Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2014 4:00:46 PM EDT
Anti-gun groups in Stamford tomorrow / Same time & place Foley and Gov. Christie are at BobbyVs
http://newtownbee.com/news/news/2014/09/22/anti-gun-violence-groups-rally-stamford/231041]http://newtownbee.com/news/news/2014/09/22/anti-gun-violence-groups-rally-stamford/231041

Greenwich event with Foley and Christie
http://www.courant.com/politics/capitol-watch/hc-gov-chris-christie-to-campaign-for-foley-next-week-20140916-story.html
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Nvm
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Was just talking about with with another Newtown dad.

For us to go down there, to act as a protest against THEIR protesting, would make Tom Foley's campaign about guns. And his campaign is about anything BUT guns.

These people make me sick.

Tom Foley is trying to make his campaign about the economy.

THEY'RE trying to make it about guns.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Notice these activists aren't picketing Joe Visconti.

Even they know he's not a threat
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was just talking about with with another Newtown dad.

For us to go down there, to act as a protest against THEIR protesting, would make Tom Foley's campaign about guns. And his campaign is about anything BUT guns.

These people make me sick.

Tom Foley is trying to make his campaign about the economy.

View Quote

Exactly. As much as it pains you, IGNORE them. They are desperate to make a difference in this election, but their relevance is fading fast.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#5]
IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE Will Robinson.  It's a trap!

"It's the economy, stupid."

Seriously, try to ignore them.  Counter-protesting raises their profile more.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll drive by and show them the "finger of peace" tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Use your middle finger clearly or they will call 911 and say you were pointing at them as though you had a gun.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're making it about guns because it diverts from the real issues that are currently harming CT; taxes, jobs, economy. By making it about guns they get to keep their group in the lime light, it gives the free press while at the same time helping Malloy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
There's a strong push on the CCDL Facebook page and a few other groups I belong to, who're making a push to go down there and assimilate with the crowd, while open and concealed carrying, while waving their own signs against gun violence.

I dunno'... I'm more under the mindset to ignore them completely and let Joe Visconti remain the gun advocate.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#10]
MMWWWAAAAHAHAHAAH!!!!

Maybe a few of us should act as Visconti shills and "dress the part" and make it look like VIsconti's the "gun nut", while a majority of TOm Foley supporters push the whole economic/cut taxes/create jobs routine.

Kill two birds with one stone. Support Foley positively and then shit on Visconti completely.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
MMWWWAAAAHAHAHAAH!!!!

Maybe a few of us should act as Visconti shills and "dress the part" and make it look like VIsconti's the "gun nut", while a majority of TOm Foley supporters push the whole economic/cut taxes/create jobs routine.

Kill two birds with one stone. Support Foley positively and then shit on Visconti completely.

View Quote

Oh man... do it.

Common core shirt.

Pizza in hand.

Knee high white socks and velcro sneakers.

VOTE 4 VISCONTI! HE'S OUR MAN! IF HE CANT REPEAL IT NOBODY CAN!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top