Page / 164
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:11:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Good to see you out at about.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:10:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By conndcj:
Just started back at work after being out five and a half months.  Add another nearly two months since I went shooting.  Metacon really spiffed the place up.  It looks really good.  If it can avoid becoming a submarine every once in awhile, it will be perfect.

I went on Sunday afternoon like I usually do so I can have the place to myself.  Good weather brought out a few more people than I thought but it was fine.  I just finished assembling these two carbines and this was more to function check them than anything else.  I am taking an EAG Tactical Carbine course with Pat Rogers this year and I want my primary and secondary carbines to be set up the same.  I will be running them suppressed 100% of the time and will be using XM193 ammo so that's what I did all day.  I haven't shot 55gr 5.56 in years but it was fine.  I need another Aimpoint, need to change a stock, set up my sling points and they are GTG.  Only thing I really missed was my range cigar.  Can't smoke anymore.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04/20160417_170444_zpsfjcynkwd.jpg
View Quote

One of these days I'll bump into you at metacon..... You're like a unicorn or Bigfoot...... I've seen fuzzy pics but have never seen you in person. I stopped by metacon at the beginning of the class 3 match I was supposed to shoot on Sunday, but got called into work instead.
Feel better.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#3]

The people at the Mt.Sinai lymphadeamic clinic were awesome.  Four weeks of massage and compression therapy really did wonders for the leg.  I still use a cane but got rid of the walker months ago.  Will make maximum medical improvement in a year which means sometime around November.  There is no pain but I just get tired in the afternoon.  I went back full time with no accommodations.  After a couple of months of work and going around the state, I'm sure I'll get stronger.  

Signed my first warrant last Wednesday and had my first arrest since I got back on Friday.  Feels good to crush people's rights again although the battery was dead on my MRAP.  Can't believe no one started it while I was out.

Seriously, thank you very much for asking.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By HappyCamel:

Just started back at work after being out five and a half months.  Add another nearly two months since I went shooting.  Metacon really spiffed the place up.  It looks really good.  If it can avoid becoming a submarine every once in awhile, it will be perfect.

I went on Sunday afternoon like I usually do so I can have the place to myself.  Good weather brought out a few more people than I thought but it was fine.  I just finished assembling these two carbines and this was more to function check them than anything else.  I am taking an EAG Tactical Carbine course with Pat Rogers this year and I want my primary and secondary carbines to be set up the same.  I will be running them suppressed 100% of the time and will be using XM193 ammo so that's what I did all day.  I haven't shot 55gr 5.56 in years but it was fine.  I need another Aimpoint, need to change a stock, set up my sling points and they are GTG.  Only thing I really missed was my range cigar.  Can't smoke anymore.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04/20160417_170444_zpsfjcynkwd.jpg

Awesome! How's the leg and PT?

The people at the Mt.Sinai lymphadeamic clinic were awesome.  Four weeks of massage and compression therapy really did wonders for the leg.  I still use a cane but got rid of the walker months ago.  Will make maximum medical improvement in a year which means sometime around November.  There is no pain but I just get tired in the afternoon.  I went back full time with no accommodations.  After a couple of months of work and going around the state, I'm sure I'll get stronger.  

Signed my first warrant last Wednesday and had my first arrest since I got back on Friday.  Feels good to crush people's rights again although the battery was dead on my MRAP.  Can't believe no one started it while I was out.

No problem Conn, glad to have a good guy back in the fight. Why can't you smoke cigars at all? BP?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Indeed. Good to hear you are getting back out there. Does wonders for the soul/mind/spirit, depending on what one believes in.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]

No problem Conn, glad to have a good guy back in the fight. Why can't you smoke cigars at all? BP?
View All Quotes

Awesome! How's the leg and PT?

No . BP has always been fine. Because this is my second clot episode, I am more susceptible to getting them again. I take and will continue to take a lot of meds for the foreseeable future.  Nicotine and smoke do not play well with them. Doc said cigars no but a drink here and there. Given the alternative I can do that.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad to hear you're pressing forward, conndcj.

You'll be better off without the smoke, anyhow. Putting them down is the best thing I've ever done for myself. Thank yourself and pat yourself on the back.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#7]
You'll be thankful for the therapy in a few years. Everyone I know who didn't do or cut therapy short said they should have done it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife loves when I feed the kid!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Haha. Just after this was taken, the hands when all in the hair!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:47:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nutter] [#10]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#11]

SAR-2?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:15:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nutter] [#12]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Neat!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I assembled my MAK90 this afternoon. Spend the last weekend and a few nights during the week making some changes.

I replaced the front sight block and gas block so I can add the cleaning rod. Pretty much for looks.

I picked up a laminated stock and handguards. I stripped and refinished them. Next week after the tung oil cures I can go shoot it.

I also added a slant brake.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By edgephoto:
I assembled my MAK90 this afternoon. Spend the last weekend and a few nights during the week making some changes.

I replaced the front sight block and gas block so I can add the cleaning rod. Pretty much for looks.

I picked up a laminated stock and handguards. I stripped and refinished them. Next week after the tung oil cures I can go shoot it.

I also added a slant brake.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2pop8aw.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/14yajk4.jpg
View Quote

really nice Edge
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks great edge
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice work Edge.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:
Nice work Edge.

View Quote

Thanks guys!

Now I hope I like shooting this. Prior to this I had Chinese surplus furniture on it. I was not a fan of it. The angle of the stock puts the gun a little high and the length of pull is made for a 5 foot tall Chinese dude not a 6'3" American with gorilla arms.

The laminated stock is straighter than the Chinese and I added a 1" spacer to the butt plate. So I have almost 1.5" more length of pull.

