Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Either way, the two of them have lost a lot of respect from SO many people.

I hope he eventually drops out. His numbers are getting LOWER, of all things. Even if they were climbing at the same rate they're falling, he'd still lose in the single digit percentile.

Unless Tom Foley drops out, he doesn't stand a chance in hell, at this point.

Speaking of dropping out... Remember Ross Perot?

Someone should send Joe a letter saying that aliens are going to kidnap his daughter (or whatever crazy story he gave).
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was talking to someone who is good friends with Joe Visconti.  This person claims that Joe is waiting to see if he can get his numbers up, but if he can't, he will bow out and throw his support behind Foley.

Dunno how true that is, but if it is, that idiot Palin Smith has no idea what he is even rooting for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But Joe said on Jim Vicevich show that he has the votes of the people  who would just stay home rather than vote. Lol!

I was talking to someone who is good friends with Joe Visconti.  This person claims that Joe is waiting to see if he can get his numbers up, but if he can't, he will bow out and throw his support behind Foley.

Dunno how true that is, but if it is, that idiot Palin Smith has no idea what he is even rooting for.

I sure hope so. To be honest, I don't think Joe would even still be running at this point if Palin weren't whispering in his ear and giving him reach arounds.

Joe doesn't seem too tech-savvy, so Palin does his bidding. If Palin is misportraying support for Visconti, then it's a contributing factor of his delusions.

Maybe Joe also realizes the value of keeping his options open later down the road, or what's left of that is.

Palin's already put his foot in his mouth too man times and burned all his bridges as a result.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But Joe said on Jim Vicevich show that he has the votes of the people  who would just stay home rather than vote. Lol!

Don't know how much stock I'd put in it. Others have said that Visconti said he'd drop out if he didn't get the GOP nod. He didn't get it so he remained in and got the signatures instead.

I get the feeling that he is going to ride it all the way through to the end. Its probably an ego thing or a narcissist thing at this point. Both of which are probably being fueled by his loyal supporters like Smith. He has had dismally low polling numbers from day one. He has to have seen them. Why does he now think that his numbers will somehow uptick as we get closer to the election? Does he honestly think he's a spoiler for Malloy as he ha claimed during a recent interview? He keeps saying he wanted to change the discussion. Right now the media is desperate to keep the discussion about guns and not taxes, jobs, economy. He just helps the media reinforce their talk about guns with his (and Smith's) constant talking about them.

What I do wonder is if he does drop out, what do his hard core followers do? Do they not vote as a form of protest? Do they write his name in? Do they vent their anger at Foley by voting for Malloy? All of which potentially help Malloy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top