Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Jockey socks?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By nutter:

Jockey socks?
View Quote

Yup! Very comfy and they go with my strap!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jeffopt44:

Yes! Spools are cool.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268057/IMG-4094-150378.JPG
View Quote

That came out nice. Better not let me SO see this picture or she'll make me do it hahaha
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:

That came out nice. Better not let me SO see this picture or she'll make me do it hahaha
View Quote

Thanks. It was a group effort. I saw them at a local store for up to $400, I think I spent $60ish.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#11]
What does it say, under 12 o'clock, in the inner ring? The Hour hand is slightly in the way.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#12]
It's our last name, 2007 year we got hitched. After finishing the clock, I realized I should have used the other side, the smaller circle limited the size of the lettering. Oh well, maybe on the next one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Did the lil guy do all the burning?
If so, he did a great job. It's pretty even.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#14]
They both did. They practiced on the other half first. Quick learners! Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Picked up a Mec Sizemaster in 12ga along with a few pounds of shot at auction.  What is nice about his press, you can change out the die set.  One of these days, I'd love to own a S&W Governor, so being able to load 410 would be a plus.

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By inmyshadow:
Picked up a Mec Sizemaster in 12ga along with a few pounds of shot at auction.  What is nice about his press, you can change out the die set.  One of these days, I'd love to own a S&W Governor, so being able to load 410 would be a plus.
View Quote

I gave a mec press away
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#17]
MEC shotgun, Dillon progressive, RCBS single stage... 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Smoked prime rib on Weber s670
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bikerman9967:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVb47P3hep4
View Quote

I can't stop watching that.  It's mesmerizing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Thanks. It was a group effort. I saw them at a local store for up to $400, I think I spent $60ish.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268057/IMG-3919-150491.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268057/IMG-3912-150490.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268057/IMG-3919-150491.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268057/IMG-3912-150490.JPG

Bet you can make some serious cash one summer day selling those at The Elephant Trunk Flea Market !!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:48:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zegermanznew] [#21]
Originally Posted By 19Cohiba75:

Bet you can make some serious cash one summer day selling those at The Elephant Trunk Flea Market !!!!!
View Quote

Lol. Those would actually probably sell well.

The SO and I went down there last summer because she likes that show that goes there. Maybe it was better before the show but it seemed like everyone got the wild idea they could spray paint a piece of shit $5 chair or table as-is and try selling it for $100.

Attachment Attached File

I did get a decent big ass Morgan Vice. Same thing, though. Guy was selling it for $60, I told him I'd give him $20. He says "look at it, it's practically mint". I said, "I did look at it, I'm not an idiot. You spray painted it black and didn't even bother to remove any of the dirt or grime first." He gave it to me for $25.

Was definitely not worth the drive from Tolland. I wasn't leaving without something for my time, though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#22]

The SO and I went down there last summer because she likes that show that goes there. Maybe it was better before the show but it seemed like everyone got the wild idea they could spray paint a piece of shit $5 chair or table as-is and try selling it for $100.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/image-155277.JPG
I did get a decent big ass Morgan Vice. Same thing, though. Guy was selling it for $60, I told him I'd give him $20. He says "look at it, it's practically mint". I said, "I did look at it, I'm not an idiot. You spray painted it black and didn't even bother to remove any of the dirt or grime first." He gave it to me for $25.

Was definitely not worth the drive from Tolland. I wasn't leaving without something for my time, though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 19Cohiba75:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/image-155277.JPG

I go once or twice a month to walk around and check out the scenery. People travel from all surrounding states and drop some hefty cash at this place !!! Early bird entry is like 20 bucks Brings back memories of things from my youth like the Jarts (lawn darts) I seen last summer for 10 bucks, almost bought them but decided against it with my lil nephews I have
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:28:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gordo556] [#23]
finally got all my pieces for my new build and i finished it today,
i built the upper on my preban pwa lower i bought a couple years ago.

