pop !!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Did you buy this gun new or used? I would demand my money back. The gun does not work, period. If you used a credit card you can dispute it that way. I don't care if there is a no return policy. He sold you a product that doesn't work. The law will see things in your favor. If you bought it and did not like it then I would say you are SOL.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I paid cash bought new. I've spoken to him and he's gonna try to get on the horn Monday with the company. I don't think he's trying to stick me with it he's a good dude. My car battery died in the parking lot when I went to leave after buying the gun and he didn't have a jump, so he let me chill in the shop till a jump came even tho he was gonna close early. I normally research the fuck out of every purchase I make. This was my first impulse buy and I feel stupid as shit and frustrated. It sucks cuz its a cool gun. Should have bought another lower instead.

Quoted:

Did you buy this gun new or used? I would demand my money back. The gun does not work, period. If you used a credit card you can dispute it that way. I don't care if there is a no return policy. He sold you a product that doesn't work. The law will see things in your favor. If you bought it and did not like it then I would say you are SOL.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I ran the 92 for the first time today. Flawless and what a wonderful trigger.        
Quoted:
I also picked up one of those 92's and found 10 rd mags here in the EE for 10 to 15 bucks shipped. Looking for threaded barrel for it now. Slick Guns has a leaked Black Friday ad for Buds Gun Shop that has a Canik 9mm for 99.99

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top