Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2014 5:06:40 PM EDT
Cross posting this heads up from CTGT. Heads up residents of Chester, it appears your town may be taking another run at guns tonight. They tried last month to restrict shooting on your land, looks like they might be trying to sneak it through again.

http://chesterct.org/?page_id=41

Board of Selectmen Notice of Special Meeting

Tuesday, November 18, 2014  

Chester Town Hall 6:00 pm

203 Middlesex Avenue, First Floor Lobby

1.Discussion of Target Shooting and Discharge of Firearms in Residential Areas
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Just reading this meow, good luck Chester don't let those Pinko Libs fuck you over.  I will be going to my buddies on the haddam/chester line to shoot this weekend regardless, might have to bring some M44 action to go super loud!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#2]
what was the outcome?  

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#3]
From a post over on CTGT:
a quote from a chester resident that was able to make it that I copied from another site...

"Slowly people started showing up, maybe 25 in the room, about 8 looked like they were in favor of the ordinance. At the end, the Selectmen couldn't come up with any conclusion so now it's still in limbo.
Next meeting December 2nd at 7 pm Chester Town Hall."
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
a quote from a chester resident that was able to make it that I copied from another site...

"Slowly people started showing up, maybe 25 in the room, about 8 looked like they were in favor of the ordinance. At the end, the Selectmen couldn't come up with any conclusion so now it's still in limbo.
Next meeting December 2nd at 7 pm Chester Town Hall."

So they didn't get the response they wanted so they are trying again later....? Surprising
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#5]
They are hoping no one will show up that is against it so they can secretly pass these ordinances
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top