Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/6/2014 6:54:03 AM EDT
Title says it all! Let's get an Anti Malloy bilboard. There's quite a few of us on here so I'm sure we could pool/raise enough money to get a billboard. What say the CTHTF?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:21:14 AM EDT
[#1]
In.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#2]
If your serious I'm sure I could get a number of people to contribute.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Im cereal, heres my face lets do this!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, weve discussed this before. Im 100% in.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#5]
In...
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Just looked quick here's some possible locations for static billboards http://www.independentoutdoor.com/connecticut.cfm

We're going to need to figure out what its going to say and what location or locationS would be best.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#7]
In, and might I suggest JZee30's sticker:

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#8]
How much money are we talking? Do they charge by the word or by the duration? I would suggest location being 91 north or south as long as it is south of Jennings road.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much money are we talking? Do they charge by the word or by the duration? I would suggest location being 91 north or south as long as it is south of Jennings road.
View Quote

A digital board for 4 weeks with 8 second durations with 1665 exposures per day is about $7000, personally I would rather have a constant steady FDM message on a static billboard, it's like poking someone in the eye and leaving your finger there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/cjt1972b/media/IMG_0392_zps63815323.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t589/cjt1972b/IMG_0392_zps63815323.jpg</a>
View Quote

Have any extras I can buy off you?
In on the billboard idea. Possibly down 84 somewhere?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I think PAIN had a bunch of those FDM stickers made up but not 100% sure.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#12]
It shouldnt be about guns at all.

I would go straight to the point: A pic of Malloy with a snide look, and ECONOMY, TAXES, JOBS: FAILURE.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Exactly.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would go straight to the point: A pic of Malloy with a snide look, and ECONOMY, TAXES, JOBS: FAILURE.

Exactly.

I'm in if it's this. No guns. All about the state of the economy.

How much is a billboard with advertising

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#15]
We need a PAC
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Count me in. Billboards are priced by the amount of traffic that passes by.

Also mention that Connecticut is dead last in economic growth in the US. I would be cool if we could get one that Malloy has to drive past everyday.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#17]
This picture far left on the billboard:

Pointing to a few bullet points like:

CT- Ranked worst in the nation for:
-Job Growth
-Economy
-Retirement
-Roads
-State Debt

-Governor

MALLOY MUST GO!

This advertisement paid for by a bunch of hard working, tax paying citizens against Malloy.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm in
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

This!  No gun references, just focus on the HORRIBLE job Malloy has done as Governor.  I would suggest a snide picture of Malloy with the word PROGRESS? on top, with the FAILURE message underneath.  I would be in, by the way!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah I dont want it to make it about guns either, but it definitely is a "One issue election" and that one issue is getting Malloy out!

Perhaps something along the lines of a check list with all the shit he didnt/did do
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Guys,

I was previously an advertising exec, I will make some calls and gather the info.

I will say right now doing this is not cheap, so if you have like minded friends now is the time to bring this up.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah I dont want it to make it about guns either, but it definitely is a "One issue election" and that one issue is getting Malloy out!

Perhaps something along the lines of a check list with all the shit he didnt/did do
View Quote

Two columns, PASS and FAIL. Then big red check marks for FAIL.

A clean simple bilboard is most effective.

If we start a Facebook page for "hardworking people for Connecticut" I bet we can raise a ton of money for this. Then get a PayPal account to collect the money. Then we could run the billboard for the month of October until the election. I am sure I can get 5 or 6 people to chip in. I would kick in for $100 no problem. More if I had to.My father, brother and a few friends would definitely kick in.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I dont have facebook so Im not sure how to go about that but am willing to help with it
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I dont have facebook so Im not sure how to go about that but am willing to help with it
View Quote

I have a Facebook page but am not really a user of it. I just use it to connect with a few friends and message them.

I can work on setting one up with a PayPal account. I am good with computers and technology. We need a name for our group.

Do we have someone who can design the billboard?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#25]
There are some legal implications that need to be looked into first. Hold off on doing anything on Facebook or setting up anything with Paypal. Let me look into this some more so we can do it right.

If anyone is an attorney that is willing to donate some time to this please PM me. PAC/Campaign finance law type stuff.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#26]
He did a good job of getting his son off the hook for armed robbery
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There are some legal implications that need to be looked into first. Hold off on doing anything on Facebook or setting up anything with Paypal. Let me look into this some more so we can do it right.

If anyone is an attorney that is willing to donate some time to this please PM me. PAC/Campaign finance law type stuff.

View Quote

I had a feeling this would become a hinderance..
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#28]
I would put in some, and I know a few folks who would also be interested. I can get some more info on signs too. The company I work for has done a few and I deal with the media outlets once in a while for other advertising. We stopped doing billboards a while back since they weren't effective for us but for something like this...

First thing is to make it SIMPLE and BOLD. Subtle doesn't work on billboards. Don't even assume folks know who he is by the picture. Don't put his name up there in a way that can be seen at a glance without knowing it's ANTI-Malloy. More than half your audience will literally give the sign no more than a fraction of a second of attention and pick out a name or phrase and that's it. They're in traffic and giving the road their attention. The other half of the audience (and audience is the folks who see it at all, not everyone who goes by) is split between disagreeing, not caring and being your target audience. In this case we're going after democrats and folks in the middle who might not be happy with Malloy or just aren't aware of how badly he has done.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/cjt1972b/media/IMG_0392_zps63815323.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t589/cjt1972b/IMG_0392_zps63815323.jpg</a>
View Quote

That looks familiar.... IN!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet look at everyone looking to help do it right...........
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Im in for a donation.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#32]
And here is an opportunity for all of the free state Arfcomers that said they "support" us and our fight for our rights. Time to put thier money where thier Cheetos eater is.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#33]
It is do-able. If 70 people give 100 bucks, that's $7000 for a sign.

