BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 9:50:03 AM EDT
Got my AW regs today.  
#60,8xx
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Good day to send in some form 1's then.  If you can't have more then sbr all the things!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good day to send in some form 1's then.  If you can't have more then sbr all the things!
View Quote

Yup. That's what I'm gonna do. Whenever my stuff shows up.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]
So 60k means that only 60k guns have been registered so far?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So 60k means that only 60k guns have been registered so far?
View Quote

Including the '93 ban.

When malloy said that over 55,000 people registered... He was including those who were already registered from years ago.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly my thought.  I just sent in a form for the 3rd of 4 receivers.  Can't get any more so might as well make em count
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Exactly my thought.  I just sent in a form for the 3rd of 4 receivers.  Can't get any more so might as well make em count
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm still waiting on my damn reg back.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Me three. Who cares. They come when they come. Fuck this state!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Have been running to the mailbox every day after work for months, with a letdown every time.
Had hand delivered them to DPS in Middletown 12/29. They were in the 59,600ish range.
Now I don't really care what's in the mailbox anymore, I got my credentials.

Perhaps I had misunderstood the newer rules, are you all saying that we can SBR?
Because I'll fill out form ones tomorrow.
Thought there was some stipulation about 30" overall length, which was why I had registered my fs2000.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Perhaps I had misunderstood the newer rules, are you all saying that we can SBR?
Thought there was some stipulation about 30" overall length, which was why I had registered my fs2000.
View Quote

Yes you can SBR a rifle. The problem with SBR'ing a rifle was ATF wanted one to include the "Certificate of Possession" for the so called "assault weapon" due to the fact that either the rifle being SBR'd was already an assault weapons per CT law or was made into one under state law because the barrel was less than 30 inches when one creates the SBR.

For those who are looking to SBR a preban, those rifles which the state considers so called assault weapons but which manufactured prior to 9/13/94 and which do not have to be registered, one can obtain the "Certificate of Possession" from DESPP prior to sending the SBR application paperwork to the ATF.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Think you for clarifying that about the SBR, really made my day.
On an unfortunate side note, my local country music station is airing minute long commercials featuring our First Lady verbally supporting her sideman Dan, how she loves his gun control and wants to blow him. What happened to the good ol days when the First Lady mostly kept her mouth shut?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:41:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
On an unfortunate side note, my local country music station is airing minute long commercials featuring our First Lady verbally supporting her sideman Dan, how she loves his gun control and wants to blow him. What happened to the good ol days when the First Lady mostly kept her mouth shut?
View Quote

She is far from a lady.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:28:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's probably because she doesn't stutter uncontrollably like he does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's probably because she doesn't stutter uncontrollably like he does.

In my head, she sounds like Mrs. Butterworth
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Can you tell me more about this Certificate of Possession? I've got a pre-ban but I'm assuming with how purchase gets sent to your town and the state they already know I have it despite it not needing to be registered as an AW. If i see a smoking deal on a pistol upper around black friday ect I may want to form 1 it.        
Quoted:

Yes you can SBR a rifle. The problem with SBR'ing a rifle was ATF wanted one to include the "Certificate of Possession" for the so called "assault weapon" due to the fact that either the rifle being SBR'd was already an assault weapons per CT law or was made into one under state law because the barrel was less than 30 inches when one creates the SBR.

For those who are looking to SBR a preban, those rifles which the state considers so called assault weapons but which manufactured prior to 9/13/94 and which do not have to be registered, one can obtain the "Certificate of Possession" from DESPP prior to sending the SBR application paperwork to the ATF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Can you tell me more about this Certificate of Possession? I've got a pre-ban but I'm assuming with how purchase gets sent to your town and the state they already know I have it despite it not needing to be registered as an AW. If i see a smoking deal on a pistol upper around black friday ect I may want to form 1 it.
View Quote

While the DPS-3-C form that is filled out when one buys or has a firearm transferred to them is "registration", it is not the "assault weapons" registration. "Prebans" ARE considered assault weapons per the state of CT its just they are exempt from the assault weapon registration requirements and can be sold/transferred.

The "certificate of possession" is the assault weapon registration. Its the bottom half of the form you get back from the state after submitting the Assault Weapon Certificate Application - DPS-414 form to DESPP.

For example if one wants to SBR a "preban" (those firearms manufactured prior to 9/13/94) then they have to fill out and submit to DESPP the Assault Weapon Certificate Application - DPS-414 form. DESPP mails back (or gives back if you do it in person) the bottom half of that form with a certificate # stamped on it. One then includes a copy of that "certificate of possession" with their ATF SBR paperwork. If one fails to include the "certificate of possession", ATF will not process the SBR application and will contact the person to have them submit the document. The ATF is making sure that one has legal possession of the so called assault weapon due to the new state laws passed on 4/4/13. The "certificate of possession" proves you have legal possession of that so called assault weapon.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#17]
For those who are still waiting for their AW certificate, you really need to call them.  I filed my own paperwork back in November and was still waiting on one AW cert so I contacted them.  They claimed they already mailed it out, but since I never received it I asked for a copy.  They then put me on hold for FIFTEEN FRIGGING MINUTES, and when they came back they asked whether they could email me the copy of the AW cert in PDF format.  I told them no, I wanted something their office issued so it didn't look like something I manufactured myself.  So, they promised to mail it out.

I got the copy the next day.  IT WAS THE ORIGINAL.  The one they claimed they sent me months ago. I know because it's the one with my notary's stamp on it.   Apparently the office drones at the DESPP simply put the whole paperwork, AW cert and all, into the filing cabinet and forgot about it, meaning they screwed up on their end, then lied about screwing up and then tried to cover up the screw up and the lie.

In truth, I don't blame them.  Malloy is the cancer in the state who is instigating this foolishness to begin with.  He needs to be fired in November.  Period.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow, that is ridiculous. If I'm in the area, I'll be stopping by in person this week.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, they showed up today. What a crappy kind of feeling inside.
#59,6xx-59,6xx  6 total. Plus my 2 denied pistol barrels, still figuring out what to do with those.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:52:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Got mine this week.......  Including the barrel for my brothers H&K USP 45T
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top