Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2014 12:20:02 AM EDT
CCDL ask it's members to rally at the debate tonight.  Anybody familiar with the area?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:58:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Norwich can be confusing as shit to get around.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:15:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't make it, but it's very easy to get there. It's practically right off of Rt2 (I only mention this because I know where you're coming from). Follow the highway portion of Rt2 to the end, shortly after the 395 overpass. Bear right at the light, go left at the fork (Broadway) , and left at the next fork (Crescent St). School is on the left.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:15:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL, it's like a little Boston - every street's a one-way!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:40:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and full of hookers and crack
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Which corner of the state is norwich? I get the nortowns all fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in Norwich.
What's going on tonight? What time?

edit: Malloy v Foley debate, 7pm Slater Museum at NFA
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.  Downtown can be a motherfucker to the uninitiated.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, me, TSX, and Cavgunner will be there then
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which corner of the state is norwich? I get the nortowns all fucked up.
View Quote

Yeah really.   Is this the one near Stramford Locks?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I cannot go.

Please post photos or video.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#11]
For those that can make it, please dress appropriately and if you are able to ask a question please do so in a respectful manor and try to hammer Malloy on the economy, taxes, jobs and not about guns.

Last thing we need is for the media to get on camera an overweight neckbeard dressed in cammy pants with a CCDL shirt, wearing an NRA hat yelling Molon Labe at Malloy and bitching about his signing SB1160. That will only serve to feed the anti's and turn off the fence sitters.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For those that can make it, please dress appropriately and if you are able to ask a question please do so in a respectful manor and try to hammer Malloy on the economy, taxes, jobs and not about guns.

Last thing we need is for the media to get on camera an overweight neckbeard dressed in cammy pants with a CCDL shirt, wearing an NRA hat yelling Molon Labe at Malloy and bitching about his signing SB1160. That will only serve to feed the anti's and turn off the fence sitters.
View Quote

THIS! Please!

Ask Dannell why he should be reelected given the state of the economy and taxes. Ask it just like that. I bet he would turn green. Make him make his case, hilarity will ensue.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

THIS! Please!

Ask Dannell why he should be reelected given the state of the economy and taxes. Ask it just like that. I bet he would turn green. Make him make his case, hilarity will ensue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS! Please!

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Best idea make him explain and justify, but be ready with counter points
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I read an article earlier today that this will not be broadcast live, but I just looked at another article just now and I found that CT-N "rearranged its schedule and will stream the event live on line and carry it on its cable channel." WTF were they going to air that is more important than this?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I read an article earlier today that this will not be broadcast live, but I just looked at another article just now and I found that CT-N "rearranged its schedule and will stream the event live on line and carry it on its cable channel." WTF were they going to air that is more important than this?
View Quote

More importantly why did they rearrange their schedule to air this live? Do they know something we don't, like Malloy packing the audience with progressive plants?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Carpenters union is there. Go figure
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are tight for sure.  The last Commissioner of Labor prior to the current one was the head of their union and from Stamford.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Sitrep:
Gun issue comes up second question.

Foley says he would seek pardons for anyone made a felon for unregistered AW when asked if he would enforce door to door AW confiscations/arrests

Foley says he would sign a bill repealing SB1160 if it comes to him

Malloy comes off very angry, stutters. Kind of like a kid who knows he's wrong/failing and gets angry about it. Trying to slam Foley on guns but I don't think it worked, he looked foolish dancing around questions, citing irrelevant "facts"
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#19]
God Malloy disgusts me!  What a self-righteous prick.

I'm surprised Foley said he would stop criminal proceedings against those 200 they were talking about.  Hopefully that doesn't bite him.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#20]
20 minutes into this when they started talking about education I started experiencing problems with the CT-N streaming.  It stops and starts.  Have tried reloading etc.  Anyone else having problems?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
20 minutes into this when they started talking about education I started experiencing problems with the CT-N streaming.  It stops and starts.  Have tried reloading etc.  Anyone else having problems?
View Quote

That's dan stuttering, not a streaming issue...
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Call me a pessimist. Call me whatever.