used aeroshell 33ms for barrel-upper grease

BCM upper
BCM BFH ELW 16" barrel
BCM low pro gas block+tube
SLR ion lite mlok 15"
Stag BCG
Raptor charging handle

gun with no optics or mag weighs 6lbs, .75oz's

still waiting on my vortex flash hider.
waiting for the new EOTech's to be on sale (the stated they corrected the POI issue that was blown out of proportion by the basement dwelling internet commandos of GD. but seeing that i just got done, im going to wait for the 2017 year made EO.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#24]
^nice man!  
Any reason you went with the stag BCG instead of a BCM?  I'm only asking because the rest of the upper is BCM.
Uppers are annoying to build......when you finish you can't wait to do another one!.....problem is in CT, it's annoying to have uppers without lowers
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I went with a stag because it was what I had bought a couple years ago to go with my stag 22 upper I robbed off the stag 22 gun I bought. (Chambered 556 with a 22 conversion bolt) I used that upper with my preban lower I bought.
A bcm bolt is on my list when and if it goes on sale. The stag has the same steel for the carrier and bolt hp mpi as well. Who knows I might run it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Went to a new place in Southington on Friday.  75 Center Street.  Very nice.  Interesting appetizers.  Thick cut Bacon and genetically altered mutant pretzels.  Because of Lent, I passed on the Bacon but the pretzel was awesome.

Link Posted: 3/5/2017 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Yum.   Looks good.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Leon82:

No,not bad at all, just need a brass punch to remove the rear sight to install the plunger in the slide. Unless you have a sight pusher.
View Quote

Oh my God man, I can't believe I put this off for so long. I just got done, it took 40 minutes and mostly because I was intently watching the APEX install videos. Now that I know what Im doing I can whip these out in 15 minutes.

Thanks a ton for posting that you had done it, it motivated me to sack up and get it done. And what a difference it makes. I'm not waiting another minute, Im gonna go buy a kit for my Shield right now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Oh my God man, I can't believe I put this off for so long. I just got done, it took 40 minutes and mostly because I was intently watching the APEX install videos. Now that I know what Im doing I can whip these out in 15 minutes.

Thanks a ton for posting that you had done it, it motivated me to sack up and get it done. And what a difference it makes. I'm not waiting another minute, Im gonna go buy a kit for my Shield right now.
View All Quotes

No,not bad at all, just need a brass punch to remove the rear sight to install the plunger in the slide. Unless you have a sight pusher.

Nice, I still haven't shot mine lol
Other projects

Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Nice, I still haven't shot mine lol
Other projects
View Quote

Not sure what I'm looking at, but it seems you're missing a few pieces........or its broken.......one or the other
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Sous vide experiment.  Yum!
8 oz grass fed prime beef
2 hours at 130
30 second sear on each side.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By conndcj:
Went to a new place in Southington on Friday.  75 Center Street.  Very nice.  Interesting appetizers.  Thick cut Bacon and genetically altered mutant pretzels.  Because of Lent, I passed on the Bacon but the pretzel was awesome.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-03/20170303_145230_zpssu0clywi.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-03/20170303_145225_zps1xz1jabo.jpg
View Quote

Those Pretzels look good. Not a crazy bacon fanatic but I would have eaten it.

Please share the name of this place with the mutant pretzels.....
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry. It is actually called 75 Center Street.   It's on....you guessed it....678 South Main Street.   I kid, I kid... the name of the bar is the same as the address.  You have to see the game room in the back.  A real deal shuffleboard table.  I LOVE shuffleboard.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:53:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By conndcj:
Sorry. It is actually called 75 Center Street.   It's on....you guessed it....678 South Main Street.   I kid, I kid... the name of the bar is the same as the address.  You have to see the game room in the back.  A real deal shuffleboard table.  I LOVE shuffleboard.
View Quote

In Southington. I will have to check it out. Sounds like a cool place.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:55:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:06:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Wow Modrapos, that's badass!
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Wow Modrapos, that's badass!
View Quote

THIS.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:

Thanks, it's getting there!  On Wednesday I'm hitting DMV for plates and hopefully road-testing it on Saturday.  It still needs lots of wetsanding and buffing, but should be roadworthy/show-worthy by the end of the month.
View Quote

