Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2014 9:05:10 PM EDT
I think it was the Grouse gun shop or something to that effect.

On the Fox news right now....or was a few minutes ago.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The Grouse Perch had "assault rifles"?

Thats not quite their style even before the ban.  But hey, whatever.

Whoever stole them better pay their magazine taxes
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Grouse Perch had "assault rifles"?

Thats not quite their style even before the ban.  But hey, whatever.

Whoever stole them better pay their magazine taxes
View Quote

Thats what they say.  I dont know the place so have no idea what they ususlly keep on hand.

Dont know if they stole any hi-cap mags though.

They said something about 10 handguns were taken also.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Fox61 states the store's name, but only claims two "high power" rifles were taken.

http://foxct.com/2014/08/26/dozen-guns-stolen-from-gun-shop-in-old-saybrook/

Sounds like some patriots are getting armed.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:36:14 AM EDT
[#4]
The owner to the perch is a moron to say the least. He lives right next to the store. The store and his shop are connected. Used to go in there when I was a kid with my dad but the place was a complete dump all the time. He had shit everywhere .

He's the king of fudds and I believe he's a malloy lover
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:16:42 AM EDT
[#5]
From the picture they showed on the news (Fox) this morning, one of the rifles was a bolt action.  The picture was shitty, so I could not tell what it was, I think it was a Remington with a heavy target stock.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:56:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fox61 states the store's name, but only claims two "high power" rifles were taken.

http://foxct.com/2014/08/26/dozen-guns-stolen-from-gun-shop-in-old-saybrook/

Sounds like some patriots are getting armed.
View Quote

That article has been updated to say an arrest has been made...

"The Old Saybrook Police Department has made an arrest in the theft of 10 handguns and two high-powered rifles from the Grouse Perch gun shop. They are charging 25 year old Thomas Russo with Burglary in the 2nd Degree, Larceny in the 2nd Degree and multiple counts of Theft of a Firearm.  Russo is being held on a $750,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in Middletown Superior Court on August 29th."
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:54:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The owner to the perch is a moron to say the least. He lives right next to the store. The store and his shop are connected. Used to go in there when I was a kid with my dad but the place was a complete dump all the time. He had shit everywhere .

View Quote

How is the parking there?

I used to just go to North Cove Traders.   That was a neat store.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:58:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha parking wasn't bad! North cove was a yuppie store but they had a cool gun dept. the guy who ran it opened tgs in Branford
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:58:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Parking is a non issue since no one ever goes there.  I won't go in there any more, he was an asshole to me last year for no reason.  

I used to like checking out North Cove Outfitters too, they were struggling for a while and that flood two springs ago filled their basement with water and they never really recovered.  They had some nice guns in there, the guys behind the counter were friendly too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:59:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ha parking wasn't bad! North cove was a yuppie store but they had a cool gun dept. the guy who ran it opened tgs in Branford
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am a Yuppie.

But not Yuppie enough for Branford.

East of the River Yuppie.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:07:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I am a Yuppie.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am a Yuppie.

guns weren't bad but everything was way over priced in that store. one thing that was nice is they always had shotgun ammo for duck in stock. boy i kinda miss that store now. childhood memories.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:07:48 AM EDT
[#12]
the douche from the perch was in my club... not sure if he still is or not. never saw him shoot, just hang in the bar
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:45:40 AM EDT
[#13]
The one rifle they had pictured looked like a high power pellet rifle
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

saw that too
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
No he's not.  He's pro 2A and a GOP guy through and through.  Say what you want about his store, but that's nonsense.  Believe me, I've gotten stuck listening to him drone on forever, and ever, and ever, and ever about gun rights, politics, etc.  

My biggest problem with him is that he talks so much that you never have time to just look at some guns.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No he's not.  He's pro 2A and a GOP guy through and through.  Say what you want about his store, but that's nonsense.  Believe me, I've gotten stuck listening to him drone on forever, and ever, and ever, and ever about gun rights, politics, etc.  

My biggest problem with him is that he talks so much that you never have time to just look at some guns.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't stand him. Biggest windbag in saybrook. Only thing I have is memory's from when I was a kid going in there Saturday morning with my dad after the dump.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

saw that too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

saw that too

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is it too late for me to register my assault weapon pellet rifle?  My magazine taxes are current.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I am a Yuppie.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am a Yuppie.

Old Saybrool way out Yuppies Branford bro... Twice the number of volvos and subarus
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top