I'm getting the same feeling my gut that I got from Romney watching Foley.

He's too polite. Too business like. Too rational.

Malloy is ripping a page from Obama's playbook and getting nasty.

And I believe most of CT is stupid enough to fall for it.

I hope I'm just over reacting though.

The big issue as being touted by the media though seems to be guns by far. They just can't fucking shut up about it. Undecided as to whether that's a good or a bad thing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#23]
An article On the debate

Wednesday night Tom Foley played with Gov. Dan Malloy like a cat batting at a ball of twine.

It wasn’t supposed to go that way at their first gubernatorial debate in Norwich. Many in the media thought Foley would be trounced by the zipped-up Malloy and show that the Greenwich businessman couldn’t articulate a plan or a philosophy. Some Republicans were a bit on edge since Foley has been somewhat casual in his demeanor since winning the nomination and primary.

Sitting in one of two stuffed high back chairs with moderator Ray Hackett of the Norwich Bulletin in the middle, Foley showed himself more than ready to handle the hard charging incumbent who knows he is behind and in desperate need of a game change.

Malloy threw some hard body shots at Foley. Malloy retold the story of the Bibb textile factory owned by Foley; about the challenger’s lack of details on policies and how Foley rode around in a BMW. Malloy was coiled steel and gave every indication that if he could have kicked Foley in the groin and gotten away with it – he would.

Foley seemed almost amused by Malloy’s bubbling rage.  In the medium of television, it’s the cool ones who survive and Foley was composed, relaxed and almost serene. When Foley offered his comments about Malloy’s record, looking at Malloy as he did it, there was a tone of disappointment in his voice – not rancor.

Malloy kept coming,  like Jake LaMotta, pounding and pounding Foley – who slipped every punch. Malloy persisted to the point of absurdity over Foley’s tenure at the mill in the 1990s. Malloy talked about bond holders getting shorted and debt loading and other details that only a few economic majors could follow. Foley just let him punch himself out

Foley then did a nifty trick – by challenging Malloy to stop talking about the past and talk about Connecticut’s future, the slow economic growth, the challenges of the cities and education reform. This is known as “bridging” in the message game and Foley did it like a pro.

In the area of education, Foley questioned why Malloy didn’t reach out to teachers and other groups about his education reform plan, but instead he “rammed it down people’s throats.” Malloy has pushed through Common Core and other mandates on parents and teachers when they weren’t necessary, Foley argued.

Malloy threw his best stuff. Foley then talked about the economy in Connecticut, and it was this area where Malloy cannot hide behind his tough guy rhetoric.

Foley laid out how Connecticut had grown at anemic rate of one percent, compared to 11 percent in Massachusetts. He talked about how Malloy’s policies of paying companies to move or stay in the state doesn’t create long-term economic growth. Foley calmly shredded the various job growth numbers the Malloy administration has claimed and said, even if true, were not enough for people to feel confident.

Malloy reverted back to what he knows best – picking a fight. Foley wouldn’t take the bait. Malloy brought his own bait and he landed a big one – himself.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good.

Rile them up.

They don't have any settings between hurrr and super thug.

Their mobbed-up handlers never taught them anything in between.

The white collar voter base that is on the fence actually gets turned off by dirty union whaggglbarrgggle.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:40:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Foley needs to keep up his cool . Malloy looks a like a Lunatic when he's angry like that. He know he's lied, stolen, and run this state further into the ground and his only response is to be loud and crazy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:12:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Buy but progressive and common sence and and it's for the children!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:19:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The big issue as being touted by the media though seems to be guns by far. They just can't fucking shut up about it. Undecided as to whether that's a good or a bad thing.
View Quote

They are not shutting up about it because its ALL they have when it comes to propping Malloy up. Its about all Malloy can point to as something "positive" he's done. Note that's "positive" from a progressive Democrat's point of view. Malloy and the media cannot mention taxes, jobs or the economy. So its guns, guns, guns. It helps them that they have video of Foley at CCDL and it helps them that Visconti's campaign is a one trick pony (guns).

