User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now I really want conndcj to come.  
View Quote

He won't be going anywhere.  His mother and I have grounded him until December.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Maybe a surprise.  Can MRAPs get back there?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go clean your room.  Now!  I'm going to count to three.  One....  two.... two and a half......

Damn kids.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Late to the party too. It sounds like a good time and I would like to meet you all. I live in Lebanon so it sounds pretty close. When a date gets thrown out I will see I it fits in the schedule. Kids soccer here as well and assorted fall work makes it tough to break free.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a parking area that will fit maybe 6 vehicles, a logging road that you can drive right up to and through the range to drop off large objects. So you can drive 1 vehicle right up and through the shooting area, the rest have to park in the opening and walk roughly 100 or so yards up around a corner to the clearing where I shoot. The logging road goes way farther and turns and keeps going out into the woods. At this corner is where I'd like to make a straight area to shoot 200+ yards for scoped rifles. also the clearing got pretty junglish over the summer and needs a little TLC weedwhacker and Machete action to get the walking areas to where if your wearing shorts, your not getting briars in your legs.

ETA: I'm trying my best to describe the area, when I get a chance to go there next I can/will post pictures of what I'm describing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Regular 2 wheel drive cars can pull right in and park in the parking area with no problems at all unless it is pouring or has recently poured and is all muddy, I wouldn't recommend a car driving to the shooting spot or down the road though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Plainfield here. No firearms as of yet, but working on building my first AR and aquiring a WASR in the near future. Soon as I do I'll be giving you a ring. May be available to help clear/setup range as well depending on the day. Just let me know.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Plainfield here. No firearms as of yet, but working on building my first AR and aquiring a WASR in the near future. Soon as I do I'll be giving you a ring. May be available to help clear/setup range as well depending on the day. Just let me know.
View Quote

I'm gonna try to head up there next Sunday and get started, take pics, and really evaluate what needs to be done.

ETA: I can let you shoot one of my AR's until you get one if you help out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shouldn't be a problem, just bring ammo and anyone here will let you run it through their guns.  Just get brass stuff incase the guns are picky.  
Well unless it's an AK then steel is about all you can get but get commercial that's non corrosive.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have plenty, bring ammo and you can use as many as you want. If you want to shoot anything specific IM me
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in Stafford Springs . I'll keep my eye on this thread to see if I can help in any way. Kinda booked up the next few weeks. But would love to meet you guys. Maybe I can offer up carpool.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:02:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm in Stafford Springs . I'll keep my eye on this thread to see if I can help in any way. Kinda booked up the next few weeks. But would love to meet you guys. Maybe I can offer up carpool.
View Quote

Stafford here too. The next few weekends are booked but after I can help.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:54:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Somers here we three should fill a car to car pool.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Between Manchester, Stafford, Somers, Vernon, Enfield etc, I didn't realize how well our little niche of the state was represented.

This brings me much joy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Between Manchester, Stafford, Somers, Vernon, Enfield etc, I didn't realize how well our little niche of the state was represented.

This brings me much joy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This brings me much joy.

East of the River CHUD reaction force!

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I would think anyone at that gathering would be smart enough not to do anything illegal especially when posting about it in advance on the internet.  If everything is legal I wonder why conndcj would not want to attend.  As he/she wrote, "I am curious beyond belief."  If conndcj is truly a state attorney as self-described here why the reluctance?  My curiosity is piqued.

It would be funny if conndcj is actually some kid typing from his/her bedroom.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
While I sincerely appreciate the sentiment , I can't ever see that happening.  While I admit that I am curious beyond belief, I don't think it's a good idea.  But again, it sounds quite awesome and I am a bit jealous.  Enjoy.

Why is that not a good idea?

Probably because he wants to punch a few on here, especially Nutter. Also because he appears to work for the state it could be an issue if the police come and there are arrests made.

I would think anyone at that gathering would be smart enough not to do anything illegal especially when posting about it in advance on the internet.  If everything is legal I wonder why conndcj would not want to attend.  As he/she wrote, "I am curious beyond belief."  If conndcj is truly a state attorney as self-described here why the reluctance?  My curiosity is piqued.

It would be funny if conndcj is actually some kid typing from his/her bedroom.

I assure you, this is not the case.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

This brings me much joy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This brings me much joy.
Wolcott militia wins

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#17]
There is a lot of crossover in both militias, honorary members of both militias- sort of like swapping- I have been to both militias events, partial to wolcott cause its closer but....... Modropos is a meat master so...
It's a tough call, better to be a member if both
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wolcott militia wins  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This brings me much joy.
Wolcott militia wins  

Bullshit. We can drink you guys under the table any day!
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Just different divisions of the same militia if you ask me.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I am in Lebanon, about 20 min away. I am definitely able to assist.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#21]
We on the Mass border are going to need more then one MRAP should we be invited to the party.

Quoted:

This brings me much joy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This brings me much joy.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We on the Mass border are going to need more then one MRAP should we be invited to the party.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This brings me much joy.

