Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks good Zerg!
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool bender, more details.

Strange looking mount and scope, what are they?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Great photo as always Bendy. What's going on with that spring on the bipod?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 7:22:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bending_rodriguez] [#7]
Thanks guys

It's a PA 1-6x scope with one of their mounts.

I've had this setup for a while but never used it because it's a 16" BCM SOCOM profile barrel=extremely heavy!  I just added the Harris bipod with the ARMS mount in preparation for the extended range.

I noticed that weird "glitch" immediately zeg! Haha

The hook that the spring attaches to is very narrow when looked at at that angle.  Add that with the lighting and my love of blown out(overexposed) photography and you get washed out thin parts=phantom springs! Lol

ETA:It's really a shame what tinypic.com does to the quality of my pics.  They look much cleaner/clearer before they're uploaded!
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Bender, I just want you to take pictures of my guns. You could make a little scratch and get to play with more guns.

My newest obsession.
Battlefield Green Glock 19 Trijicon RM06 milled by ATEi
Next comes the grip mods but I'm indecisive as hell who I want to have do it. Current clubhouse leaders are Anthony Cart-a-something or Boresight Solutions.

Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:
Thanks guys

It's a PA 1-6x scope with one of their mounts.

I've had this setup for a while but never used it because it's a 16" BCM SOCOM profile barrel=extremely heavy!  I just added the Harris bipod with the ARMS mount in preparation for the extended range.

I noticed that weird "glitch" immediately zeg! Haha

The hook that the spring attaches to is very narrow when looked at at that angle.  Add that with the lighting and my love of blown out(overexposed) photography and you get washed out thin parts=phantom springs! Lol

ETA:It's really a shame what tinypic.com does to the quality of my pics.  They look much cleaner/clearer before they're uploaded!
View Quote
Funny you mentioned your style. I was going to comment that the pic is a stop or two overexposed and you blew out the highlights but you already knew that.

Nice gun but why the A1 stock vs. an A2? Stubby arms?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By edgephoto:
Funny you mentioned your style. I was going to comment that the pic is a stop or two overexposed and you blew out the highlights but you already knew that.

Nice gun but why the A1 stock vs. an A2? Stubby arms?
View Quote
A1 grip too, I'm guessing it was a preban lower setup.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:27:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnsMyName] [#11]
Originally Posted By Mikehikes:
Bender, I just want you to take pictures of my guns. You could make a little scratch and get to play with more guns.

My newest obsession.
Battlefield Green Glock 19 Trijicon RM06 milled by ATEi
Next comes the grip mods but I'm indecisive as hell who I want to have do it. Current clubhouse leaders are Anthony Cart-a-something or Boresight Solutions.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah189/thectsentinel/6665ae748635c407cf2ee1bed2c0480e_zpsvjnlwodm.jpg

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah189/thectsentinel/b96bd3c3d633256064e1dd99fff68c3c_zpsyngwm9xe.jpg
View Quote
Nice little setup Mike. Haven't seen you post in awhile. Still hitting any matches?

ETA: Not sure of who's who with stippling, I do my own mediocre hack jobs. I heard the guy at Delta is good, but I'm sure you know about him.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:32:45 AM EDT
[#12]
few guys in texas to some insane work for stippling.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:36:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:

Nice little setup Mike. Haven't seen you post in awhile. Still hitting any matches?

ETA: Not sure of who's who with stippling, I do my own mediocre hack jobs. I heard the guy at Delta is good, but I'm sure you know about him.
View Quote
I think I got to hit maybe 2 matches last year. Nothing yet this year. Life's busier than ever. My second son is 7 moths old and we've been working mandatory overtime at work for 6 months now with no end in sight.

I'm looking for matches I can do on Sundays because I'm working every Saturday morning right now.

As for the stipple, this is going to be the pretty gun, on my other 19 I'm about to do a hack job myself.

I had a 17 of mine done by Tom at Battlewerx (out of delta) he did a nice job, but I'm looking for something different. And last I knew he got out of stippling due the the amount of milling he's doing. Same story with Mad Pig, too much cerakote awesomeness to burn the plastic.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:39:13 AM EDT
[#14]
check this guy out

here
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:13:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CTjer] [#15]

USPSA match up at Granby yesterday.  

Checked out that 1,000yd range after.   Awesome.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#16]
You noticed edge
For years I loved the way Saving Private Ryan looked, just didn't know why.  It would be Steven speilbergs choice or it's his director of photography but either way one of them likes their films to look overexposed and desaturated.  SPR has this look as well as a lot of SP's films from that time period up to a few years ago.

I've always loved photos that are done like this, even though it's somewhat considered an error, but I guess when it's on purpose it's considered "art" lol.

