BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 164
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:09:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: edgephoto] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hihobrian:

Central CT.  My boss recommended A&R Auto in Wallingford. They did decent work on his Camaro.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikerman9967:
At least the other driver was legal and had insurance. He was in a left turn only lane and said GPS told him to go straight. So he cut the wheel to the right and plowed into me as I was going by. It rocked the car hard. I would be more angry if it would make a difference but it won't help anything.  If anyone has a recommendation on where to take it to be treated properly and repaired well I'd love to hear it. My instincts tell me to go to a dealer.

what area of the state? tons of good body shops around

Central CT.  My boss recommended A&R Auto in Wallingford. They did decent work on his Camaro.

Ultimate Autobody in Cheshire. He does all high end cars, collision only. His work is incredible. He has done work for the family and I send him anyone who wants their car to look as good or better than when it was new.

Edit: As a plus you can stop at the new Police tactical shop. Ultimate is across the street.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:25:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: User55645] [#2]
Wife said she heard a noise and it may be broken.

Im only a 6 pack deep so I guess its not too bad
Ill give it a powerwash, w/ bleach, between now and when the parts arrive.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, what brand
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#4]
my guess is, its a Kenmore and thats cause i just had a deja-vu.  Corroded cast aluminum
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Leon82:
Damn, what brand
View All Quotes
Damn, what brand

Originally Posted By Remydog:
my guess is, its a Kenmore

It's an LG, about 9yrs old.
I believe LG and Kenmore share some part#'s
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By User55645:

View All Quotes
Damn, what brand

Originally Posted By Remydog:
my guess is, its a Kenmore

yes LGs stuff is just relabeled for Kenmore

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:32:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tbr1806] [#7]

<a href="http://s122.photobucket.com/user/premiumtommy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161023_193817_zpscu4n2yhb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270/premiumtommy/Mobile%20Uploads/20161023_193817_zpscu4n2yhb.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s122.photobucket.com/user/premiumtommy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161023_194220_zpsih3bq2ii.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270/premiumtommy/Mobile%20Uploads/20161023_194220_zpsih3bq2ii.jpg</a>

View Quote

Dude. Been there done that... My top loader smelled like shit too, so, I took it apart and cleaned it. You would be shocked at what actually came out of that thing. I will try and post a video tomorrow.

ETA: but my top loader also came with the house so I'm not sure how old it is. I feel like that should not happen with a brand new front loader.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Tbr1806:

Dude. Been there done that... My top loader smelled like shit too, so, I took it apart and cleaned it. You would be shocked at what actually came out of that thing. I will try and post a video tomorrow.

ETA: but my top loader also came with the house so I'm not sure how old it is. I feel like that should not happen with a brand new front loader.
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s122.photobucket.com/user/premiumtommy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161023_193817_zpscu4n2yhb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270/premiumtommy/Mobile%20Uploads/20161023_193817_zpscu4n2yhb.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s122.photobucket.com/user/premiumtommy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161023_194220_zpsih3bq2ii.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270/premiumtommy/Mobile%20Uploads/20161023_194220_zpsih3bq2ii.jpg</a>

9 years old is brand new?

These days you are lucky to get 5-7 years out of an appliance.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Obviously I need the broken piece.
I'm going to get some new gaskets and might as well change-out the hydraulic dampers.
With the miracle of the Internet,  I can get it all shipped for just under $110.

I'll need some more beer to remember where all the pieces go
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#10]

At least the other driver was legal and had insurance. He was in a left turn only lane and said GPS told him to go straight. So he cut the wheel to the right and plowed into me as I was going by. It rocked the car hard. I would be more angry if it would make a difference but it won't help anything.  If anyone has a recommendation on where to take it to be treated properly and repaired well I'd love to hear it. My instincts tell me to go to a dealer.
View Quote

My Mercedes got totaled a couple weeks ago on the Merrit. Jackass was tailgating me and when people in front of me stepped on their brakes he was already in my back seat. Of course I had plenty of space in front of me because I'm not a tool.

What sucks is it was on the downhill right before the Milford exit after the bridge. I was not even a mile from getting off :(

Hope you're ok and your car gets better too!
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:

My Mercedes got totaled a couple weeks ago on the Merrit. Jackass was tailgating me and when people in front of me stepped on their brakes he was already in my back seat. Of course I had plenty of space in front of me because I'm not a tool.

What sucks is it was on the downhill right before the Milford exit after the bridge. I was not even a mile from getting off :(

View All Quotes

Camel sorry to hear that. Remember it is only a car. You are ok and that is what matters.

