Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2014 9:00:42 AM EDT
So I was in Newington on Wednesday and guess what I saw pulling into the DOT!

P.S. I stopped at Hoffman's as well. Parking was adequate, prices were not.

" />

" />

" />

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#1]

That's infuriating.

I can't tell you how badly a hate the fact that our government encourages the use of these things by our local police departments.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey if it makes the man feel better about himself driving the big truck then who cares.
If my town had twenty of those then I would be concerned.
Wait until the few out there break down and need parts or are involved in a traffic accident or town budgets officials shit a brick when they see the maintenance bills for those turds.
If you told me one was coming to my house full of swat to arrest me I would be concerned.
If you told me 20 of those were roaming the state to confiscate everyone's firearms I would laugh my ass off.
Do you know how much heavy construction equipment is lying around this state?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]
That's just djc going to lunch at Morton's with his cop buddies
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I would NEVER abuse your tax dollars by doing that.

(Besides, it was Ruth's Chris and the rib eye was sublime.)
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Timdog - I agree, but still pisses me off. Any kind of militarization is bad. It's the same fight as our gun rights, they will keep taking little pieces of our cake until we have an empty plate.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least you acknowledge that they are "our" tax dollars.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been a cop for 30 years, and there is NO reason for that nonsense...none.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw a bearcat ripping down the HOV lane 91-n followed by a state trooper with its lights on.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I like that, finally one of the PDs not wasting money to paint the fuckin thing black.  Just slap letters on it and call it a day.  

What's the story with these things, they were built for Iraq but never made it there or afghan?  Was there a better designe that the military went for and decided to not even bother shipping these?

Wait...... OP.....  Were you texting or operating a phone in a non hands free way while driving?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Probably never a use for it, but certainly a good way to spend money in a budget.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like that, finally one of the PDs not wasting money to paint the fuckin thing black.  Just slap letters on it and call it a day.  

What's the story with these things, they were built for Iraq but never made it there or afghan?  Was there a better designe that the military went for and decided to not even bother shipping these?

Wait...... OP.....  Were you texting or operating a phone in a non hands free way while driving?
View Quote

If they keep adding little Podunk towns to the side of it, it might as well be black.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Sure, because black paint is a big waste of money.

I believe the made it to both countries, albeit late in the game. Now they have a ton of surplus ones that came back and no need for them. They are giving them to local municipalities free of charge.

No of course not. That was Jake Gyllenhaal, he rides around with me waiting for crime to happen so we can film it.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well they're mine too but I figured what the hell I'll throw you a bone. I'm nothing if not generous that way.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#14]
What's the 60-0 stopping distance of this ridiculous toy?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

About 10 cars. Not 10 car lengths. Ten cars in a row to crash through. I saw something like that on mythbusters. I miss the redhead.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well they're mine too but I figured what the hell I'll throw you a bone. I'm nothing if not generous that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your generosity is appreciated but unnecessary.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Literally can't wait until some asshat rolls one of these things. They are so fucking top heavy it's retarded.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
About 10 cars. Not 10 car lengths. Ten cars in a row to crash through. I saw something like that on mythbusters. I miss the redhead.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lmao!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#19]
It needs the "We brake for no one" bumper sticker

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I believe the made it to both countries, albeit late in the game. Now they have a ton of surplus ones that came back and no need for them. They are giving them to local municipalities free of charge.

[b]No of course not. That was Jake Gyllenhaal, he rides around with me waiting for crime to happen so we can film it. [b]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[b]No of course not. That was Jake Gyllenhaal, he rides around with me waiting for crime to happen so we can film it. [b]

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.   Touché

ETA...  Meant to make that last like bold but this suck ass iPhone isn't working right.  Damn Apple shit
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

ETA...  Meant to make that last like bold but this suck ass iPhone isn't working right.  Damn Apple shit

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No of course not. That was Jake Gyllenhaal, he rides around with me waiting for crime to happen so we can film it.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully better than this model....

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWBBnpwqsR0

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's hilarious! After the first run I was thinking "wow he's going to get some flat spots on those expensive tires". When I saw the second run I dropped to the floor

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfect.

It's free but the first mishap with this thing will cost taxpayers lots more than the Ford van that its replacing.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Well , that axel slows ya down some!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol thats not gonna buff out
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Front rubber tires. Only two. Seem pretty open to me. Might be hard to turn at 50,000+ pound vehicle on rims.

Lots of potholes these days.

I did clock one at 70 mph on 91 a few months ago up near the airport. Seemed a bit retarded to be going that fast.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Front rubber tires. Only two. Seem pretty open to me. Might be hard to turn at 50,000+ pound vehicle on rims.

I did clock one at 70 mph on 91 a few months ago up near the airport. Seemed a bit retarded to be going that fast.

View Quote

Maybe if you and your friends stuck a few coins in the tire treads you could make it explode and send metal flying everywhere like you did with the escalators.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I bet snowstorms and the realities of maintenance will take care of the MRAP's quicker than anything else. Of course it must be nice when you can write checks for useless big toys with other people's money.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Followed that one in the picture until I turned off at Hartford, he proceeded on 91 and hit 78mph while I was following him.

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Maybe if you and your friends stuck a few coins in the tire treads you could make it explode and send metal flying everywhere like you did with the escalators.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey man.  Go easy on him. He saw a dead body in willimantic once.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:03:35 AM EDT
[#33]
I haven't been in one of those but the ones I have been in all seemed to be pretty quick.  Only the old hummers with the add on armor kits were really sketchy at high speeds.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:04:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Followed that one in the picture until I turned off at Hartford, he proceeded on 91 and hit 78mph while I was following him.

View Quote

That does seems a bit exessive in an mrap! Even without the armor weight.  Especially when I've been sternly warned that 83 isn't safe in a MB E550.

He was probably too busy playing angry birds to notice the speed

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:21:22 AM EDT
[#35]
You guys have no right to speculate why they were driving so fast on the kings highway. For all you know Keanu Reeves was driving.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:04:42 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

You guys have no right to speculate why they were driving so fast on the kings highway. For all you know Keanu Reeves was driving.
View Quote

Not likely, if it was Keanu he be surfing the top of the thing and driving with his mind, I was right behind and didn't see him.

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:59:23 AM EDT
[#37]
I91 N is a 50 mph zone through Hartford, 78/50 is a 259.00 rip for you and me!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is it? Are both you guys suckling on the state teat?
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Matt?  Oh God no.  He makes money honestly.  Me?  OH HELLS YES.  I suckle like a dozen newborn pups.  Please keep paying your taxes, assuming you are employed.  We useless state workers thank you.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Matt?  Oh God no.  He makes money honestly.  Me?  OH HELLS YES.  I suckle like a dozen newborn pups.  Please keep paying your taxes, assuming you are employed.  We useless state workers thank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We city/ town workers also appreciate it
Thank you
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#41]

We city/ town workers also appreciate it
Thank you

Now get out of my way,cause i am on my way to a steak house with my union thug brothers! We are in mraps
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top