Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2014 6:25:34 PM EDT
Hey All,

Newbie to the state. I tried searching for an answer to my question, but didn't find a straight answer.

I'm in the midst of waiting for my conceal permit to go through, but I found a killer deal on G23 slide and barrel refinished in nickel boron. Federally, the upper assembly (barrel included) I would be purchasing would be fine since the frame is considered to be the regulated firearm. Would this still be kosher in CT? I was planning on purchasing the slide and barrel and then buy the frame when I get my permit approved. Does this overstep any boundaries?

I definitely don't feel like doing anything illegal.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#1]
As you stated only the serialized receiver is considered a firearms, the rest is just plastic and or metal. That said some companies won't ship certain "assault weapon" components to CT. You should be fine with the slide and barrel. If the seller will ship, you're GTG. You will have trouble finding just a frame, so expect to purchase a whole gun and sell of any extra parts at a discount.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As you stated only the serialized receiver is considered a firearms, the rest is just plastic and or metal. That said some companies won't ship certain "assault weapon" components to CT. You should be fine with the slide and barrel. If the seller will ship, you're GTG. You will have trouble finding just a frame, so expect to purchase a whole gun and sell of any extra parts at a discount.

View Quote

There are a couple of places online that frequently have various Glock frames. There are a bunch on gunbroker right now.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There are a couple of places online that frequently have various Glock frames. There are a bunch on gunbroker right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly what I was planning. There a bunch of factory new G23 frames for about $170.

I was just really nervous that I would miss some other type of regulation specifically for CT.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You will be fine as long as you don't build it into a so-called "assault weapon" by adding a threaded barrel or forward grip, etc...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly what I was planning. There a bunch of factory new G23 frames for about $170.

I was just really nervous that I would miss some other type of regulation specifically for CT.

You will be fine as long as you don't build it into a so-called "assault weapon" by adding a threaded barrel or forward grip, etc...

Okay, awesome. I really appreciate the help guys.

I'm glad that I can find some fellas with their heads on straight in this crazy state.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Just like the rest said, you should be fine with what you've asked.

Remember, there is no such thing as a concealed carry permit. Its a carry permit. Open carry is legal in CT.

Be safe
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just like the rest said, you should be fine with what you've asked.

Remember, there is no such thing as a concealed carry permit. Its a carry permit. Open carry is legal in CT.

Be safe
View Quote

Thanks for the correction. I forgot that you can open carry. I think I just conditioned myself when I first read it to not even think twice about doing it here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top