Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes he is a hell of a nice guy-
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NUcadet helped me out he is in Stratford. Great guy!

Stratford is a hell of a drive for me as I'm in Manchester area but if he would be willing to help me out I might be able to take a ride down one day
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Cool thanks, I'm sure I'll have no issues with threading the barrel. I do lost of tap & die stuff at work. Now I just need to get my hands on a shop press and threader.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's half of what they're going for on EE is that site GTG?

ETA: do I need the retainer pins and detent or will the ones off my mak work?

Apex is definitely gtg.  I bought everything on that page from them when I did mine.  Apex is good for older retro ar stuff and ak parts.  

You need the spring and detent to hold your muzzle brake in place on the end of the barrel.  Ak is different than the ar in that way...you don't use torque, you use the detent and spring. I would get the fsb pins just in case anything happen to yours when you remove them.  It's very likely you won't need them though.

thanks bending, I will also need to thread my barrel for the muzzle break correct?

No problem, and yea you do.  I didn't have to do mine though, so I have no experience with that.  JZee did his though, so he can probably help you there.

Cool thanks, I'm sure I'll have no issues with threading the barrel. I do lost of tap & die stuff at work. Now I just need to get my hands on a shop press and threader.

I have the handle, die and alignment tool...message me and I'll help you out.
ETA: Mike the barrel to make sure you have enough meat on it and let me know what it is.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm located in Enfield have a press that I used to build my AK74 on.

Quoted:

Stratford is a hell of a drive for me as I'm in Manchester area but if he would be willing to help me out I might be able to take a ride down one day
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NUcadet helped me out he is in Stratford. Great guy!

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

ETA: Mike the barrel to make sure you have enough meat on it and let me know what it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

IM sentsent

Barrel is .548(9)~

Quoted:

Cool man thanks! I go up to Enfield quite a bit to hang out one of my buddies. Once I have the stuff I can let you know when I'm in the area.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

IM sentsent

Barrel is .548(9)~

Cool man thanks! I go up to Enfield quite a bit to hang out one of my buddies. Once I have the stuff I can let you know when I'm in the area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM sentsent

Barrel is .548(9)~

Quoted:

.550 and up is where you want to be for a 14x1 LH
I don't think you'll have an issue at .549
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the die for threading the barrel coming. Plan to do mine once I get it. I am glad to help thread once I receive it. I am in Stafford Springs.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the die for threading the barrel coming. Plan to do mine once I get it. I am glad to help thread once I receive it. I am in Stafford Springs.
View Quote

Your avatar looked....familiar...Are we trying to buy the same one on EE?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I just picked up mine from delta. It's a square receiver. " />
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just picked up mine from delta. It's a square receiver. http:// <a href=http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a593/tima1970/20141110_211624_zpsviyqlsax.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Nice, now throw that stock in the fireplace
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just picked up mine from delta. It's a square receiver. http:// <a href=http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a593/tima1970/20141110_211624_zpsviyqlsax.jpg</a>" />

you got that right. I'm gonna try it out this weekend. Can't wait . Thinking sidefolder, slant break and not sure what else .
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Spiker definetly spiker.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks like the guy sold it to you even though I pmed him first. Oh well. Worked out better. I found a USA not chinese made die for $18 and the starter for $8 and tap handle I already own. So glad the EE seller sold to you.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 6:50:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Spiker definetly spiker.
View Quote

I like that idea. I gotta get a different dust cover this has a rail on the top .
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I like that idea. I gotta get a different dust cover this has a rail on the top .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spiker definetly spiker.

Looks good!
Look for a smooth top cover, if you want to stick with the traditional Chinese AK look.

You mind taking a pic of the top cover with the rail? I may be interested if your looking to get rid of it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Looks good!
Look for a smooth top cover, if you want to stick with the traditional Chinese AK look.

You mind taking a pic of the top cover with the rail? I may be interested if your looking to get rid of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spiker definetly spiker.

Looks good!

I'll post a pic tonight  I just left
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It looks like the guy sold it to you even though I pmed him first. Oh well. Worked out better. I found a USA not chinese made die for $18 and the starter for $8 and tap handle I already own. So glad the EE seller sold to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's great! I don't have any of the stuff for a die kit so I needed everything. Sorry about that, hope I didn't step on your toes. If you want to get together in a week or 2 John and I should be threading our barrels.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#18]
No worries man. I just am annoyed that the seller sold it out from under me when I was the first one to PM him. However it is his sale and he can sell to whom he wants. Actually it worked out in the end. Just doing business like that is not good for your reputation. Anyway I am glad it went to someone behind enemy lines.

I am now considering having my barrels threaded on a lathe. Then if I decide to use my suppressor on them I wont have to worry about baffle strikes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 9:59:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No worries man. I just am annoyed that the seller sold it out from under me when I was the first one to PM him. However it is his sale and he can sell to whom he wants. Actually it worked out in the end. Just doing business like that is not good for your reputation. Anyway I am glad it went to someone behind enemy lines.

I am now considering having my barrels threaded on a lathe. Then if I decide to use my suppressor on them I wont have to worry about baffle strikes.
View Quote

If you are planning on supressing, a lathe is probably a much better option. Did you see JZee's post about "meat" left on the barrel? Have you mic'd it yet?
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been thinking about it, but I dont know if its worth it or not.

I'd also be looking to remove the thumbhole stock and install an under-folding stock if its possible. I know there is a difference between the flat/slant cut receivers, but I dont know if it matters for an under folding stock install.

I have no 7.62x39 ammo-but its cheaper than 5.56 so thats a plus.