Anytime Mike! I love taking photos of firearms!
I love the look of that 19 with the rmr, you carrying it like that?

John, and edge......nope I went far out of my way to find that type D stock, I actually bought multiple until I chose this one.  All of my AR's except for 1 have a1 grips as well.  This lower is my only NON sbr'd lower so it is setup for my m16a1 clone primarily but it also shares this other long upper.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#17]
The grip is new....
This one was hand carved to the '28 profile from an m1 grip(which fits the semi auto lowers).  SOOO much more comfortable, and increases control tremendously.

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#18]
THAT is a fucking awesome photo/gun.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Bender,

Yea this is the current carry piece. I'm pretty much in love with it.

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#20]
You noticed edge
For years I loved the way Saving Private Ryan looked, just didn't know why.  It would be Steven speilbergs choice or it's his director of photography but either way one of them likes their films to look overexposed and desaturated.  SPR has this look as well as a lot of SP's films from that time period up to a few years ago.

I've always loved photos that are done like this, even though it's somewhat considered an error, but I guess when it's on purpose it's considered "art" lol.

Anytime Mike! I love taking photos of firearms!
I love the look of that 19 with the rmr, you carrying it like that?

John, and edge......nope I went far out of my way to find that type D stock, I actually bought multiple until I chose this one.  All of my AR's except for 1 have a1 grips as well.  This lower is my only NON sbr'd lower so it is setup for my m16a1 clone primarily but it also shares this other long upper.
View Quote
I usually like my stuff to be spot on but that is the OCD in me making things perfect.

Funny how movies/TV shows about WWII and older are always very desaturated and a bit washed out. SciFi stuff is oversaturated and flashbacks usually have a color cast.

You photography of stills is excellent. The white seamless really makes the guns pop.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#21]
The grip is new....
This one was hand carved to the '28 profile from an m1 grip(which fits the semi auto lowers).  SOOO much more comfortable, and increases control tremendously.
View Quote
Nice Thompson!

I've been thinking of SBRing mine to make it into your configuration!

Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JeepinMaxx:
Nice Thompson!

I've been thinking of SBRing mine to make it into your configuration!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/JeepinMaxx/2A/Tommy_zpsbl8mmla5.jpg
View Quote
Do it! They need to be SBR'ed IMO, doesn't look right other wise. Lightening the front makes them feel so much better too.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#23]
those are some good looking tommys
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks again guys!

And yea jeepin....NEEDS to be done.
Like John said, fully transforms it back to what it is supposed to be.  Feels completely different from the 16".

Mike- that is an awesome carry setup!
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Might as well continue the theme

Recently changed out the stamped trigger guard for this milled guard.

Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Still waiting for the deck materials to come in. I thought, well, I'll just change the oil. LOL. I can't wait for this winter. I'm just trying to enjoy it for what it is this summer, once the weather starts to turn she's gonna get totally broken down and rebuilt over the next two years. I want it to be 100% showcar status, 4-500hp maybe, but the real priority is for it to be meticulously clean.

Attachment Attached File

I found out the previous owner had the wrong coolant and decided I'd flush it. Saw some stuff I didn't like behind the radiator and so it begins. Changing out the plastic "crackpipe" (coolant pipe nicknamed for always cracking), for an aluminum one, aluminum radiator neck, and replaced the oil filter housing gasket, oil cooler inner and outer gaskets, thermostat gaskets and some others. Also replaced the clutch slave and master cylinders and cleaned up a little while I was in there, too. Fuel filter is next, and steering fluid flush. She should be back on the road by this weekend.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:
Still waiting for the deck materials to come in. I thought, well, I'll just change the oil. LOL. I can't wait for this winter. I'm just trying to enjoy it for what it is this summer, once the weather starts to turn she's gonna get totally broken down and rebuilt over the next two years. I want it to be 100% showcar status, 4-500hp maybe, but the real priority is for it to be meticulously clean.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/IMG-1043-205864.JPG

I found out the previous owner had the wrong coolant and decided I'd flush it. Saw some stuff I didn't like behind the radiator and so it begins. Changing out the plastic "crackpipe" (coolant pipe nicknamed for always cracking), for an aluminum one, aluminum radiator neck, and replaced the oil filter housing gasket, oil cooler inner and outer gaskets, thermostat gaskets and some others. Also replaced the clutch slave and master cylinders and cleaned up a little while I was in there, too. Fuel filter is next, and steering fluid flush. She should be back on the road by this weekend.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/IMG-1045-205899.JPG
View Quote
All this just to mount that Euro plate?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
I support that decision. 
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Cast iron deliciousness...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Would smash
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:05:08 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