Foley if he has a good media handler can USE all this media talk about guns to his advantage. He can point out that while the media and Malloy are concentrating on touting the gun law he (Foley) is focused on the things that matter to most people, jobs, economy, taxes. If Foley does delve into talking about guns he needs to talk up how Malloy passed a law that wouldn't have prevented Sandy Hook since it didn't deal with mental health aspect. Malloy and the progressives only went after the law abiding's guns.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:32:10 AM EDT
[#28]
First thing they brought up on the radio this morning was the gun debate. Getting a little too repetitive for my liking. The media will rule these campaigns
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:51:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The media will rule these campaigns
View Quote

Yup

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:08:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
First thing they brought up on the radio this morning was the gun debate. Getting a little too repetitive for my liking. The media will rule these campaigns
View Quote

When do we get to burn down WFSB, WTNH, and the Hartford Courant?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:30:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

The media has ruled campaigns for ages, this is nothing new.

The media is just trying to keep Malloy propped up. They will keep pimping the guns angle for as long as they can in an effort to try and turn voters against Foley. The media will do anything they can to drag Malloy across the finish line in November. We saw some of that with CT Post outright lie about what Foley said to a specific question last night. That lie is designed to turn people against Foley.

Edit to add: Here is one lie the CT Post is trying to run from last nights debate to turn voters against Foley on the issue of guns.

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Malloy-Foley-trade-opening-debate-barbs-5717264.php

"Tom and I have not had a conversation about this, ever," Malloy countered. "Never. So when Tom says he told me something, he's not telling the truth. If we had that conversation, I would have asked him, should a person be able to buy a gun without a background check? I'm going to ask him today. Yes or no?"

"Yes," Foley replied.

If one goes and watches the replay of the debate at CT-N at about the 16:43 mark they'll see Malloy's question and Foley then answering "no".
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:34:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

im ready
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:45:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The media is just trying to keep Malloy propped up. They will keep pimping the guns angle for as long as they can in an effort to try and turn voters against Foley. The media will do anything they can to drag Malloy across the finish line in November. We saw some of that with CT Post outright lie about what Foley said to a specific question last night. That lie is designed to turn people against Foley.

Edit to add: Here is one lie the CT Post is trying to run from last nights debate to turn voters against Foley on the issue of guns.

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Malloy-Foley-trade-opening-debate-barbs-5717264.php

"Tom and I have not had a conversation about this, ever," Malloy countered. "Never. So when Tom says he told me something, he's not telling the truth. If we had that conversation, I would have asked him, should a person be able to buy a gun without a background check? I'm going to ask him today. Yes or no?"

"Yes," Foley replied.

If one goes and watches the replay of the debate at CT-N at about the 16:43 mark they'll see Malloy's question and Foley then answering "no".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Yes," Foley replied.

Interesting, I figured Foley was going to dance around the gun issue, instead it looks like he's taking it on full force. Good for him, I hope it doesn't bite him in the ass.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:07:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Foley was actually pretty good on the gun questions yesterday evening when one actually listened and though about what he said. He'll probably get some heat from the media on his mental health/background check answer but he was spot on with his answer, it depends on what their mental health issue is. But that doesn't sound good for media sound bites so the media will run with it to try and turn voters away from Foley.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:36:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

"Yes," Foley replied.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Yes," Foley replied.

Hasn't it been like this forever?
I find it mind blowing that Malloys point he made about the gun law where already in place before the new law. They have been doing background checks forever, and the new law says nothing about checking someone's mental condition. Soooooo what was his point??
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm surprised the Vbots haven't jumped all over Foley's responses from last night.

"SEE! Foley DOES want background checks!"
"I know. Foley will send in the storm troopers faster than Malloy I bet!"
"It's a good thing we didn't have Foley after Sandy Hook. Our guns would be gone already."
"I know right! They'll never get my Beretta .380 in side holster with no round in the chamber!"
"Yeah fuck em. No round in chamber! I like the sound of that."
"Yep. Vote Joe Visconti for governor!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top