Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2014 9:51:52 AM EDT
They open on the 23rd. I've been delivering there looks pretty good. May try it Sunday after checking out the 3 gun in Andover .

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if they'll be at BeerConn on Dec 13th?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm going to deliver there today I will ask.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
They are right down the street from me.  I find it interesting because they are in the springborn building.  I have a few tails of childhood involving that building.  

The short, they use to fire M16s into the water fall testing their recoil springs.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool, thanks, I'll be going to it.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike said he's not sure if he's gonna be there. He's been asked though. They are doing a soft opening for pint club members and those who want to join on Thursday and friday. I may stop and join on
" />friday. Sunday at noon is the grand opening.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I went to their open house- 4 styles of beer. They open for the public on Sunday and I have 3 empty growlers waiting I drive by to work everyday.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm working the weekend, so I can't go.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#8]
maybe we should turn this into a hometown gathering?

I work until 2pm on sundays.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Thats awesome, right in my old "backyard". If you follow the Scantic down river maybe a mile you'll run into my parents house/property. I grew up spending all my spare time in the woods back there.

Im down to meet n greet there, Sunday is hard for me but I may be able to stop by for a beer and some handshakes in passing. Probably going to be packed, though, especially if its their grand opening. Enfield drinks, hard. And thats without a reason - a new bar opening, pshhh, its gonna be pandemonium.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They are right down the street from me.  I find it interesting because they are in the springborn building.  I have a few tails of childhood involving that building.  

The short, they use to fire M16s into the water fall testing their recoil springs.
View Quote

Thats really interesting, I didn't know that.

Ill give you a short story about my childhood there - Me and another guy watched our buddy Brandon fall off the train bridge right there. Miraculously missed every steel beam on his way down, dropped that 60 or so feet and landed flat backed in less than a foot of water.

We used to cross it every day, that day he just slipped. Fucking miracle, and the most incredible dumb luck (He was the true definition of numbskull, too). He just stood up, let out a huge fucking yell, and trudged out of the river and up the bank. His back was lobstered, we laughed a ton and carried on with our trek.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm surprised as to how many of you all live in my neighborhood.  I'm just off the center of Hazardville and have fly-fished all of the Scantic behind that building many times.  One of my buddies was CFO of Springborn.  Anyway I sure hope that young fella makes a go of it.  That's an ambitious enterprise he's undertaken but it's a unique commodity so I hope it's popular!

Rome
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I crossed that bridge many times also. My dad and I fished there all the time . I grew up in east windsor, broad brook and enield.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#15]
What did Springborn do? Make springs Im assuming?

Lotta good Rainbow fishing years back. Still pretty good I'd imagine, but that area of the river is just getting too busy for me.

If you can bear hiking down stream some, somewhere between Powder Hollow and the Enfield Hunters Club (where you'd find my parents land) there must be monsters. Im not kidding when I say the woods and river are nearly impassible. The shrubbery and prickers are so thick its unbearable. Even the river is a mess, trees down across it every hundred or so feet. No one goes down there, some trout back there gotta be getting huge.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#16]
They were a company that tested products.  They tested mattresses, pens, and everything in between.  

Rome
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:04:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I had childhood friends get tracked down by the FBI for stealing unattended M16s springborn was firing into the water fall.

Quoted:
They were a company that tested products.  They tested mattresses, pens, and everything in between.  

Rome
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top