Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 164
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Wife and kids home all day. Chili and brownies should be waiting for me. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jeffopt44:
Wife and kids home all day. Chili and brownies should be waiting for me. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268057/IMG-4079-143436.JPG
View Quote

Mmmmm, nice.
I just had a pulled pork and cabbage sammich that the wife did in the Crock the other day. mmmm
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Round 2. New and improved and with moar bacon!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn this thread, all I have is chicken noodle soup.  Everything posted here is making me jealous!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:
Round 2. New and improved and with moar bacon!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/IMG-0851-143697.JPG
View Quote

How thick is that thing?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#6]
1-1/4" at the thickest around the edges, 3/8-3/4" in the middle.

Goin off memory here, there wasn't any left to measure haha
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:45:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JeepinMaxx] [#7]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKWLgRZty_I

I miss the Rockville 3 gun matches
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

hahaha its so good it almost looks fake
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:
Fresh paint to go with the freshened motor

1968 Barracuda  383 6-pack

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/Andrapos/68cuda/0212171648_zpsfdqhi7cv.jpg
View Quote

Neat. Lets put it on my little Husq mower!
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Neat. Lets put it on my little Husq mower!
View Quote

aren't you going to finish  garage floor too?

looks great
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

i cant believe he hasn't fallen over yet. back must hurt
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#14]
smoked some chickens on my rotisserie last night. pretty much amazing

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zegermanznew] [#16]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:

Not my garage
View Quote

Ma motah dindu nuffin!
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#17]
So this is finally happening.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#18]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/IMG-0857-145916.JPG
View Quote

welcome to the club
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Tbr1806:

welcome to the club
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tbr1806:

welcome to the club

GF got me a membership (not to Andover) for our 5yr yesterday  pew pew
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:

View Quote

Nice! Sounds like a keeper
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JeepinMaxx:

View Quote

I hope my summer looks like that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CTjer:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CTjer:
Originally Posted By JeepinMaxx:

I just watched the video, I shot in that match. I think that's Tbr and I under the tent haha!
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I don't even know where Andover is, but congrats.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Definitely, though I think you're gonna beat me to the finish line by far. 

I don't remember, you decided on a ring already?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Yea, proposed with my mothers engagement ring and we got it re-set after. Wedding is in June.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Yea, proposed with my mothers engagement ring and we got it re-set after. Wedding is in June.
View All Quotes

Nice! I keep reminding mine I don't want a ring, I'd rather a gun 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

New bottle design finally rolled out
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#31]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/401569/1487377198849-797000179-148621.JPG
New bottle design finally rolled out
View Quote

I like your style
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:50:56 AM EDT
[#32]

It says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I just signed up there as well!...and the wait begins...
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By User55645:
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270/premiumtommy/20170217_173056_zpssuqzsbrm.jpg

View Quote

Cute kid !
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By youngpup70:

Cute kid !
View Quote

Thx
That's his "hurry up and take the f*in picture already" face
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By User55645:
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270/premiumtommy/20170217_173056_zpssuqzsbrm.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:19:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zegermanznew] [#37]
I fell through the ice today, luckily it was on my way out so it didn't ruin my time. Up to about my upper chest was drenched, I was about 40' from shore. 300 yards to the truck, 2 miles to home.

It was FAST. I mean instant. I was walking and don't even recall the crash through. Faster than a snap. I wasn't struck by how cold the water was, and it didn't steal my breath like people describe but my head didn't go under either.. My brain had three immediate thoughts. "Fuck, I'm in the water." followed immediately by, "Fuck my palms are killing me." And then of course, "Fuck, I have to get out of here." It was pretty surreal, like when you wake up somewhere foreign to you and have to take a second to get it together. I was walking on the ice and then it was like that, like, "Where am I, what just happened?"

My group was 200-300 yards behind me and there was a father and two young sons walking out 20 or so feet in front of me.

My palms still kind of hurt while typing this. I'm certain it's because when the ice gave out and I was falling straight down my hands instinctively went forward and slapped down on the ice to stop me from going under. After a second or two in the water the surrealism effect wore away, I gained my composure and started going through the order of what I need to do to get out. I genuinely thought to myself I wasn't sure I could pull myself up because my hands hurt THAT bad. That was the only scary moment, and I think the scary thing was actually just the doubt.

