[#3]
Green mountain machine gun shoot in VT?
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#5]
haaaaa awesome!

Half-Track might be my favorite military vehicle ever created. Hard to say, but dammit I feel like a kid overtime I even see a picture of one.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:
haaaaa awesome!

Half-Track might be my favorite military vehicle ever created. Hard to say, but dammit I feel like a kid overtime I even see a picture of one.
View Quote

I am pretty sure that the half track is from CT.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 4:33:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NUcadet07] [#7]
Originally Posted By nutter:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
haaaaa awesome!

There is a collector here in CT who has a registered 90mm AT gun and 75mm pack howitzer amongst many, many other incredible toys, there is also quite a few military vehicles here in CT. I grew up with a guy who was like a second father to me, he restored tanks in his old firehouse in Bridgeport. He had an M16 AA Hlaftrack with quad fifties on it, he later had the PBR that some of you may have seen cruising around Long Island Sound years back before he moved down south.

Mike's Guns in Guilford shares space with a gunsmith who specializes in .50s and he has an M45 quad mount trailer with the respective M2s sitting in the shop.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NUcadet07:

There is a collector here in CT who has a registered 90mm AT gun and 75mm pack howitzer amongst many, many other incredible toys, there is also quite a few military vehicles here in CT. I grew up with a guy who was like a second father to me, he restored tanks in his old firehouse in Bridgeport. He had an M16 AA Hlaftrack with quad fifties on it, he later had the PBR that some of you may have seen cruising around Long Island Sound years back before he moved down south.

Mike's Guns in Guilford shares space with a gunsmith who specializes in .50s and he has an M45 quad mount trailer with the respective M2s sitting in the shop.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NUcadet07:
haaaaa awesome!

I have seen the pbr- used to be moored in the channel at captains cove. I have met the guy with the quad 50's. He used to rent at Eden, did not see him this year. I am pretty sure many here have met the guy that own the half track but I do not want to out him. I know a guy with a tank and 40mm pack howitzer that might be visable in the cannon picture.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I think this was from last year, it was there again this year
" />
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#10]
This was there a few year back... It's for sale- has live barrel and spare parts
" />
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Over the course of the past week I loaded some 556 and reconfigured my SBR.

I swapped out the mil spec buffer tube for a LWRC UCIW stock kit.  I switched out the red, white and blue Larue rail clips for their camo clips.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By conndcj:
Born in West Haven and have been eating there for 47 years.  I regularly drive from West Hartford to there and back for take out.

The truck is awesome and I will be renting it for a party in the fall.  It was setting up today in Orange.

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By jeffopt44:

Holy shit! My wife is gonna die when I show her that. That's "her" pizza place. She grew up in west haven, everything else is crappy pizza, according to her.

Born in West Haven and have been eating there for 47 years.  I regularly drive from West Hartford to there and back for take out.

The truck is awesome and I will be renting it for a party in the fall.  It was setting up today in Orange.

I'm sitting in this place now because of this post. Ordered a fresh clam pizza, hope I did good. What is the thing to get? If it meets the hype I might take a pie home.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:

I'm sitting in this place now because of this post. Ordered a fresh clam pizza, hope I did good. What is the thing to get? If it meets the hype I might take a pie home.

View All Quotes

Holy shit! My wife is gonna die when I show her that. That's "her" pizza place. She grew up in west haven, everything else is crappy pizza, according to her.

Sorry I missed this.  I always get the Special (mozz, sausage, mushrooms).  The fresh clam pie, to me, is better than Pepe's famous version.

They also have partially baked, frozen pizzas.  They are individual sized.  3 for $14.  Always have a 1/2 dozen on hand in the freezer.

Hope you enjoyed it.  I'm renting the truck next month.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Sorry I missed this.  I always get the Special (mozz, sausage, mushrooms).  The fresh clam pie, to me, is better than Pepe's famous version.

They also have partially baked, frozen pizzas.  They are individual sized.  3 for $14.  Always have a 1/2 dozen on hand in the freezer.

View All Quotes

Thanks Conn, it was great pizza! I agree the clam beats Pepe's. I am excited to try the "special" next time. I guess they make their own sausage.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice round of storms rolling through my AO right now. Smells good. Feels good.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice round of storms rolling through my AO right now. Smells good. Feels good.
View Quote

The storm just finished up here, it was long over due and it feels great outside right now! The sun is even coming back out.

Here's a pic of it rolling in

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice. Done here too now. Brought all the color into the plants.

Gonna have to mow the lawn tomorrow now. Ha!
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

You aren't kidding, I swear my lawn popped up an inch and its actually green now!
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:

That's just the UV rays seeming to behave differently at sundown.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Andrapos:

That's just the UV rays seeming to behave differently at sundown.

Everything seems to behave different at sun down.

It's oddly the same time I feel like the day is over, and I've done my work and deserve a drink. Probably just a coincidence though. God damned UV rays.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Always a good day when UPS and FedEx bring you boxes with these on them....

