Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2014 11:54:57 PM EDT
After posting that last thread about ammo price at Selwayarmory I was thinking about shipping charges and then Cabelas popped into my head.

I stop by there once in awhile usually just to get some of those nice hot apple cider donuts sold outside the door.  From there I venture in to check out all the lovely guns upstairs but have never really checked out what they have for ammo and what they want for it.

Who can tell me what they usually have for M193 and what they get for it?

And no, I am not in the market for a Bass boat.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I went yesterday and had alittle bit of everything 55.6 LC brass for 7.49/box. They even had alittle .22
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Bought PMC X-TAC 55grain 193 @6.99 on sale yesterday,actually groups a little better than LC 193 for me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#4]
You guys should really get a Cabelas Club Member Visa card. Besides getting $.02 back on every dollar you spend there (and 1 cent on the dollar out of the store), they send coupons and fliers to you like a motherfucker.

I just went yesterday, they have PMC Bronze 223 on sale for $6.99 per 20 rounds until the 28th, and Blazer Brass 9mm for $11.99 per 50 rounds.

I know, I know, not the greatest. BUT they ALSO sent me a coupon for $20 off $100, or $30 off $200 etc all the way up to $75 off $500 for Club Members.

300 Rounds of PMC Bronze 55gr .223
100 Rounds of Blazer Brass 115gr 9mm

After tax, $118.

And then you can subtract $2.36 from that, because thats what gets tacked on to my Cabelas points for the purchase. Bringing my Cabelas points up to $79. (Im going to keep saving them and get a fucking giant safe)

Thats basically pre-panic bulk pricing. My SO was so proud of me when I told her I used coupons and saved money, and then not so proud when I told her I spent $100 to add to ammo mountain.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You guys should really get a Cabelas Club Member Visa card. Besides getting $.02 back on every dollar you spend there (and 1 cent on the dollar out of the store), they send coupons and fliers to you like a motherfucker.

I just went yesterday, they have PMC Bronze 223 on sale for $6.99 per 20 rounds until the 28th, and Blazer Brass 9mm for $11.99 per 50 rounds.

I know, I know, not the greatest. BUT they ALSO sent me a coupon for $20 off $100, or $30 off $200 etc all the way up to $75 off $500 for Club Members.

After tax, $118.

And then you can subtract $2.36 from that, because thats what gets tacked on to my Cabelas points for the purchase. Bringing my Cabelas points up to $79. (Im going to keep saving them and get a fucking giant safe)

Thats basically pre-panic bulk pricing. My SO was so proud of me when I told her I used coupons and saved money, and then not so proud when I told her I spent $100 to add to ammo mountain.
View Quote

Haha nice man!  
But yea I get bombarded on a daily basis with cabelas coupons and flyers.  You pretty much never have to pay full price if you have their card.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I wear cave cloths
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

After tax, $118.

View Quote

What does the Club card cost?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After tax, $118.

Nothing. You just have to apply like any other credit card. Easy enough to do in store.

Actually, if you are going to do it let me know and Ill meet you there. I get $50 club points if I refer someone, and you get $20 club points for signing up anyways.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Haha nice man!  
But yea I get bombarded on a daily basis with cabelas coupons and flyers.  You pretty much never have to pay full price if you have their card.
View Quote

It pays to be a smart consumer. To quote my SO, "Full price is for chumps."

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After tax, $118.

They have two different club cards- both are free.

One is simply a loyalty/ rewards card and can be used to accumulate points that are redeemable towards a discount on future purchases. I don't have one of those, so I don't know the ratio.

The other, which I have is a Cabela's Club Visa credit card. As ewetstone said, apply in store. No annual fee and the interest rate is surprisingly low (at least mine is). 1% back in Cabela's bucks for non-Cabela's purchases. 2% on Cabela's purchases. Customer service is very good and is Lincoln, NE based.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha nice man!  

I know that I get some offers based on having the credit card, but I get far more from having purchased guns from them. They certainly use the firearms sale database for mailings. They made an error entering some of my information on my last lay-a-way (my first purchase there since moving to my current address), and more of mailings include that error than the correct version that appears on my credit card statement. I get a lot of Cabela's mailings- like 3 this week.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I know that I get some offers based on having the credit card, but I get far more from having purchased guns from them. They certainly use the firearms sale database for mailings. They made an error entering some of my information on my last lay-a-way (my first purchase there since moving to my current address), and more of mailings include that error than the correct version that appears on my credit card statement. I get a lot of Cabela's mailings- like 3 this week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha nice man!  

Interesting, I didn't know that.

I got bombarded this week, too. Two fliers, the member coupon, and some bargain cave coupon that is basically useless.

I TRY to restrain my visits there until I get a coupon - but its only 10 minutes down the road and I often pass it on my way home from work. Makes it tough.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha nice man!  

Oh ok, yea Ive purchased a couple pistols from them.....so that must be part of the reason I get unbelievable amounts of fliers haha.  I dont mind them...I like looking
The card sometimes gives you 0% APR for a year on firearms....Ive taken them up on that offer a couple times

But I actually applied for the card right on their website.  Its almost too easy!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

After tax, $118.

View Quote

I got upgraded last year to a sliver member
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After tax, $118.

Nice! What changes?

I'll be graduating to the new level in a couple months.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:23:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nice! What changes?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After tax, $118.

Nice! What changes?

IIRC, they send you better deals in the mail and you get 3% or 4% back on purchases at Cabela's
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been thinking about getting the cabelas card.  Looking over my recent bank statements, I've spent quite abit there.

I also wish the damn state wasn't being a dick over my redacted SSN on my discharge papers.  Cabelas has extended the military discount veterans.  I could be saving 5% on each purchase.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

One is simply a loyalty/ rewards card and can be used to accumulate points that are redeemable towards a discount on future purchases. I don't have one of those, so I don't know the ratio.

The other, which I have is a Cabela's Club Visa credit card. As ewetstone said, apply in store. No annual fee and the interest rate is surprisingly low (at least mine is). 1% back in Cabela's bucks for non-Cabela's purchases. 2% on Cabela's purchases. Customer service is very good and is Lincoln, NE based.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After tax, $118.

Yup.   1% for me and a $18000 limit wtf lol.  I'm not buying a boat lol

I don't spend much there.  Or at least I don't think I do.  A couple of cheap handguns and some .22lr In the last 18 mos
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been using the Cabelas card for some time.  Charge just about everything on it and then pick up some really nice stuff in November when they do the friends and family event.  Works out well.  I've walked out with a  few handguns and rifle scopes, just with points.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I use mine for business and am at the black card level
I almost always pay the card off every month, but if I didn't the rate is horrible ! You only need to spend $25,000 a year on it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I use mine for business and am at the black card level
I almost always pay the card off every month, but if I didn't the rate is horrible ! You only need to spend $25,000 a year on it.
View Quote

I dream of the day, and wake up in a pool of drool.

I pay off monthly as well, best I can.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:13:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Their parking sucks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Their parking sucks.
View Quote

Yup.

Angles and shit.

Dumbasses always driving down the wrong way.

I like the left side by the runway best.

I lost my android phone in that parking lot once.  So I replaced it with an iPhone.  Best mistake ever!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top