Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2014 3:56:47 PM EDT
Just got a form 1 kicked back because my AWC  caliber said "multi" and my SBR app specified ".300" The letter says to have my AWC corrected and resubmit. I went from YAY! To boo in moments. I guess its my fault for having such high expectations.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just got a form 1 kicked back because my AWC  caliber said "multi" and my SBR app specified ".300" The letter says to have my AWC corrected and resubmit. I went from YAY! To boo in moments. I guess its my fault for having such high expectations.
View Quote

??? The ATF looked up the Assault weapon certificate you have on file with the state????
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
They will not process it unless it is submitted with h the app.
Also, the lower reciever is in fact stamped "multi".
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
??? The ATF looked up the Assault weapon certificate you have on file with the state????
View Quote

No need for ATF or the state to look it up. For a while now ATF has been demanding people include their certificate of possession, which lists the caliber, when you submit an SBR application to them. Its a known issue. We have a big thread about it at the following link.

SBR correction letter.... (one letter added)
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I just 5320'd my stuff up here from FL.  AW cert must match form 4.  If your AW cert doesn't match form 4, call DESPP.  Ask me how I know this.  There is a lady at DESPP working with ATF to rectify any problems.  As much of a joke as the whole situation is, I must give major kudos to both DESPP and ATF as they got me straighten out in a day. Don't worry. You'll be fine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#6]
What these guys have said.

Itll get straigtened out as fast as you handle it.  They move very quickly at fixing these issues which is strange for the government

The best part is that as soon as you send it back you should have your stamp within 2 weeks after they get it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I had two form 1's approved with both AW certs saying 5.56/multi. One form 1 was for 9mm and the other was for 300 BLK. Sounds like someone at the NFA branch is making it up as they go. Who's your examiner?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had two form 1's approved with both AW certs saying 5.56/multi. One form 1 was for 9mm and the other was for 300 BLK. Sounds like someone at the NFA branch is making it up as they go. Who's your examiner?
View Quote

online forms or Eformes and what was your time?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eforms. Submitted in early February and approved late June/early July.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#10]
My cert says 5.56 and my approved Form 1 says 9.  There is no need for them to match as you are "making a new firearm".  Somebody is confused at ATF.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#11]
And...  the caliper should be listed without the . so it would be just 300.

See http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/415446_Visual_guide__How_to_fill_out_a_Form_1_using_EFORMS.html
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#12]
How does one get their AW cert "corrected"?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Simple. Call DESPP and ask to change the information. Others have apparently done so. I'm sure someone will post the direct phone number (and name) of the woman most seem to be dealing with at DESPP when they call about this and similar issues. People have reported positive things when dealing with her.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Simple. Call DESPP and ask to change the information. Others have apparently done so. I'm sure someone will post the direct phone number (and name) of the woman most seem to be dealing with at DESPP when they call about this and similar issues. People have reported positive things when dealing with her.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deirdre Cesario is her name. Nice lady and very helpful. Her email is:

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Awesome info. Thanks. I would prefer not to change my AWC from "MULTI" as it is roll marked on the lower receiver,but if that is my best option then I will do it. Telling the ATF that 300 is in fact one of MULTIPLE calibers would probably require common sense. Im sure this problem will haunt me into the other lowers I have registered as MULTI with the state.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Interesting. I had no issues with a .300blk Form 1 and a 5.56mm cert. I actually was debating what to put for the cert, but since the DPS-3-C listed it as 5.56mm and that's technically what it is until I put the short upper on, that's what I stuck with.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Well the corrections are in the works. I went to Despp and asked  for Deirdre directly and told her The Internet sent me. She enjoyed that. She then simply used white out on the AWC and wrote 300 in the box. She then scanned/emailed it to an Edna and  Dan P.  She said I could have done it myself without issue but now I have a "corrected" copy on file with the state.

As soon as I got home I got a return call from the ATF. The rep said they dread dealing with CT and she reccomended that i move to Texas. Everyone was very helpful. And I learned that your AWC caliber must be matched to the NFA form from now on.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
. The rep said they dread dealing with CT.
View Quote

Well isn't that a fucking shame.. Fuck them! Do their fucking jobs and stop making up shit in the law that is not there.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top