Always room in my truck for you James. And that goes for anyone who took the time out of their lives to attend the rallies and stand for our rights.'

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Sent a text to OP i am really interested in joining in on this. I am a good distance away, but i wam willing to make the ride. Pm or text me as we can set up a time for everyone to get together and make this happen.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Depending on how this shakes out I'll try to attend, I'm hardly close but I do like shooting things so sounds like it would be worth the trip.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I dont mind the drive or the work, i really just want to get together and meet some new poeple. Most people at my range are asshats.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only if after the personal get out, we can shoot at it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Late to the party too. It sounds like a good time and I would like to meet you all. I live in Lebanon so it sounds pretty close. When a date gets thrown out I will see I it fits in the schedule. Kids soccer here as well and assorted fall work makes it tough to break free.
View Quote

Cow Town, USA?

I graduated from Lyman Memorial High School, back when it was where the middle school is now.  I also worked on the farm across the street, back when it was a working farm.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:39:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Also working on first AR build. Fairfield County tho but I'd be happy to set up some sort of carpool with anyone on this end.        
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Am definitely interested in this and meeting some people here, as well as helping out to get set up, etc. PM me and I'll send you my contact info.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This brings me much joy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This brings me much joy.

Haha howdy neighbors! I'd be up for it  lots of joy here
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#31]
I live in windham, i would like to get in on this little shin dig.... any way i can help let me know.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Cow Town, USA?

I graduated from Lyman Memorial High School, back when it was where the middle school is now.  I also worked on the farm across the street, back when it was a working farm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cow Town, USA?

Indeed sir. Looks like mag_dump lives here too. Are you still in town? We have a decent member base.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Also working on first AR build. Fairfield County tho but I'd be happy to set up some sort of carpool with anyone on this end.    

View Quote
We can make that work as I am in FC as well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wolcott militia wins  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This brings me much joy.
Wolcott militia wins  

It's pretty shocking that Eastern CT doesn't have more people representing it.  Everyone who's contacted me but 1 lives an hour away or more,
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Lebanon is about 20 mins away.....I grew up in Colchester. Remember Lebanon Sports Center? What a shame that place closed.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm in Southington - even at an hour and 9 minutes away from me I will show up if there's a date posted.  I read that there's some bird throwers happening so I'll bring the skeet gun with me as well as some of the good toys .. SBR + CAN - anyone is welcome to shoot my stuff if they provide ammo.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#37]
How many of you fine gentlemen are actually going to show up? I would love to hae a group meet up and get some stuff done then have some fun shooting! :)
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#38]
If the op doesnt mind I'll share what we have discussed about time and place.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3rd.  I'm in Fairfield & can comfortably transport 4 + gear.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Please do NOT post the address on a public forum.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As tedious as it would be I think you're going to have to message people directly and or drop us a line via phone/text.  203- eight - 4 - eight - seven ---  2 - 6 -- 2
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm sorry If I missed it while scrolling through the pages, was there a specific date mentioned for this event? West Hartford here and would like to assist with anything and meet some like minded folks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm sorry If I missed it while scrolling through the pages, was there a specific date mentioned for this event? West Hartford here and would like to assist with anything and meet some like minded folks.
View Quote

As someone who scrolled through it all - no, no specifics mentioned yet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#44]
I have been keeping in contac with the OP. If you are serious about helping out and getting involved, you can PM me for my phone number if you want and we can all agree on a date to get things done. It seems like the most convenient time to do this is this or next weekend on a sunday. But please pm me or the OP for confirmation on a specific time and location.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Lebanon is about 20 mins away.....I grew up in Colchester. Remember Lebanon Sports Center? What a shame that place closed.
View Quote

Wife is from Colchester and we live down the road from the old Lebanon sports center building. Looks like someone finally bought it. People have been working on it. It even has a full roof now! I am intersted to see what it turns into. Not from here originally but loved the town and decided to set up root with the family.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Wife is from Colchester and we live down the road from the old Lebanon sports center building. Looks like someone finally bought it. People have been working on it. It even has a full roof now! I am intersted to see what it turns into. Not from here originally but loved the town and decided to set up root with the family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't taken a ride by the building in a while, I really loved that shop.

Back on topic... I have been in contact with a few of you and a little update. I'm getting a small group together to help work on the range and help me figure out how many people to invite for the bigger shoot. There will be a date posted after we accomplish that, my cell number is in the original post.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Indeed sir. Looks like mag_dump lives here too. Are you still in town? We have a decent member base.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cow Town, USA?

No, I moved years ago, and I live in Ledyard now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

As tedious as it would be I think you're going to have to message people directly and or drop us a line via phone/text.  203- eight - 4 - eight - seven ---  2 - 6 -- 2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a Montucky number...shouldn't it be 860, Mr ATFman???
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I used to fish in  the stream across the street from the Lebanon Sports Center.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:08:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

my uncle lived in lebanon before he moved to north carolina a few years ago, smart man

he ran a drug store in willimantic, cant think of which one though
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top