Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2014 7:09:15 PM EDT
Anyone experiencing out of state sellers who read the new gun law and refuse to ship to CT? It's getting frustrating. I have linked CCDL website on Assault Weapon (letter by CSP Weapons Unit) stating pre 94 are transferable and the fact that I have FFL willing to accept shipment but seller still refuses.  They write how buyer is responsible to know their own state laws and whether it's legal to own or not, yet take it upon themselves to decide. So why add the disclaimer?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone experiencing out of state sellers who read the new gun law and refuse to ship to CT? It's getting frustrating. I have linked CCDL website on Assault Weapon (letter by CSP Weapons Unit) stating pre 94 are transferable and the fact that I have FFL willing to accept shipment but seller still refuses. They write how buyer is responsible to know their own state laws and whether it's legal to own or not, yet take it upon themselves to decide. So why add the disclaimer?
View Quote

Yup...this pisses me off also.  On Gunbroker I have passed on some items because I am afraid that if I pay for something the seller just might decide he will keep my money based on his understanding of our states laws.

I actually have read listing where the seller has stated just that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Most people and companies I found still ship. Some ask if its legal before shipping but do ship. I don't understand why they won't ship a gun since it's going to a FFL. The ones who won't ship are most likely the ones saying "do not comply". SG Ammo really bums me that they won't ship here. They sell the Golden Tiger ammo that no one else has.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most people and companies I found still ship. Some ask if its legal before shipping but do ship. I don't understand why they won't ship a gun since it's going to a FFL. The ones who won't ship are most likely the ones saying "do not comply". SG Ammo really bums me that they won't ship here. They sell the Golden Tiger ammo that no one else has.
View Quote

My mistake....could of sworn I ordered from them before.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Guns for all! *

* Ban states need not apply

It's ok. Many if not most of the self-proclaimed "patriot" gun owners in so-called "free states" are themselves bootlickers.... don't take it personally.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Guns for all! *

It's ok. Many if not most of the self-proclaimed "patriot" gun owners in so-called "free states" are themselves bootlickers.... don't take it personally.
View Quote

For most of the "won't ship to ct" (or elsewhere types), it's more of a self motivated, non-communicated boycott than any genuine concern about potential liability that they could expose themselves or their customer to.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For most of the "won't ship to ct" (or elsewhere types), it's more of a self motivated, non-communicated boycott than any genuine concern about potential liability that they could expose themselves or their customer to.
View Quote

How many "patriots" have GE kitchen appliances
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guns for all! *

If they were actually principled about the 2A, they would be sending us mags   Not punishing us.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm mainly addressing "used" firearms. I found a few pre 94 on the auction site and decided to sent seller message to let him know I'm in CT, the item was legal to purchase and if he had any problems if I bid. He declined to accept even after "all" the info I provided. Instead of calling FFL I provided, he probably chose a random store in CT that don't want to deal with it and made inquiry.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:37:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I've run into this before. Unless they explicitly state they won't ship to CT in the auction text, I bid first and deal with the hassle after. I've still had a couple refuse to ship mags to the FFL, but no one has refused to complete a transaction after money has been exchanged.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:48:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I've run into this before. Unless they explicitly state they won't ship to CT in the auction text, I bid first and deal with the hassle after. I've still had a couple refuse to ship mags to the FFL, but no one has refused to complete a transaction after money has been exchanged.
View Quote

This. If you bid with reputable sellers, and they don't want to ship (haven't had it happen yet), they should give you your money back. If it's Joe Smith with no seller rating or feedback, run anyway.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is wrong with GE appliances?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe GE's CEO buddies around with Obama.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:11:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're a globalist, nothing
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what brand appliances do I need to buy when I do my kitchen over?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A lot
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot

You can now feel free to buy GE appliances...GE is selling the division
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top