Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 5:26:19 PM EDT
Anyone here use silencershop?  I would have them transfer to JoJos....any opinions?  Or should I just have JoJos find me the can I want?  
What are some experiences?  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]
This guy is an FFL in the Farmington Area. Good guy, I bought a Rifle from him  he was great to deal with. Give him a call see what he has or can get you.

FMJ Customs
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing but positive feedback from me on SilencerShop.  Prices were good, purchasing was easy--the wait was the worst part.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Order online.   File your form 1 while you are waiting for the form 3 to clear.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
What are you looking for? Grayson's has quite a few cans in stock.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:02:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought from Silencer Shop a few weeks back. I used an NFA trust, and the salesman that helped me was Paul Bonelli. He was adequate, the process was simple, and the communication was good. Having said that, I wish I'd used Delta Arsenal, as that would have kept the money local.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:31:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Silencer Shop makes it too easy. I am on my 5th transfer/purchase in 2 months.  F3's to my dealer (Joel Cramer) are taking about a month.  Unless the model you want is local, at your dealer already and the cost is close I would definitely go with Silencer Shop.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:49:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I got mine from Park City Tactical. Got a good price (Just slightly more than silencer shop would have been).

They treated me right and I felt good about keeping the money local.

Check them out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered a can from SS back in May and it took two months to arrive at local shop but I saved couple hundred bucks. The whole process was super duper easy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the input guys and wow didn't know about that FMJ place.  I'll definitely look into them some more.

Well I would have went with silencer shop but the can I want I can't even get from them.
I was deciding between 2 cans.  A surefire socom 556 rc or a KAC NT4.  Well I think the KAC has won so there are fewer places that I can get one.  

I don't know why I got a 762 can first...I have nothing to use it on other than 556
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered a can from SS back in May and it took two months to arrive at local shop but I saved couple hundred bucks. The whole process was super duper easy.
View Quote

Is that just the time it took to get to the shop with no stamp? Or is that the time it took for you to walk out the door with the can?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is that just the time it took to get to the shop with no stamp? Or is that the time it took for you to walk out the door with the can?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like that was just the form 3 time....
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I am still waiting for my form 4.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought my first suppressor from Slicencer shop last fall.  I picked it up two weeks ago.  I had used Joel for the transfer.

Silencer shop gave me a great deal for a YHM QD stainless 556 that nobody could touch in the state.  That included the 100 dollar transfer.  You should still shop around because you have to figure in the cost of the transfer.

Later
James
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This guy is an FFL in the Avon Area. Good guy, I bought a Rifle from him  he was great to deal with. Give him a call see what he has or can get you.

FMJ Customs
View Quote

I didn't know about FMJ. I have just been in contact with them about a transfer. Its nice to have someone local to handle transfers at a reasonable price.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Yea most places I know of are doing class III transfers for 100.   Silencer shop is out for me for this can but good info to know for the future!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#16]
From my shopping experiences., the more expensive the suppressor, the better deal you get.  That means the price to buy the suppressor plus transfer.  Most dealers charge 100 for the first transfer, then 50 for other NFA transfers.

For example, I got my YHM QD ss phantom for 600 bucks after transfer.  I couldn't find the stainless model for under 750 in the state.  Heck Silencer Shop was cheaper then a local regular phantom QD.

Shopping around for 22 suppressors, the cost isn't always there.  Now if I use Joel again, the transfer is 50. This puts 22 suppressors abit more in play because the cost plus transfer can easily beat a local price.

Plus buying online you can get a better variety of suppressors to choose from.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#17]
FTIW.. I hear Delta does NFA transfer for $50.   Haven't called them myself but def worth a call if you can save $50.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:38:00 PM EDT
[#18]
FMJ Customs is great. Just picked up my YHM 30 cal phantom yesterday from Dave.  Great prices and super helpful .   Give him a try..
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
FTIW.. I hear Delta does NFA transfer for $50.   Haven't called them myself but def worth a call if you can save $50.
View Quote

My can is being F3 to Delta now. When I called Marie said the fee is $50.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Check locals first.  You'll get better service.  Especially if it's your first trip to nfa land.  It can be confusing, and lines of communication get lost.  If it's the can they sold you, you can hold the dealer to slightly higher expectations.

Factor in the nfa transfer too if you buy online.   This is at least $50, but usually $100-$150.  

