Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Guess I should call, nothing yet and I sent them in on the 29th.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guess I should call, nothing yet and I sent them in on the 29th.
View Quote

And they won't until you pay your magazine tax
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Sent mine on Dec. 27th, nothing yet.
Got mag receipt 2 months ago.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Submitted mine the last possible day and just got my papers today.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Sent mine in last day and still waiting, got my mag cert a couple/few months back.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Mailed mine around Dec 20 and just got them in NH the other day.  There was a handwritten note in the envelope that someone tried to call me at my old CT number but could not reach me. Strange.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:14:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I filled out all my forms and had them notorized, fingerprinted, etc....same thing with my high cap mags. Went up to the DPS like a week before Christmas, got my mag page back in 3 weeks and got all consecutive numbered registration for my ban weapons in February. My list was quite lengthy too, I was surprised I got them back so quickly.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#8]
12/17 and just got the forms back for my AW's.... mag form came in awhile back...
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Both father and I sent AW and mag forms in on 12/30 certified mail w/ signature. I got my mag forms about 4 months ago, but neither of us has gotten anything on AW yet.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Sent in around 12/25-12/28, just got AW forms Saturday. Although they did not return forms for two pistols and two homemades out of a total of 25+ forms. There were two missing numbers in the stack. I guess I should call.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Sent my stuff 12/30/13

Recieved magazine papers months ago, still nothing for AW
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I havent' received a damn thing yet. Sent in towards the end of December certified mail.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I finally got mine about a week ago.  Guess they were busy!

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Were?
I think they still are busy.
Those TPS reports take a lot of time to fill out....
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Give them a call.

I know more than a few people who have not received all of their forms even though they were submitted at the same time.  Heck, one member on here sent in well over a dozen forms in the same envelope as his brother and he got all of his certificates back while the brother only got back 1 (submitted several)... not to mention the approved stack had multiple home builds approved as well as threaded barrels and "conversion devices"

Sometimes it seems like DPS stutters on their approvals just to mimic Malloy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sent in around 12/25-12/28, just got AW forms Saturday. Although they did not return forms for two pistols and two homemades out of a total of 25+ forms. There were two missing numbers in the stack. I guess I should call.

Give them a call.

I know more than a few people who have not received all of their forms even though they were submitted at the same time.  Heck, one member on here sent in well over a dozen forms in the same envelope as his brother and he got all of his certificates back while the brother only got back 1 (submitted several)... not to mention the approved stack had multiple home builds approved as well as threaded barrels and "conversion devices"

Sometimes it seems like DPS stutters on their approvals just to mimic Malloy

That's weird cause I tried registering a barrel too and also didn't get that one back with them. I'll try calling Monday and see what they say.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Woo-Hoo!  Just received my certs today!  The State received them on 30 Dec.   Now the State knows exactly where to come for my guns and mags when the Democrats pass even more restrictive gun laws after the elections in Nov!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Still no certs yet..
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Still waiting as well as my father. He hasn't even gotten mag deceleration.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Sent mine on 12/30 and still nothing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#21]
This is what happens when you forget the cover sheet.  

Somebody needs a copy of the memo.

Quoted:

Were?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were?

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:22:37 AM EDT
[#22]
CT is giving the ATF a run for its money with these wait times
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:26:36 AM EDT
[#25]
I was specifically denied for a threaded barrel registration.

I was even contacted directly by a Sgt to clarify the certificate submission.

He then said he had to check with their lawyers.  Called back and said they wouldn't do it, and sent me my registration form back.  Then he got all cop-like and started questioning why I would still have the barrel, etc, etc.

wat now?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:24:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He then said he had to check with their lawyers.  Called back and said they wouldn't do it, and sent me my registration form back.  Then he got all cop-like and started questioning why I would still have the barrel, etc, etc.

wat now?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:24:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Matt, I don't get it what is the basis for turning you down?

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:29:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

wat now?
View Quote

I  will take it and dispose of it properly
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
wat now?
View Quote

Hide the dog...
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because it's a part, not a gun.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So why didn't you register the host?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:30:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because if one has several hosts they'd have to register them all if one wanted to use a barrel in each individual host. The other reason is if the threaded barrel is for a handgun. If one registers the handgun as an AW its possible they may not be able to legally carry it even if they remove the barrel (as the gun is still registered in the state's database as an AW).