If this works out I will probably buy the NATO length furniture from Ironwood.

It I still hate shooting it you will see it in the Pre-Ban thread.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I have Chinese blonde furniture because I like authentic, but I also have a wooden NATO length set that is sooo much nicer to shoot. You have longer arms than me, I can't image the discomfort. Hopefully it works for you, every respectable arfcommer should have at least 1 AK in the toy chest!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:
I have Chinese blonde furniture because I like authentic, but I also have a wooden NATO length set that is sooo much nicer to shoot. You have longer arms than me, I can't image the discomfort. Hopefully it works for you, every respectable arfcommer should have at least 1 AK in the toy chest!
View Quote

I went with the Chinese because I wanted it authentic too. However I hate shooting it so I picked up the stock for $12 and ran into the hand guards at a store in FL for $5. I figured this would be a test to see if I like the gun with a straighter and longer length of pull.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#21]
It's def much better, but AKs just aren't as ergonomic or comfortable as an AR, at least if that's what you're used too. If you end up liking it enough to keep, Ironwood makes a Chinese set at NATO length.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#22]
20 inch build .

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:

Looks like the front 3" fell off
View All Quotes

Oh it's there somewhere
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice Biker!  
I like my AR's at the extremes.  20 inch, and 10 inch.
Also like I like my food......
Baby octopus
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:
Nice Biker!  
Baby octopus
http://i63.tinypic.com/rwv41v.jpg
View Quote

Ditto on the guns, but WTF is that shit!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jeffopt44:

View All Quotes
Nice Biker!  
Baby octopus

Agreed. Thank God for the new page. Jesus.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:43:58 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
Nice Biker!  
Baby octopus

Yuk!
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Nice Biker!  

Baby octopus

View Quote

Mmmm with sesame chile oil. Mecha noodle bar does a great kimchee sauteed squid
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:57:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Gross
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:10:47 AM EDT
[#31]
I'd eat that
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Me too. If it tastes good and won't hurt you eat it. Eggs are chicken embrios and cheese is curdled, moldy milk, but were used to it so it's normal.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Finished 2 builds
18", 5.56, SPR
7.5", 300blk, SBR wearing YHM Phantom (waiting on stamp for integral)
Pulled Pork, just off the bone
Dutch Apple Pie w/ crumble topping
And it's my birfday

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#34]
There's a whole lotta win right there! Happy birthday!!!

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By User55645:
Finished 2 builds
18", 5.56, SPR
7.5", 300blk, SBR wearing YHM Phantom (waiting on stamp for integral)
Pulled Pork, just off the bone
Dutch Apple Pie w/ crumble topping
And it's my birfday

<a href="http://s122.photobucket.com/user/premiumtommy/media/Guns/20160501_125354_zps88ll9zvf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270/premiumtommy/Guns/20160501_125354_zps88ll9zvf.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice!
Got one of many projects going right now. Trying to figure out patterns, borders or if I want to try and make a "B" for Boston or Budweiser.....

Ps....I didn't build the bar, that's why it's not square!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Lots of win in that pic indeed! Happy birfday.

Jeff you going to epoxy or plexy glass when done?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Iraq_Vet_SSG:

View Quote

I bought a 2 part epoxy mix, made for this kinda stuff. Thought I had enough caps( bought them 8 years ago) bought 1500 more last week, just waiting for them to get here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Nice pics guys, and happy birthday!

I wanted to do that with the caps once. I even saved caps for like 3 years. I think I chucked em during one of our moves. I was gonna make a pong table, but that was in a former life.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Some of you guys have to live a little with regards to food

Jeff, are you prepping for fallout trading currency?  That bar will be worth a lot
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Sweet bar Jeff. AK details please.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#41]

I bought a 2 part epoxy mix, made for this kinda stuff. Thought I had enough caps( bought them 8 years ago) bought 1500 more last week, just waiting for them to get here.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Iraq_Vet_SSG:

Oh, thank God you bought them.  For a minute I thought you drank all that swill.  At least you found a productive use for Bud products.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Johns.... It's nothing fancy. Interarms AK74, magpul forend, cause I'm so tacticool , put a AGL AKT trigger in it, I out the folding stock on it too and just a bushnell trs-25. Runs awesome!!

Conn.... I'm a real man, only do my BUD drinking from a can.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#43]
I've heard the epoxy goes fast. Might be an idea to have a second batch on hand and just return it if needed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:57:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gordo556] [#44]
need some Molsen caps?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Mikehikes:
I've heard the epoxy goes fast. Might be an idea to have a second batch on hand and just return it if needed.
View Quote

I measured and went off manufacturers recommended amount. I needed just over a gallon, I bought 2 gallons. So, now I need to figure a few smaller projects to use it on.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#46]

zergman came down to do a little pew pew yesterday. this things was acting up badly.

other then that it was a fun day . even at my fudd range, the entire place was full of ar's

it was a good sight
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:33:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zegermanznew] [#47]

I measured and went off manufacturers recommended amount. I needed just over a gallon, I bought 2 gallons. So, now I need to figure a few smaller projects to use it on.
View All Quotes

Make coasters with bullet components or something
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bikerman9967:

zergman came down to do a little pew pew yesterday. this things was acting up badly.

other then that it was a fun day . even at my fudd range, the entire place was full of ar's

it was a good sight
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikerman9967:

it was a good sight

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:

Was definitely thinking of coasters and maybe a small table or make a tray. I have lots of empty brass.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:11:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: User55645] [#50]
Originally Posted By jeffopt44: I have lots of empty brass.
View Quote

This is what you get when you are bored and have brass laying around

Page / 164
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top