Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 6:27:04 AM EDT
Just wanted to give everybody a heads up that CT DMV offices are posted now.

<edit - added "firearms/weapons prohibited" to title... modrapos>
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks

State owner buildings are off limits anyways, so while posted, shouldnt be news
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks

State owner buildings are off limits anyways, so while posted, shouldnt be news
View Quote

That's actually not a correct statement. There is no blanket statutory prohibition against carrying on state property, but rather specific places where carry is banned by statute (eg. capitol, LOB, schools), administrative agency regulation/ policies,  or judicial rules. There is also an executive order which prohibits carry by state employees/contractors/vendors.

Several years ago, there was a failed legislative effort to pass legislation which would have amended 53a-217 to cover schools and DMV locations. DMV is currently acting under 29-28(e), which allows agencies and other individuals to prohibit the carry (of handguns) on their property. [The signage that CT DMV has posted, which cites 29-28(e),  uses broad wording that prohibits all "weapons", and has a gunbuster image of a handgun and knife]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess the State is concerned that someone might shoot one of those rude, obnoxious, DMV Nazis!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Didn't stop me when I got my license renewed and when I registered a new vehicle
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Was at Bridgeport DMV last Thursday and it was posted on the front door, and on a column in front of the first line where you pick up your number.

I had a 5yo with me, and one of the absolute last places I want to be with my family and unarmed is the DMV as I rub elbows with the floatsam and jetsam of society.

Has there ever been a successful lawsuit filed by someone shot in a 'gun free zone' against the authority prohibiting carry in a given place for being responsible for their injury/death due to not being able to defend themselves??
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not worried about the people waiting in line at the DMV.  

It's the people who drive without insurance or registration that bother me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gee Wiz, I thought DWV locations were posted some time ago.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Winsted DMV has been posted for a long time now.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

One place that EVERYONE should carry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One place that EVERYONE should carry.

Right....you might as well be in a Walmart.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#11]
When I was there it was a picture of a knife and loose ammunition... Since I had neither I was fine!        
Quoted:

Didn't stop me when I got my license renewed and when I registered a new vehicle
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Car insurance is just another lawyer driven scam limiting freedom.  I have been forced at gun point by this commie shit hole to pay tens of thousands of dollars over the decades.  Fuck 'em!

Registration is just bullshit government permission to drive a car.  Car taxes are just another stick rammed up my ass by the commies.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Car insurance is just another lawyer driven scam limiting freedom.  I have been forced at gun point by this commie shit hole to pay tens of thousands of dollars over the decades.  Fuck 'em!

Registration is just bullshit government permission to drive a car.  Car taxes are just another stick rammed up my ass by the commies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So...who will pay when you cause an accident in your car and maybe even injure or kill someone due to your negligent driving??

I despise the DMV as everyone else but at least try to be realistic about things.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So...who will pay when you cause an accident in your car and maybe even injure or kill someone due to your negligent driving??

I despise the DMV as everyone else but at least try to be realistic about things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just don't create joinder
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom has its costs.  I prefer freedom, but I can't leave this commie shit hole.  If I could I'd be gone in a heart beat.  I tasted freedom in my past, but I made the serious mistake of returning here 30 years ago.  God I fucking hate Connecticut!

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#16]
yeah. sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top