My companion, Zeke, walked up at this moment all nonchelant and licked my face. Hahahaha which made me genuinely laugh at the moment, too.

My brain, as stupid as this sounds, went straight to this stupid cartoon video (at the bottom of this post). It might have saved my life so it's worth a watch. In my experience just now, I'd knock it down to three main bullet points. These are what saved my life.
1)  Get your arms on the ice and take a second to catch your breath and gain your composure. Tell yourself what you have to do next.
2)  SLOWLY KICK YOUR LEGS LIKE YOURE SWIMMING. Not to get yourself out, the goal is to GET YOUR BODY FLAT ON THE SURFACE OF THE WATER and thus easier to pull out.
3)  Palms flat to pull yourself out. People say make fists and Drag yourself out with the bottom of your fists. Fuck that. More surface area and you get to use your fingers if you feel a nub on the ice for leverage.

I don't think I could have used my spikes that were around my neck. I didn't, at least. It wasnt hard to get out with my body level with the ice. I just scooted my self up 6-12" at a time. I crawled a couple feet, stood up and called out to all the groups back on the ice that I fell through right there and to avoid the area on their way out. After everyone acknowledged me I headed out the rest of the way.

What struck me the most of the whole experience is nobody noticed. It is that fast and it doesn't really make any noise. I don't even remember hearing the ice break. The father and his two sons right in front of me had no idea, and you probably won't have the voice to call out. They left without even knowing. When I called back to everyone else, they hardly believed me or seemed to recognize the gravity. They just didn't even realize it. It wasn't until an hour or so ago when my buddy called me after they left. He says to me over the phone, "Dude, I walked past the hole on the way out, how much did you fall in?" They thought I just went through with a foot or something, they hadn't even realized at the time that I was in the water.

It's very easy to see how people can die. Get your body horizontal, it's the biggest thing. You will likely not get out otherwise and even if there's someone right with you there's little they can do if you cant get control of those three steps.

Attachment Attached File

How To Survive A Fall Through Frozen Ice
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I fell through the ice today, luckily it was on my way out so it didn't ruin my time. Up to about my upper chest was drenched, I was about 40' from shore. 300 yards to the truck, 2 miles to home.

It was FAST. I mean instant. I was walking and don't even recall the crash through. Faster than a snap. I wasn't struck by how cold the water was, and it didn't steal my breath like people describe but my head didn't go under either.. My brain had three immediate thoughts. "Fuck, I'm in the water." followed immediately by, "Fuck my palms are killing me." And then of course, "Fuck, I have to get out of here." It was pretty surreal, like when you wake up somewhere foreign to you and have to take a second to get it together. I was walking on the ice and then it was like that, like, "Where am I, what just happened?"

My group was 200-300 yards behind me and there's was a father and two young sons walking out 20 or so feet in front of me.

My palms still kind of hurt while typing this. I'm certain it's because when the ice gave out and I was falling straight down my hands instinctively went forward and slapped down on the ice to stop me from going under. After a second or two in the water the surrealism effect wore away, I gained my composure and started going through the order of what I need to do to get out. I genuinely thought to myself I wasn't sure I could pull myself up because my hands hurt THAT bad. That was the only scary moment, and I think the scary thing was actually just the doubt.

My companion, Zeke, walked up at this moment all nonchelant and licked my face. Hahahaha which made me genuinely laugh at the moment, too.

My brain, as stupid as this sounds, went straight to this stupid cartoon video (at the bottom of this post). It might have saved my life so it's worth a watch. In my experience just now, I'd knock it down to three main bullet points. These are what saved my life.
1)  Get your arms on the ice and take a second to catch your breath and gain your composure. Tell yourself what you have to do next.
2)  SLOWLY KICK YOUR LEGS LIKE YOURE SWIMMING. Not to get yourself out, the goal is to GET YOUR BODY FLAT ON THE SURFACE OF THE WATER and thus easier to pull out.
3)  Palms flat to pull yourself out. People say make fists and Drag yourself out with the bottom of your fists. Fuck that. More surface area and you get to use your fingers if you feel a nub on the ice for leverage.