Oh boy is this great!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Do we start one of those fund me things?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#35]
PGAEMU and remy, thanks for your efforts. Ill be patiently awaiting your findings and input.

Financially, this is completely do-able (I know nothing about the legalities). Facebook is our friend, as suggested. As soon as the word comes down, its as simple as a couple posts to a few different groups and we'll be well on our way. We could start our own page, too, but I really don't think that would even be necessary.

CCDL
Vote No For Dan Malloy
CT Shooters
Guntalk

and thats just to name a few. Theres dozens of CT Facebook groups that are on our side, and not even necessarily gun related. I frequent the "Enfield CT Open Forum" (among others) on Facebook and there is not just a lot of pro-2A support, but even more anti-Malloy sentiment. We are not alone guys, people are waking up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think we should do anything just this second, but yes that could be a good avenue to take when the time comes.

Lets wait and hear what the guys who know about this topic have to say.

If we take any action immediately it should be to hammer down a billboard design. People are going to want to see what they are putting their money towards. At least, I feel we should be able to show people what they are spending their money on.

We also need to know where the proposed sign is going to be, and what it is going to cost. Cost being the big piece of information. Not just a, "around $7k", we need a hard target that needs to be reached.

ETA:
Something to consider as well. Im sure you've all seen the news about Rockcats Stadium being moved from New Britain to Hartford. A LOT of people in New Britain are NOT happy about this, as well as people from Hartford. And thats not even to say anything about people who come from all over the state to New Britain, and have been doing so for a loooong time. It could be worth its weight in gold getting a billboard up at their stadium, too.

New Britain just elected a Republican last year (earlier this year?), and New Britain is a big target with a lot of voters. It shouldn't be that hard to get New Britain on board with voting against Malloy. Shit, that one is too easy.

Nevermind the bus line.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't think we should do anything just this second, but yes that could be a good avenue to take when the time comes.

If we take any action immediately it should be to hammer down a billboard design. People are going to want to see what they are putting their money towards. At least, I feel we should be able to show people what they are spending their money on.

We also need to know where the proposed sign is going to be, and what it is going to cost. Cost being the big piece of information. Not just a, "around $7k", we need a hard target that needs to be reached.

ETA:
Something to consider as well. Im sure you've all seen the news about Rockcats Stadium being moved from New Britain to Hartford. A LOT of people in New Britain are NOT happy about this, as well as people from Hartford. And thats not even to say anything about people who come from all over the state to New Britain, and have been doing so for a loooong time. It could be worth its weight in gold getting a billboard up at their stadium, too.

New Britain just elected a Republican last year (earlier this year?), and New Britain is a big target with a lot of voters. It shouldn't be that hard to get New Britain on board with voting against Malloy. Shit, that one is too easy.

Nevermind the bus line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Nevermind the bus line.

Oh, you mean the bus road from one place with no jobs to another place with no jobs? lol
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#38]
We need to make it a meme
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes let's wait for the pros to figure out the logistics before we set up anything. In the interim we should create a few designs and can put out feelers to people to find out how much real interest we will get.
Things I suck at: designing, Facebook (don't even have it), law.
Things I am good at: finances, average joe perspective, devils advocate.
As others mentioned no guns keep it simple and make it obvious it's anti Malloy. Running it for the month to month and a half before the election is money. I like the idea of the new Britain demographic as well. We need maximum exposure and that's why I was thinking 91 south of Jennings road. We could do Hartford right after the tunnel too. I will start putting feelers out immediately.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#40]
I am in .... Send me an email when it all gets figured out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#41]
If we are going to do this we need to get the ball rolling ASAP. Only 2 months until the election. We need a design. It will probably take a couple weeks just to get the billboard from design to installed. if we use an electronic billboard that would go faster than a printed one.

Picture of Malloy with the red line through it. Malloy must go as the headline. Then the checklist showing Fail for everything.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Printing and installation isnt a big deal for these companies. The thing that is gonna take the longest is the legal crap.

For all those with the Photoshop skills, post up ideas in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Sofa King In!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Is this the beginning of an Arfcom Super Pac?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#45]
MALLOY - OUT OF CHANCES

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Only working part time but I'll find a way to kick in $100.  Perhaps while the logistics are being worked out create a master list of bullet points,some already stated for consideration.  In addition to the obvious economic issues Malloy has pissed off many people pushing through liberal policies that would never have passed if put to a public vote.  Repeal of the death penalty, drivers licenses for illegals, pro common core education, reduced funding for courts and corrections, etc.  Many people who didn't vote because they were too lazy to get to the polls last time resulted in getting beat by 6000 inner city votes.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#47]
In for $100 even if I have to report it to work. Damn .
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Fuck it I'm in!!!

I have two stickers left in black, PM me for whomever was interested.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Something also along these lines?

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm in.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top