Let me know what show you're going to bring it to first. I'll come and put my fingerprints all over it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:24:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nutter] [#41]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:
Did a ton of work on the cuda this weekend.  Roughed in the alignment, installed the radiator, exhaust head pipes, clutch and brake linkages, rear wiring harness, rear trim, tail lights, gas tank, neck, filler tube & cap, bolted on the hood, and ripped out the interior to install a new carpet.  The goal is to have it go up and down the driveway under its own power this coming weekend, then wetsand/buff, install the grille, drive home and hit an alignment shop for some canyon carving camber/caster.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/Andrapos/68cuda/DSCN6863_zpsjojleiyb.jpg

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/Andrapos/68cuda/DSCN6866_zpsu3uwcoma.jpg
View Quote

Sweet Camaro dude
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Lots of car guys here it seems. Anyone here ever self install clear bra before? I'll be damned if I'm paying hundreds of dollars for the install. I want to do it myself, I've done vinyl and laminx before. I managed to make it through the winter with almost pristine paint because I don't tail gate, but the first tiny chip almost gave me a stroke.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#43]
nice man... I had a '70
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
Lots of car guys here it seems. Anyone here ever self install clear bra before? I'll be damned if I'm paying hundreds of dollars for the install. I want to do it myself, I've done vinyl and laminx before. I managed to make it through the winter with almost pristine paint because I don't tail gate, but the first tiny chip almost gave me a stroke.
View Quote

I have not attempted it but my understanding from others is it is difficult and requires experience. I opted to have it done professionally on my Porsche.

I imagine that the difficulty varies greatly depending on the shape of the vehicle. Out of curiosity, what kind of car?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a name of a good pro install guy up in Enfield if you need a recommendation.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Awesome Andrapos, I love classic muscle....although I don't think I'll ever get into the hobby, I like to look

Toady, that steak looks ridiculous, exactly what meat should look like!
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Toadyrock:
I have a name of a good pro install guy up in Enfield if you need a recommendation.
View Quote

I really appreciate it, but but I priced a dozen places and it was $500-1k minimum for just the bumper, and not always full hood. I eventually looked into the new proprietary clear gloss pro-quality Plasti dip type applications that came out the past year, but they seem to only be selling to the "pro" Plasti-Dip applicators and they're charging prices comparable with clear bra or a full car dip in triple pearl exotics ECT. I'd just go ahead and dip my whole car myself at that point and save half the money.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:51:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HappyCamel] [#48]
Originally Posted By PGAEMU:

I have not attempted it but my understanding from others is it is difficult and requires experience. I opted to have it done professionally on my Porsche.

I imagine that the difficulty varies greatly depending on the shape of the vehicle. Out of curiosity, what kind of car?
View Quote

I got rear ended on the Merrit by the Milford exit pretty hard and it totaled the Benz. I'm stuck here for the next few years at the least so I wanted to stick with 4wd, so I picked up a 2017 WRX in Dark Grey Metallic. Beautiful paint but I hear horror stories about how chip prone it can be.

Almost all the paint on the market is shit and orange peels since the regulations changed mid 2000s . VOCs have their place.

Eta: most fun I've had in a car is a guy who had a racing Porsche, totally gutted not a spec of interior. The sensation on a on/off ramp curve was like a rollercoaster. I physically couldn't stop smiling.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:56:16 PM EDT
[#49]

I got rear ended on the Merrit by the Milford exit pretty hard and it totaled the Benz. I'm stuck here for the next few years at the least so I wanted to stick with 4wd, so I picked up a 2017 WRX in Dark Grey Metallic. Beautiful paint but I hear horror stories about how chip prone it can be.

Almost all the paint on the market is shit and orange peels since the regulations changed mid 2000s . VOCs have their place.

Eta: most fun I've had in a car is a guy who had a racing Porsche, totally gutted not a spec of interior. The sensation on a on/off ramp curve was like a rollercoaster. I physically couldn't stop smiling.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PGAEMU:

From what I'm told the orange peel helps the wax make it shine or something.

Europe has been using the waterborne paints for a lot longer than us
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 164
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top