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Spent 4.5 hours on my shotgun to make a 3 Gun contender. A little late in the season, but the old 870 Pump has been very kind to me in the past so no rush. Tonight's work included modifying a Beretta 1201 stock to fit my Benelli Super 90. The Benelli stocks are over a $100 so I found a cheapo Beretta and with some melting/filing/sanding fit it pretty nice and tight. Then I stippled it, added an extended lift gate, new charging handle and changed out the trigger and hammer springs.

Pardon the iPotato pics, I'm not a camera guy.

</img />

</img />

</img />

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:56:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Damn. Nice work.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:00:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Very cool. Hopefully I'll get to see it at the Metacon 3 Gun match today.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#25]
That came out great
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Zeag, Tbr, thanks guys.

Mike, unfortunately I'm going to miss it . I was looking forward to it too. Let me know how it goes. I'll see you at the next one!

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:40:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bikerman9967] [#27]
pelican 1750 case i got off of amazon during their big sale last week . 185 shipped

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice job with the foam bikerman, I love the way those cases look when the foam is fitted to a rifle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Tbr1806:
Nice job with the foam bikerman, I love the way those cases look when the foam is fitted to a rifle.
View Quote

Yep looks really good biker!
Did you use a knife or a hot wire?
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#30]
electric knife. i didn't even know i had one till i told my wife we should buy one .
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Love it, was litter ally looking at the same case Friday at work. Nice cutting too!

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't store the guns in them. They lock everything in,including moisture
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By Leon82:

Don't store the guns in them. They lock everything in,including moisture
View Quote

+1, good way to rust a perfectly oiled gun.

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow. Nice job.  Electric knife is the way to go.  If you have access to a freezer big enough to hold the foam, it cuts really clean.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:19:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Wow. Nice job.  Electric knife is the way to go.  If you have access to a freezer big enough to hold the foam, it cuts really clean.
View Quote

I do but it's full of food
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Dissected AK.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#37]
A friends not mine, but awesome.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Tuna Poke, mmmm....

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:14:59 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

id smash
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By bikerman9967:

id smash
View All Quotes

id smash

Thanks bikerman, so good and easy to make. My go-to fancy impressive app.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Fresh haul from the garden.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Fresh haul from the garden.

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s658/Johnsmyname/Garden-1_zpsv09zr7wi.jpg

View Quote

Looks good man
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#43]
How do you get your cucumbers to not die? For the past 3 years mine have died by the end of july
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:46:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnsMyName] [#44]

Originally Posted By Leon82:

How do you get your cucumbers to not die? For the past 3 years mine have died by the end of july
View Quote

Honestly I don't know. I get what you see every 3 days or so. I've made about 10 jars of pickles already, Tbr can attest to that . I have them against the lattice work of my deck, so maybe they are kept cool and dirt stays hydrated? I also water them a lot. Get the dirt moist every day that it doesn't rain.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:55:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: conndcj] [#45]
I had to stay home today so I used the time to install a new faucet (fuck you Kohler, it wasn't THAT easy) and then celebrate a leak free kitchen by tinkering in the gun room with little things that needed to be done.  Since I'm flush with Aimpoint T-2s I've been waiting for, I decided to put them on for the upcoming weekend so I can zero everything.  Also, getting the LMT 40mm launcher ready for a project to make it a standalone instead of mounting it on my carbine.  Using a carbine length receiver extension and an old Colt M4 stock.  Hopefully I don't arc weld my hand to ashes.

My favorite go to carbine:

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#46]
The LMT:

T-2 on the Surgeon Scalpel .308:

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Finally, the Benelli Supernova Tactical all optioned out.  3.5" magnums are interesting to say the least.  Gathered up a bunch of different rounds and loaded up my OSOE Cop Rig.  Nice design for carrying 12 ga shells.  You can carry 36 in the pouches and more in the IFAK area if you wanted.  I prefer the first aid kit.  The shotty itself will hold four on the stock, six in the sidesaddle and seven in its tube.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Sweet Storm Trooper.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#49]
W
Finally, the Benelli Supernova Tactical all optioned out.  3.5" magnums are interesting to say the least.  Gathered up a bunch of different rounds and loaded up my OSOE Cop Rig.  Nice design for carrying 12 ga shells.  You can carry 36 in the pouches and more in the IFAK area if you wanted.  I prefer the first aid kit.  The shotty itself will hold four on the stock, six in the sidesaddle and seven in its tube.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20001_zps3ds3m0na.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20002_zpsn2hzuyev.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20003_zpsxxlz6cgu.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20004_zpsgnhtsawz.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20005_zpspdywnao1.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20006_zpsvkjne9qt.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20007_zpsfniqrewl.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20008_zpslrxxynva.jpg
View Quote

I have to admit, I'm disappointed for no m4
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#50]
W

View All Quotes
W

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20001_zps3ds3m0na.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20002_zpsn2hzuyev.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20003_zpsxxlz6cgu.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20004_zpsgnhtsawz.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20005_zpspdywnao1.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20006_zpsvkjne9qt.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20007_zpsfniqrewl.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/conndcj/conndcj14/72815%20008_zpslrxxynva.jpg

I have to admit I am disappointed to Beretta 1301 Tactical which is the best combat shotgun out there but I'll struggle by.
Page / 164
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top