Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2014 12:58:46 PM EDT
Any referrals to individuals or shops that can service automatic watches?

No, I don't own a Rolex and don't want to pay more than the watch is worth...Seiko stuff
I would prefer to go in person...SE CT preferred, but I'll take any leads.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I had my Vostok serviced by Precision Watch/ Jewelry Repair on Broad in New Britain years ago. His pricing was very fair and he did a good job- but its probably not worth the drive. Also, the Jeweler is a native Polish speaker with pretty limited English.

I've never used them, but there is a watch repair place on the backside of the building that Newington Gun Exchange is in.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of coin range are we talking?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
woodrow in rye ny always took wife seiko and stuff there
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
My beater Seiko Black Monster finally needs a tune up too.

That, and I beat my last spare bracelet pin out of it.

I kind of want to shoot this thing with a .22LR to see what happens (probably nothing).
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]
My orange monster stopped and a couple divers are dying overnight...lube jobs req.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've never used them, but there is a watch repair place on the backside of the building that Newington Gun Exchange is in.
View Quote

The shop you are referring to is call Pieces of Time and the watchmaker is Rick Littlefield. Website.

I had him service and repair a couple antique railroad pocket watches and a Bulova from the 1920s. My father had his father's Benrus Chronograph repaired there too. He is a true craftsman but because of this it takes a long time to get a watch done. I am not sure he works on stuff like Seikos. Probably a regular jewler is a better bet. Give him a call. Oh and he is not cheap. I bet a repair from Rick is more than a new Seiko costs.

Using this website called Google I found this. Looks like the repair center is in Mahwah, NJ.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the tip will try that google thing.

A couple reviews for the factory service weren't so hot. Thanks though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#8]
First off,no bashing Seiko. They make the most accurate watch on the planet.
Second, stay away from the factory service. It is NOT a Seiko facility, they are contracted.
Buy a new movement and contact motor city watch works.

I have well over a dozen Seiko's, from all era's, and several customs.
Keep em ticking so the Indians and Malaysians don't have more spare parts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The shop you are referring to is call Pieces of Time and the watchmaker is Rick Littlefield. Website.

I had him service and repair a couple antique railroad pocket watches and a Bulova from the 1920s. My father had his father's Benrus Chronograph repaired there too. He is a true craftsman but because of this it takes a long time to get a watch done. I am not sure he works on stuff like Seikos. Probably a regular jewler is a better bet. Give him a call. Oh and he is not cheap. I bet a repair from Rick is more than a new Seiko costs.

Using this website called Google I found this. Looks like the repair center is in Mahwah, NJ.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I took a look at his services.

Thats a pretty serious operation.

Neat stuff.

Yeah, Not seiko territory unless you a weirdo with a Grand Seiko or Creedor.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for the tip will try that google thing.

A couple reviews for the factory service weren't so hot. Thanks though.
View Quote

I was just busting balls. Did not mean to insult you.

FYI never said Seiko watches were bad. I own one from the 80s and it is still going.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Lighten up Francis, I'm joking too!

There's a cult following here w old seiko divers. I'm torn. I'd rather have a new gun (high end) than a Rolex, I just can't see spending $5k for a watch. The seikos, marathons, etc seem to get it done in a more rational manner...or maybe I'm just a swamp Yankee, too cheap.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lighten up Francis, I'm joking too!

There's a cult following here w old seiko divers. I'm torn. I'd rather have a new gun (high end) than a Rolex, I just can't see spending $5k for a watch. The seikos, marathons, etc seem to get it done in a more rational manner...or maybe I'm just a swamp Yankee, too cheap.
View Quote

Save your money on the Rolex and quite few other high end brands.  They need a shocking amount of maintenance to run properly.  The autos should also be kept in an autowinder and they aren't cheap either.  Ask me how I know.  Last year was the Year of the Watch for me as I had to repair and/or have maintenance on a Rolex and three Breitlings which Lux, Bond and Green was nice enough to charge me nearly $8k for.

I have seen some outrageously cool modified Seikos with cloth bands, new faces and super illuminated numerals on another forum.  The Seikos are tanks and even after the mods they are a fraction of the cost of mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top