Have to be careful with german cars and stop and go traffic. German cars have the best brakes. You will stop in a much shorter distance than the guy in some domestic or asian POS behind you.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By edgephoto:
Camel sorry to hear that. Remember it is only a car. You are ok and that is what matters.

Have to be careful with german cars and stop and go traffic. German cars have the best brakes. You will stop in a much shorter distance than the guy in some domestic or asian POS behind you.

View All Quotes

That is the damn truth, both just material possessions, and the best brakes! I actually felt so uncomfortable driving the Corolla rental as they brakes felt completely alien, almost dangerous. Feedback and engagement was terrible, followed by full grab.

The 2017 WRX brake feel is almost identical to the MB, if not less "airy", but same weight, length, grab, and handling under heavy breaking. Poor but happy!
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#13]
TLDR: <$0.30 per round PMC bronze .223 at Cabelas

Oct 27-30 Cabelas is giving $50 Cabelas Bucks if you spend $200 or more in store (or $20 for $150) and their PMC Bronze will be "on sale" for $7.19 per box of 20.

The sweet spot will be 560 rounds (28 boxes) bringing it up to $214.10 after tax.

Cabelas black gives me 5% back, and then subtract the additional $50, bringing it down to $153.39 for 560 rounds.

That's $0.27/round for Black Card members. Go get it!
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:

Oct 27-30 Cabelas is giving $50 Cabelas Bucks if you spend $200 or more in store (or $20 for $150) and their PMC Bronze will be "on sale" for $7.19 per box of 20.

The sweet spot will be 560 rounds (28 boxes) bringing it up to $214.10 after tax.

Cabelas black gives me 5% back, and then subtract the additional $50, bringing it down to $153.39 for 560 rounds.

View Quote

.223 not 5.56 correct?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By conndcj:

.223 not 5.56 correct?
View All Quotes

.223 not 5.56 correct?

I'm almost 100% it's .223, but I threw the flier away already. I'm pretty sure they're always stacked pretty deep on the .223 there.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

I somehow missed this flier. I haven't seen .27 a round range for brass in years. I am going to have to stretch this paycheck. In before the panic lol.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#17]
You guys should be checking walmart.  They are selling 55gr FMJ 223 for 6.44 a box.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By inmyshadow:
You guys should be checking walmart.  They are selling 55gr FMJ 223 for 6.44 a box.
View Quote

I boycott Walmart some ten years ago . . .
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Good then.  All their clearance ammo, guns an optics are all mine.

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

I haven't noticed that good of a price at my local norwich or Lisbon locations. Maybe not looking hard enough.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

I guess so
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Sometimes the Walmart prices are pretty good.  Problem is you have to go to Walmart.  Other than that, perfect.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Sometimes the Walmart prices are pretty good.  Problem is you have to go to Walmart.  Other than that, perfect.
View All Quotes

My wife watched a guy fabrese him self in the isle of Stratford Walmart, talking about a date he had. Lol
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:22:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zegermanznew] [#24]
In light of the CT sucks thread; it is also one of the most beautiful places in the world, in my honest opinion. . . . If only all these pesky liberals weren't around to ruin it for the rest of us.

Zeke and I outside taking in the first snowfall the other day. We love the snow, and while I love how awesome it looks falling on the leaves, my pucker factor was on the rise hoping it would stop before we had a repeat of 4-5 years ago.

I have a reoccurring day dream where this mini ice age finally comes to fruition, forcing all the liberals south, leaving only the few strong enough to prosper up here. All those left will bow to their new overlord, Zeke. Zeke would have only one law:

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#25]
In light of the CT sucks thread; it is also one of the most beautiful places in the world, in my honest opinion. . . . If only all these pesky liberals weren't around to ruin it for the rest of us.

Zeke and I outside taking in the first snowfall the other day. We love the snow, and while I love how awesome it looks falling on the leaves, my pucker factor was on the rise hoping it would stop before we had a repeat of 4-5 years ago.

I have a reoccurring day dream where this mini ice age finally comes to fruition, forcing all the liberals south, leaving only the few strong enough to prosper up here. All those left will bow to their new overlord, Zeke. Zeke would have only one law:
http://myfunnymemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/No-Take-Only-Throw-Dog-Logic-In-Comic-Strip.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/zegermanznew/DSC_0048_zpsdekqyeuf.jpg
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/zegermanznew/DSC_0047_zpsppowouoo.jpg
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/zegermanznew/DSC_0008_zpskdrryqys.jpg
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/zegermanznew/DSC_0012_zpsul82buqb.jpg
View Quote

Great pics man! I have to agree, I love new england, its scenery and what it has to offer its too bad that it has been over run by the libs....
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#26]

http://myfunnymemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/No-Take-Only-Throw-Dog-Logic-In-Comic-Strip.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/zegermanznew/DSC_0048_zpsdekqyeuf.jpg
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/zegermanznew/DSC_0047_zpsppowouoo.jpg
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/zegermanznew/DSC_0008_zpskdrryqys.jpg
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l555/zegermanznew/DSC_0012_zpsul82buqb.jpg
View Quote

cool stuff
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:54:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Wife and I did the kids pumpkins the other night......crappy iPhone pics...

