Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2014 1:48:37 PM EDT
Missouri bullet now sells a new coated cast bullet.  The coating is baked on.  Supposed to make the bullet slippery, reduce leading and smoke from shooting cast.  I ordered some Monday morning and they were at my door Wednesday.  They don't waste any time.  Going to try some out this weekend.  I shoot a lot of cast from them.  Can't beat their prices.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
More slippery? Sen. BlueMenthol, please pick up the white courtesy phone, your teflon boolitts have become a reality!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Powder coating cast boolits has been become quite popular.

some ppl are seeing velocities greater than 2000fps w/o gas checks and no leading.

you can size the boolit after coating and the coating doesnt flinch.

most users say their bbl stays cleaner than using jacketed bullet.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think this is a powder coating.  They claim they are going to sell the stuff so people can coat their own bullets but they say it's baked on.  They don't use anything in the lube ring either, it's just the coating over the cast bullet.  For a couple bucks more than plain cast if I don't have to scrub any lead out of the barrel when I'm done it's worth it to me.  We'll see.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not saying what they use is powder coating but, powder coating IS baked on.

Also, with the home PC boolits, you don't use any lube in the grooves.

I think you will be pleased
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not saying what they use is powder coating but, powder coating IS baked on.

Also, with the home PC boolits, you don't use any lube in the grooves.

I think you will be pleased
View Quote

Have you powder coated your own?  Just curious.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I am almost ready. Keep procrastinating on the toaster oven. Gotta check good will.

Dabbling in anodizing right now. No not boolits
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top