Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2014 12:43:42 AM EDT
Now here is the punch line.  It was shipped via USPS priority mail!  What kind of seller would risk their FFL not to mention possible presecution by doing something this stupid?

I am assuming any commercial outfit must have an FFL to sell ammo to the public....or am I mistaken?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:24:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:14:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am assuming any commercial outfit must have an FFL to sell ammo to the public....or am I mistaken?
View Quote

Nope. As far as I know and have been told by counter drones the Walmarts I've bought ammo from in CT (Milford, West Haven, Derby) didn't have FFL's.

Prior to 4/4/13 I don't think there wasn't any restrictions (needing an FFL, permits, etc.) on ammo sales in CT. There were federal law(s) that banned sales to certain people (felons primarily).
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, regardless for anyone where their business is selling ammo it still was not a smart idea to ship thru the mail.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, there is a postal service rule or federal law against it but perhaps the person shipping it didn't know.  Here in this commie state we have to be more alert to all sorts of stupid laws, so we tend to be more paranoid than those living in "free" states.

I don't know when the law went into effect (I used to only buy ammo locally or reload it myself).  Until 2012 I had been out of guns for about 12 years, so was surprised to learn ammo can't be shipped via U.S. mail.  More bullshit laws that do nothing good.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, regardless for anyone where their business is selling ammo it still was not a smart idea to ship thru the mail.
View Quote

Who was the seller?

Did they specifically ship it USPS or was it shipped via UPS or FedEx but delivered by USPS?

I've had some recent  small packages shipped initially by UPS that ended up being delivered by USPS, its called UPS Mail Innovations. Could be the seller did something similar to cut costs not realizing ammo is supposed to be shipped a certain way.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Who cares? As long as you received it and the price was right. The choice of shipper is on the seller. Enjoy your ammo.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Who was the seller?

Did they specifically ship it USPS or was it shipped via UPS or FedEx but delivered by USPS?

I've had some recent  small packages shipped initially by UPS that ended up being delivered by USPS, its called UPS Mail Innovations. Could be the seller did something similar to cut costs not realizing ammo is supposed to be shipped a certain way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who was the seller?

I was waiting for 2 weeks and then started hounding the seller asking where the hell my order was.

I finally get someone on the phone who tells me that they have a place that drop ships it for them and they wont ship to CT.  He then says he will have them ship it to him.  At this point I tell him I don't give a shit just get a tracking number to me by days end or I am filing a dispute with my CC.  the next day I get an email with a USPS tracking number.

Seller was...get this...FunkAmmo.Com.  I told them I would post their name here after getting no replies to my emails or calls for a week.  So....

I can see no email relies for a few days but not answering your phone bugs the crap out of me.  Especially since it was not a 800 number and I was getting charged every time I tried to reach therm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top