I'm glad to see that there is someone sticking huntertown arms, was curious about them.

JoJo's is an AAC dealer.   Which pretty much meets all of my suppression needs.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for all the info guys.

I ended up going with a Surefire Socom 556 RC in FDE from silencershop.  They just went on sale yesterday so I couldnt pass up on the deal, all said and done Its gonna end up costing me exactly the same as the AAC SDN6, which is pretty unbelievable!

4 stamps in.....a trust would have probably been a good idea  
Honestly about 2 years ago thought 1 sbr and I should be good with NFA stuff.......so I just stuck with individual haha
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Does Delta allow conjugal visits at thier range with your silencer when it is in NFA jail?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#23]
yes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#24]
To put a suppressor on an AR, it has to be on a preban lower, yes? Or can I get one for any AR?

How about pistols?  Any restrictions?  Can I buy threaded barrels for any of my 9mm semi-autos and use one suppressor on any of them?

I'm ready to jump in.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:35:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
To put a suppressor on an AR, it has to be on a preban lower, yes? Or can I get one for any AR?

How about pistols?  Any restrictions?  Can I buy threaded barrels for any of my 9mm semi-autos and use one suppressor on any of them?

I'm ready to jump in.
View Quote

Nope, any AR can have a supressor, pre or postban.  
Pistols are a little different.  You either had to get an AW cert for the pistol because you have a threaded barrel.  Or it has to be preban, then your fine.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Pistols are a little different.  You either had to get an AW cert for the pistol because you have a threaded barrel.  Or it has to be preban, then your fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm ready to jump in.

Wow.  That's excellent!  I thought the AR was out because it counted as a flash hider.  

For the pistols, as long as it was purchased prior to what date?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wow.  That's excellent!  I thought the AR was out because it counted as a flash hider.     For the pistols, as long as it was purchased prior to what date?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm ready to jump in.

Wow.  That's excellent!  I thought the AR was out because it counted as a flash hider.     For the pistols, as long as it was purchased prior to what date?

The whole AR15 AW thing with too many evil features is out the window.  Now if you've registered your rifle with the state it is an AW so it can have all of the features.  

The preban cutoff I think is September 94.  If the pistol was made before then you can add a threaded barrel and supress it.  If it was made after then but you registered the pistol because it has a threaded barrel you can supress it also.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:44:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The whole AR15 AW thing with too many evil features is out the window.  Now if you've registered your rifle with the state it is an AW so it can have all of the features.  

The preban cutoff I think is September 94.  If the pistol was made before then you can add a threaded barrel and supress it.  If it was made after then but you registered the pistol because it has a threaded barrel you can supress it also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm ready to jump in.

Thanks for the info.

I guess my old 92F is my only pistol candidate. It's actually the one I most wanted to suppress any way.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:55:06 AM EDT
[#29]
There's a wait list for the AAC M4-2000.

Any experience with that one?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:01:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Buy it
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Buy it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy it

If I wasn't into the clone thing I would have went with that for a 556 can.

Having said that, I have the sdn6, and would highly recommend it, as most on this board would.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Having said that, I have the sdn6, and would highly recommend it, as most on this board would.
View Quote

That can't be used for 5.56, 300 Blackout and .22lr, can it?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

SDN6 can be used with 300 BLK and 556, as well as 6.8, 6.5, and 308.  Not 22LR though.

If you want only one can for now or ever, then your better off with a 762 can.  

If you know you'll get more cans, go with the caliber you want most right off the bat.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SDN6 can be used with 300 BLK and 556, as well as 6.8, 6.5, and 308.  Not 22LR though.

If you want only one can for now or ever, then your better off with a 762 can.  

If you know you'll get more cans, go with the caliber you want most right off the bat.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:53:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't use it for 22
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:54:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy it

Yeah I'm gonna get one or the cheaper version they have out now

Already got the mounts which are very effective flash hiders.

I've mounted a few M4-2000 you guys own.    Works great!
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:13:17 AM EDT
[#36]
If you are looking at the M4-2000, I would also give a look at the SiCo Saker 556 (or 762).  You can get it with the 51T MAAD module and have more versatility.

Not knocking AAC, I have a SDN6, but since the Saker also supports your mounts it is worth a look (in the M4-2K price range, if you are looking at the 556SD then it is not in the same price ballpark)

EDIT: BUT AAC does have that nice $200 rebate promotion going on right now....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top