I don't think I could have used my spikes that were around my neck. I didn't, at least. It wasnt hard to get out with my body level with the ice. I just scooted my self up 6-12" at a time. I crawled a couple feet, stood up and called out to all the groups back on the ice that I fell through right there and to avoid the area on their way out. After everyone acknowledged me I headed out the rest of the way.

What struck me the most of the whole experience is nobody noticed. It is that fast and it doesn't really make any noise. I don't even remember hearing the ice break. The father and his two sons right in front of me had no idea, and you probably won't have the voice to call out. They left without even knowing. When I called back to everyone else, they hardly believed me or seemed to recognize the gravity. They just didn't even realize it. It wasn't until an hour or so ago when my buddy called me after they left. He says to me over the phone, "Dude, I walked past the hole on the way out, how much did you fall in?" They thought I just went through with a foot or something, they hadn't even realized at the time that I was in the water.

It's very easy to see how people can die. Get your body horizontal, it's the biggest thing. You will likely not get out otherwise and even if there's someone right with you there's little they can do if you cant get control of those three steps.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/IMG-0865-149102.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLQB0WpTvJk
View Quote

Damn man! That's scary shit! What lake were you on? I drove past crystal lake this AM, couldn't believe how many people were out there and how close some were to open/non-frozen spots. I actually thought to myself, "that's fuckin nuts, someone is gonna probably go in". Sorry I jinxed you, if that's the lake you were on!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Damn man, I'm glad you're OK! That sounds scary as hell. Thanks for the tips, I don't go ice fishing but if I ever do that info could save my life (or anyone else's here).
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:32:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tbr1806] [#40]
Double tap
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By jeffopt44:

Damn man! That's scary shit! What lake were you on? I drove past crystal lake this AM, couldn't believe how many people were out there and how close some were to open/non-frozen spots. I actually thought to myself, "that's fuckin nuts, someone is gonna probably go in". Sorry I jinxed you, if that's the lake you were on!
View Quote

It was Crystal Lake! hahaha

We were drilling consistently through 7" right off the beach side. Its a freak thing, I was literally following out the guys in front of me step for step. The guy looked like he easily weighed more than me and his two sons were right by his side.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#42]
I just got word a second person went through a few minutes ago. That person was NOT able to pull themselves out and someone had to pull him out with a rope. 911 was also called.

Get your body horizontal!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Glad to hear you are ok.

Dude, you have to be nuts to be on ice this year. It has not been cold enough.

I was reading an article the other day that a ton of snowmobilers died this year from thin ice.

Did Mrs. Zegerman give you an ear full? I know my wife would have.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By edgephoto:
Glad to hear you are ok.

Dude, you have to be nuts to be on ice this year. It has not been cold enough.

I was reading an article the other day that a ton of snowmobilers died this year from thin ice.

Did Mrs. Zegerman give you an ear full? I know my wife would have.
View Quote

ha maybe a little nuts but theres been plenty of ice for the most part. Obviously not in that particular spot though hahaha Today is probably the last day unless were heading north.

Mrs. just laughed at me and asked if zeke was ok hahaha
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#45]
I think I heard Gill Simmons say not to go out on ice the other day because of how it hasn't been consistently cold enough days in a row to really freeze the lakes.

Glad you're ok bro.

I don't go out on ice, unless that shit is SOLID and the water is only like 2-3' deep.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Glad your ok zeg!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#47]
crazy, glad your alright, could have been worse.

i used to do some dumb shit on ice with vehicles and wheelers at my buddies pond in willington when i first got my license at 16, it was a big pond, not some small backyard pond.  throwing rocks at my buddies feet, piss drunk doing donuts on quads, and with my s10. quad would break through a little bit, id back up my truck to pull it out. stupid shit.  then when i finally turned 18-19 and i grew half a brain, i was able to look back at how dumb i was. we have all been there done that, but now at 24, i dont screw around like that anymore. let alone on ice.
i hate ice, ill wait until it thaws and go out on a boat.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Glad you and Zeke are ok. I never knew how to get out, so thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Minus the beans, that looks great!
Page / 164
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top