The only other two firearms I have interest in are bolt action and a revolver, so I dont see any threats against those in the near future.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about it, but I dont know if its worth it or not.

I'd also be looking to remove the thumbhole stock and install an under-folding stock if its possible. I know there is a difference between the flat/slant cut receivers, but I dont know if it matters for an under folding stock install.

I have no 7.62x39 ammo-but its cheaper than 5.56 so thats a plus.

The only other two firearms I have interest in are bolt action and a revolver, so I dont see any threats against those in the near future.
View Quote

I just bought my first mak after being on the fence for awhile and I have one piece of advice to offer....

DO IT!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Got mine last night
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Got mine last night
View Quote

You were at Delta yesterday?

@tbr , yes I did measure my barrel I am good to go.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#24]
yes around 615 somewhat fat guy with a arfcom hat on.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was there around 4pm to fill out paperwork for my suppressor. I was on my way home by 4:30.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm very happy with it. Wish I had two jobs still. i,d be buying constantly. oh well hind sight is 20/20. .
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I was there around 4pm to fill out paperwork for my suppressor. I was on my way home by 4:30.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah i was hoping to get out earlier but i managed to get there in time. i dont miss the commute to meriden, i forgot what it was like.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

several dust covers on EE

Also, if you are in the hartford county area and would like help debanning it let me know, I am in the process of getting the tools and parts for the project, along with a few other arfcommers in my area. I'm no ak expert but thee guys are very helpful here and have lead me in the right direction on how to go about doing it, other then that it's nothing alittle YouTube can't help with.

Congrats on the mak 90!
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 7:10:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Keep me on that list for build party. I am in somers and 99.9 done just have 4 pins that need to be pressed into the gas block and front site block. Plus I need a vice as my front handguard is being a real b!tch to get on(hogue rubber grip). I need to find some cheep wood.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Keep me on that list for build party. I am in somers and 99.9 done just have 4 pins that need to be pressed into the gas block and front site block. Plus I need a vice as my front handguard is being a real b!tch to get on(hogue rubber grip). I need to find some cheep wood.
View Quote

Will do, I have a chinese wood hand grip, if that's what you are looking for, for sale if that will keep you at the 922r count.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#31]
99.8% done.
Need to switch up pistol grip maybe for some wood. In between the hogue or wood handguard. Needing some blue steel as I beat it up pretty good.

Or

The before neutered.

Thank you guys as I couldn't have done it with out all of your help!
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
99.8% done.
Need to switch up pistol grip maybe for some wood. In between the hogue or wood handguard. Needing some blue steel as I beat it up pretty good.
<a href="http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/toadyrock/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-11.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc515/toadyrock/Mobile%20Uploads/image-11.jpg</a>
Or
<a href="http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/toadyrock/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-10.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc515/toadyrock/Mobile%20Uploads/image-10.jpg</a>
The before neutered.
<a href="http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/toadyrock/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc515/toadyrock/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg</a>
Thank you guys as I couldn't have done it with out all of your help!
View Quote

meyer just shit his pants, job well done toady
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Loving the wood thanks  to TBR1806!
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks great man!  And yea the wood is where it's at!
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:30:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks great man!
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Looks great man!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks great man!

Toady, are you telling us that Tbr gave you wood?

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#37]
It wouldn't be the CTHTF if someone didn't! Everyone always willing to lend a hand
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Looks good with the wood!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Joining the club soon.  Saw one in PA was priced a little high.  Seeing another today in PA.  Priced a little high.  May try to talk him down because of the mags.  2 30s and a 70 drum.

Watching GB all the time.  Waiting
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#40]
So I may be getting a Krink that's built on a pre ban Chinese receiver. What might a good price be for such a thing?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Ask Sardo I think he has one for sale
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Any sources for an AK-47 front swivel ? Something that could be added after the gasblock and front site has been added?
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Any sources for an AK-47 front swivel ? Something that could be added after the gasblock and front site has been added?
View Quote

What a pain in the ass that was...
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Thank god for the Dremel!
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Folks, be careful buying pre ban AKs. Tonight I spoke to a gentleman who was trying to sell what he believed was a Hungarian pre ban AK. What he was actually selling was a WASR 10/63 that had a 1976 dated trunion. He got screwed by another party whom he bought the gun from and is now on the hook for it while being in possession of an illegal AW, he also did paperwork with the state on this gun when he bought it so don't ever assume the state will tell you if you're doing an illegal transfer...

If you're out of your element, find someone knowledgeable with AKs and ask them first, there's quite a few of us here who are happy to help and it's now clear there are people trying to pass of post ban guns to unknowing buyers here in CT,
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Folks, be careful buying pre ban AKs. Tonight I spoke to a gentleman who was trying to sell what he believed was a Hungarian pre ban AK. What he was actually selling was a WASR 10/63 that had a 1976 dated trunion. He got screwed by another party whom he bought the gun from and is now on the hook for it while being in possession of an illegal AW, he also did paperwork with the state on this gun when he bought it so don't ever assume the state will tell you if you're doing an illegal transfer...

If you're out of your element, find someone knowledgeable with AKs and ask them first, there's quite a few of us here who are happy to help and it's now clear there are people trying to pass of post ban guns to unknowing buyers here in CT,
View Quote

be careful for third holes too....
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:23:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have more than 3 holes
What's the problem?
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What's the problem?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the problem?

i may or may not have known a person to get an AK that had a third hole in it

problem was solved though
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:46:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the problem?

I aint talking about AK's
I am talking about fill able holes
hence the momo face
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

hence the momo face
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the problem?

hence the momo face

it was fillable, just not your style of filling holes
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top