Edit to add: Because of the way the stupid part portion of law is written if one has several individual hosts of the same model but one threaded barrel, then technically it could be argued each host is an AW because of the part.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#33]
That's BS, the only pistol that should be classified as an AW is the one with the serial number on the paperwork (unless you put the barrel on the wrong one). I see where you arguement would come into play though. FDM
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That's BS, the only pistol that should be classified as an AW is the one with the serial number on the paperwork (unless you put the barrel on the wrong one). I see where you arguement would come into play though. FDM
View Quote

Of course its BS. But there are instances where one may have a threaded barrel on a preban handgun and have the same model post ban handgun. One isn't required to register the preban so there is no AW paperwork to put a serial number onto. If one takes the barrel out of the preban and put it in the post ban they have, technically, just created an AW. Again the stupid law can be interpreted a variety of ways:

(F) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in any provision of subparagraphs (B) to (E), inclusive, of this subdivision, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in any provision of subparagraphs (B) to (E), inclusive, of this subdivision, may be assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;

In reality the chances of being arrested for the "part" is probably slim. But the chance is there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#35]
So can we PLEASE start the revolution NOW?!?!

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So can we PLEASE start the revolution NOW?!?!

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sold it.

Couldn't sell it with the barrel.  That would be transfer of an AW.

I wanted to register it because if I ever bought the type of gun the barrel went to again in the future, I would automatically be guilty of constructive intent .

Whatever.  Fuck it.   The barrel is history.   It's long gone now.  I'll just buy a preban and put a threaded barrel and can on it if this is how the game is played.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'll just buy a preban and put a threaded barrel and can on it if this is how the game is played.
View Quote

That's what I did with my nice Stag Arms (3 of them), Noveske and Colt lower receivers. Traded or sold them and got all PWA prebans and gave a personal "Fuck You" to the cry-baby gun grabbers.

I own way more black rifles than I otherwise would have, if they simply left the gun laws alone. Out of spite, I became what they fear most.

Working on getting a couple of cans for them, as icing on the cake.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#39]
^^did the same thing^^

FDM
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That's what I did with my nice Stag Arms (3 of them), Noveske and Colt lower receivers. Traded or sold them and got all PWA prebans and gave a personal "Fuck You" to the cry-baby gun grabbers.

I own way more black rifles than I otherwise would have, if they simply left the gun laws alone. Out of spite, I became what they fear most.

except ...............they already know who you are, have assessed your threat level and are wiling to kill your dog and wife in the name "america"
sell dogs and divorce immediately!!!!!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll just buy a preban and put a threaded barrel and can on it if this is how the game is played.

except ...............they already know who you are, have assessed your threat level and are wiling to kill your dog and wife in the name "america"
sell dogs and divorce immediately!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too. A bunch of pre bans, a bunch of registered ones too. 4 LR308 lowers. I just bought 2 Norinco AKs. I have 2 suppressors in jail and plan to buy a 3rd before the year is over. Fuck the governor and his BS.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Actually, I just sold a really nice pre-ban Gen 2 Glock 17 that I was going To use as a suppressor host.

I'll get another host when I can commit to a new pistol silencer.  Thinking Beretta 92FS.   I'm going to be a geek and want to maximize suppression and weight so the beretta without a recoil booster is speaking to me.

FDM. cant stop us now. Look at what your short-sightedness and estrogen-laced hysterical urgency to "do-something " has done.  Exactly what you had hoped to destroy.  A well defined class of very naughty arms avaliable to the masses
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Can The governor sign a Form 4?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually, I just sold a really nice pre-ban Gen 2 Glock 17 that I was going To use as a suppressor host.

I'll get another host when I can commit to a new pistol silencer.  Thinking Beretta 92FS.   I'm going to be a geek and want to maximize suppression and weight so the beretta without a recoil booster is speaking to me.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb186/kaboom63021/kposii.jpg

Nice!

But I think it attaches to the acc rail, so gen 2's are out

The folding stock advertised over on everydaynodaysoff would work on pre-ban gen2's tho
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#46]
2 out of 8 AW certs showed up today.. Hmmm...
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
2 out of 8 AW certs showed up today.. Hmmm...
View Quote

Conndjc
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#48]
I called the state on Friday, since I still have not seen anything from them.  I was told that there were about 6000 more to go.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for sharing. FDM

I got mag deceleration but no AW papers, opposite for my father. We both mailed in the last day/days.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Holy shit!  They're still processing these things?  Just another reason it's a good thing very few people chose to register.  If everyone did, it would have taken them 10 years to process all of the forms.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top