That one got me good this morning.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:
Cast iron deliciousness...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/208159/image-206018.JPG
View Quote
Damn that looks awesome.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Zeg I like he shade tree work. I was never into the euro scene, what does it take to get a vr6 to 400-500 hp? Procharger/big a$$ turbo? thought hose were N/A motors. Is the vr6 awd? 400 horse is a lot to deal with in a little car like that. Feel free to school me on all things euro. I got the vette motor all buttoned up and running about a week and a half ago, forgot how fun it was to drive.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Iraq_Vet_SSG:
Zeg I like he shade tree work. I was never into the euro scene, what does it take to get a vr6 to 400-500 hp? Procharger/big a$ turbo? thought hose were N/A motors. Is the vr6 awd? 400 horse is a lot to deal with in a little car like that. Feel free to school me on all things euro. I got the vette motor all buttoned up and running about a week and a half ago, forgot how fun it was to drive.
View Quote
That's awesome, we need some pics!

It is NA and front wheel drive. The VR came stock with around 200 hp (190iirc), it doesn't take much to get it up in the high 300-4 range. The problem is getting the rest of the old motor to handle it, lol. That's why I want to do a full tear down, so I can basically start over. I'll get her bored over from 2.8 to 2.9, port and polish, larger oil cooler, turbo (but not huge), cams, chip & tune etc. It needs new everything for me to be confident in it. All new coolant hoses and plastics, every new seal and bushing etc. Besides that, it will be soooo clean!

I also want to delete the AC and ABS to clean up the engine bay and lose weight.

Then the biggest thing is getting a Limited Slip Differential so she can put it to the pavement. The cars are so light, the power to weight is great. I had a GTI VR6 with an LSD in college that I used to actually race. It would really get people scratching their heads. I was a kid so I couldn't really afford to keep up with it. Everyone was doing this or that to gain hp, I just did the LSD, lightened flywheel and an exhaust/chip teenager stuff. I would chirp third gear on occasion, it was a blast

The cars are so light, the power to weight ratio is great.

The fastest I've ever been in a car actually was in a VR6. It wasn't mine, and it was swapped into a 1990 (mk2) GTI and turboed. Got up to 160 so fast I almost puked. It was fucking awesome.

New aluminum crackpipe is in and I cleaned up the gunk on the parts I replaced seals in a little. Took her down the road today, seems ok.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#36]
This is like my favorite car video ever.

Exotic street race interrupted by surprise sleeper car
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#37]
This is like my favorite car video ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE5x9vlb0ss
View Quote
Haha, that's great. I found a bunch of others from watching that. One was a Euro box car with over 1k hp!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:43:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnsMyName] [#38]
This is the best thread on Arfcom. We need more pics!!

ETA: Here's one, crappy iPhone pic is all I have at the moment.
Attachment Attached File

Another
Attachment Attached File

A few Friday's ago after work, must have been a sign.
Attachment Attached File

Science
Attachment Attached File

Good things happened that night.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:44:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zegermanznew] [#39]
Ahaha ha liquor rainbow

I got no more pics. I'll try and do or see something cool soon.

Zeke: "Y'all some weird lookin dogs".
Goats: "That's a good lookin goat".
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#40]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/IMG-1060-208061.JPG
View Quote
Lmao!
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Ahaha ha liquor rainbow

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/IMG-1060-208061.JPG
View Quote
You sure Zeke isn't asking them what it is like being ISIS sex slaves?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
Pretty sure he's wondering how he can get through that gate to make them HIS sex slaves.

Here's some super exciting shit, just for you John.

Before
Attachment Attached File

After
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:40:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Pretty sure he's wondering how he can get through that gate to make them HIS sex slaves.

Before
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/IMG-1066-208544.JPG

After
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/IMG-1067-208545.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Before
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/IMG-1066-208544.JPG

After
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/IMG-1067-208545.JPG
That's pretty impressive, what method and/or chemicals did you use?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:17:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Just a wire wheel on a cordless drill.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
Silly engineers, that's insulation.

Whatcha wiring?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Just a wire wheel on a cordless drill.
View Quote
Ever try electrolysis?
Stupid simple. Most likely, you already have everything you need.
That bolt would be rust free in <10min and all you had to do was hook a wire to it and drop it in a bucket of water
Check it out, well worth your time
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#49]

Whatcha wiring?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Whatcha wiring?
just an outlet for new air conditioning. not a big deal other then crawling around in this tight attic.

way more time will be spent up there in the dead of summer when im re doing our kitchen
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Biker......that's where I spend my summers......
Have fun!

I actually just came out of an attic today that we started.   It's about 3 ft tall at the highest point.  

At least that blown in white stuff is not fiberglass! It's a pain to work in anyways.
Page / 164
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top