Got sick of cutting......so I carved mine and the wife's with my 45!  Not as easy as I thought. Guess I should have been a little closer.

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:24:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnsMyName] [#28]
Made burgers. Bottom to top... Bacon jam, beef patty, bacon, caramelized onions, mushrooms, charred Brussels sprout leaves, garlic aioli.

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#29]

I want a burger!!!! My new low cholesterol, losing weight diet does not allow for burgers, dogs, pizza or steak.........Hopefully once my cholesterol is in the safe range and my weight is where it is supposed to be I can splurge.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#30]

I want a burger!!!! My new low cholesterol, losing weight diet does not allow for burgers, dogs, pizza or steak.........Hopefully once my cholesterol is in the safe range and my weight is where it is supposed to be I can splurge.

View All Quotes

That sucks, but keep up the good work, almost 20lbs in a month is crazy!

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:

View All Quotes

I am not expecting to lose as much going forward. Slow and steady is the key. If I lose 1-2 lbs. a week I will be ecstatic. I am just getting back to good eating habits. In 10 years I gained almost 65lbs because I ate what I wanted when I wanted. Before this I was always around 200lbs. So once I get back there I can have the occasional "good" stuff.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By nyalaman:
<a href="http://s62.photobucket.com/user/davespringbok/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-11/E45D7608-1D28-47F2-824B-D13B1D60D403_zpsltsqr9an.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h86/davespringbok/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-11/E45D7608-1D28-47F2-824B-D13B1D60D403_zpsltsqr9an.jpg</a>
View Quote

Hmm....must have been a liberal
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 3:47:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tbr1806] [#34]
Double tap
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 3:48:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tbr1806] [#35]
Triple tap....
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By nyalaman:

<a href="http://s62.photobucket.com/user/davespringbok/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-11/E45D7608-1D28-47F2-824B-D13B1D60D403_zpsltsqr9an.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h86/davespringbok/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-11/E45D7608-1D28-47F2-824B-D13B1D60D403_zpsltsqr9an.jpg</a>

Hah!
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Took the family (wife, 5 y/o and 3 y/o girls) on a hike yesterday.

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Brussel sprouts, beef and bacon grease. Good things are about to happen.

Angus Ribeye, sooo excited.

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:34:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Thank you for my new wallpaper.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:21:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Brussel sprouts, beef and bacon grease. Good things are about to happen.

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s658/Johnsmyname/image_zpsflh7ym26.jpg

Angus Ribeye, sooo excited.

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s658/Johnsmyname/image_zpsyldvij36.jpg

View Quote

I'm pretty sure you forgot the "dinner" pic
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 7:59:12 AM EDT
[#41]
I was so hungry and then tired I never posted lol.

I heard you're having venison tonight

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:32:50 AM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By bikerman9967:

last weeks food picture fun

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1933094_Picture_of_Dinner___meatball_time.html
View Quote

Damn, that looks great.

Link Posted: 12/9/2016 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#44]
No pics in awhile here:

Dog is my co-pilot:

And what is I am convinced one of the most expensive hobbies on Earth:

Link Posted: 12/9/2016 2:31:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnsMyName] [#45]

Looking good brother! I was thinking the same thing recently and was going to post some pics but got busy. 

That HK45 is freaking sweet. 

Where is that horse barn? hihobrian might be able to chime in about these things. 
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#46]
That is Avon Valley Farms on Rt10.  My daughter has her riding lessons there.  Money wise horses are like boats...that poop.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#47]
I thought horses were cute until I was kicked and bitten by the fuckers!

Glue factories and being ground into taco meat are too good for them.

Link Posted: 12/9/2016 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By group8:
I thought horses were cute until I was kicked and bitten by the fuckers!

Glue factories and being ground into taco meat are too good for them.
View Quote

Could it be that horses are an excellent judge of character?
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Getting kicked by a horse probably doesn't feel good
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Could it be that horses are an excellent judge of character?
View Quote

Lol, horses like salt licks right? Maybe they're sore about all the anti-salt talk.

Page / 164
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top