Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2014 5:17:04 PM EDT
So I just happen to stop into Matts oh so favorite Carlos dong market to give it a try. Got a prime rib grinder with Swiss.

The meat was very tasty, cooked medium but not dry. Had a seasoning I've never had on prime rib and it went well with it. Swiss cheese was fresh as well. Had some horseradish and l+t on it as well. Bread was fresh and had a good crust to it but not too hard. Over all id say 8/10. -1 for the lack of meat on the samich. Coulda had a few more pieces. And -1 for how much of a mess the place is inside. Woulda scared me away if I didn't know dong was on the menu.
Give it a try.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you taste the age/sex/race of the meat?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]
City?  State? Country?  Planet?

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Where is this place?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It's in niantic. You can taste the sex of the meat but that's about it
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Carlo's is on 161 in East Lyme, right near Route 1 and I-95.

I was next door at Flanders Fish Market this evening, grabbed little necks, quahogs, bay scallops, and some flounder. Water is starting to boil now
View Quote

Used to get cappys platter there. Came with all that an then some. They have the bomb digity cocktail sauce
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#7]
No pictures?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:40:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No pictures?
View Quote

It was probably closed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:39:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was next door at Flanders Fish Market this evening, grabbed little necks, quahogs, bay scallops, and some flounder. Water is starting to boil now
View Quote

You down there this week/weekend?

We will be down Friday night - Monday
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:40:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It was probably closed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No pictures?

It was probably closed.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No pictures?

It was probably closed.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No, we have some tenants renting until after Labor Day.

As a sidenote, I'm going to a party on Saturday evening and it will be full of cops - they are having a dog shoot after the keg stand competition.  I think ConnDCJ might even be there, he works right down the street
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a sidenote, I'm going to a party on Saturday evening and it will be full of cops - they are having a dog shoot after the keg stand competition.  I think ConnDCJ might even be there, he works right down the street

Maybe for fun y'all can drown some kittens-
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I draw the line at kittens. I have four cats.  Shoot dogs? Sure. But drown kittens?  That's just wrong.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I draw the line at kittens. I have four cats.  Shoot dogs? Sure. But drown kittens?  That's just wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As my father in law would say "it was just a suggestion" in his thick Portuguese accent
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#16]
His turkey and roast beef subs are so good, I salivate just thinking about them.  I get a large on Saturday and eat it for lunch and dinner both Saturday and Sunday.

I like listening to Carlo when he goes off on the crappy (his opinion) meat they sell at S&S or Big-Y.  "You wanna feed that gahbidge to yuh family, go 'head, but don't come cryin' t'me. I wouldn't feed my dog that gahbidge. No way."
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
His turkey and roast beef subs are so good, I salivate just thinking about them.  I get a large on Saturday and eat it for lunch and dinner both Saturday and Sunday.

I like listening to Carlo when he goes off on the crappy (his opinion) meat they sell at S&S or Big-Y.  "You wanna feed that gahbidge to yuh family, go 'head, but don't come cryin' t'me. I wouldn't feed my dog that gahbidge. No way."
View Quote

Carlos
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm gonna try it again soon
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#19]
If I am grateful for anything on this board.....A big if....it was to learn of the Awesomeness  that is Carlos prime rib sammich.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:49:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm sure hardcore is willing to bring you one if you put in a good word for him on his job application

Are you going to the party on Saturday?  It's literally right down the street from your office
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I am grateful for anything on this board.....A big if....it was to learn of the Awesomeness  that is Carlos prime rib sammich.

I'm sure hardcore is willing to bring you one if you put in a good word for him on his job application

Are you going to the party on Saturday?  It's literally right down the street from your office

1.  For me to put in a good word for anyone here about anything would require a miracle on the level of the parting of the Red Sea.  Of course saying I would put a good word in and then absolutely killing them behind closed doors intrigues me so we'll play it by ear.

2.  I will unfortunately be in downtown Hartford all Saturday night.  HH6's birthday dinner.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I take it this thread is not about a singles bar?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't want carlo's meat?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

1.  For me to put in a good word for anyone here about anything would require a miracle on the level of the parting of the Red Sea.  Of course saying I would put a good word in and then absolutely killing them behind closed doors intrigues me so we'll play it by ear.

2.  I will unfortunately be in downtown Hartford all Saturday night.  HH6's birthday dinner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you kill me, then I can be reborn as robocop
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Try the cole slaw......
Not cheap but damn it's awesome!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not traveling hour plus for much

I got my own sources for animal flesh

Eta
Pay your rent bitches I own page 2
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll be at Carlos at 11am tomorrow morning.

But they will not be making sandwiches this weekend because of the weekend volume.

Instead I will buy a few ribeyes, some brats, and a spatchcock chicken.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Eta
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eta

It's worth it.

Carlos = Jojo's of meat.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:07:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'll be at Carlos at 11am tomorrow morning.

But they will not be making sandwiches this weekend because of the weekend volume.

Instead I will buy a few ribeyes, some brats, and a spatchcock chicken.
View Quote

Bring me a steak
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Carlos has tri-tip today
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:37:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Carlo & Crew know how to whip up an excellent grinder, and they're 5 minutes from my house. If you're down for a beer after a visit to the butcher shop, my buddy owns Smokey O'gradys bar right across the street. If you're FD/PD/etc, bring a patch to put on the wall.

Honorable grinder mentions go to Hamilton Market in New London and Salem Prime Cuts.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:27:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Carlo & Crew know how to whip up an excellent grinder, and they're 5 minutes from my house. If you're down for a beer after a visit to the butcher shop, my buddy owns Smokey O'gradys bar right across the street. If you're FD/PD/etc, bring a patch to put on the wall.

Honorable grinder mentions go to Hamilton Market in New London and Salem Prime Cuts.  
View Quote

Salem is a rip off. Thier meat quality has gone down hill too . We buy our prime rib from shop rite before salem
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Salem is a rip off. Thier meat quality has gone down hill too . We buy our prime rib from shop rite before salem
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I don't get the love for Salem Prime.   I haven't been impressed, plus it smells funky in there sometimes.  Their tupperware full of pulled pork is awesome though.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Carlos > Salem Prime

No contest.

Just finished up the last of $120 worth of Carlos meat tonight.

Having the Meatsweats right now.

feelsgoodman.jpg
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Carlos > Salem Prime

No contest.

Just finished up the last of $120 worth of Carlos meat tonight.

Having the Meatsweats right now.

feelsgoodman.jpg
View Quote
Meat!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top