Page / 164
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 12:31:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 12:39:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:00:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in and if there is a deposit required, let me know. I have no problem chipping in.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 7:04:05 AM EDT
[#4]
In

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Could we possibly make this on a weekend or Friday night?  Weekday evenings are close to impossible for me
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 7:29:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Toadyrock] [#6]
Throw me on the list.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By conndcj:

McLadden's Irish Public House on Lasalle Road, West Hartford.  Max Burger is two blocks down the street.  Been open since 2009.  Largest selection of beers on tap in CT.  Go to the website and look at the burger toppings and you can see how things can get out of hand quickly.  Also same thing with build your own baked potatoes and nachos.  I think you can hit near $60 on those.  A couple of guys did just that when drunk and were stunned when the bill came.  

Place is good though.  Since I live less than a half mile from it, it's my home bar.  I go after work and leave before the youngins come in around 8ish.  Very, very nice place.  Greatest perk is I was one of the first 200 people to join their Founders Club.  I get any of those 80+ tap beers for $3 for LIFE.   Best deal in Christendom.  They have a back room that would be perfect for a CTHTF gathering.  I use it at least once a year for the CT Beer Socials I host for another site.

For the ultimate burger, bar none, if anybody goes to NYC, go to the Old Homestead Steak House and have their 20oz Kobe burger.  It is huge, unbelievably decadent and $41...which is a freaking bargain.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Typhoid70:
pan style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By conndcj:[/span]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By zegermanznew:[/span]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By Tbr1806:[/span]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By zegermanznew:[/span]
Recently fell in love with the burgers at Wooden Tap in Manchester/Vernon. Good stuff.

Burgers are my bread and butter. Ultimate comfort food. Love me some burgers.

Burgers #1

Wooden tap ...really? I just have never been a fan. If you want some GREAT pizza go to Paul's on rt83 and the bottom of Loveland hill, all of their pizza/pasta dishes are amazing. I have been eating there since I was a kid and my parents use to eat there before that (since they were teenagers) .

Only been twice and the burgers were both great.

Pizza is my next favorite (tied with pasta). We'll pick some up this weekend! DaVinces on 83 in Ellington is good, too. I grew up on Annes (Raffia Road Plaza) in Enfield, Greek pizza. Used to be soooooooooooo good but they changed ownership (and the recipe) a few years back.

The pizza gods have been most generous.  Already reserved for my daughter's birthday.  Well, actually for me.  Her birthday is a convenient excuse.

http://www.zuppardisapizza.com/pizza-truck/

As for burgers, there are many good ones but it's one of the few things I really think I can make great at home.  Especially with Pat LaFrieda ground beef.  Must admit though that the kobe burger at The Capital Grille and the Kobe 2.0 at Max Burger are awesome.  Also, the build you own at McLaddens is damn good but don't order drunk.  Nearly everything is optional and you can  build a nearly $50 burger if you're hammered and not paying attention.

Mcladdens?

Where is that?  

I'm a big fan of Kobe.  But prefer it in cubes.   It looses it's fat I an oily hurry if you go to small.  But that might only be from a few small samples of ground that I've had.

McLadden's Irish Public House on Lasalle Road, West Hartford.  Max Burger is two blocks down the street.  Been open since 2009.  Largest selection of beers on tap in CT.  Go to the website and look at the burger toppings and you can see how things can get out of hand quickly.  Also same thing with build your own baked potatoes and nachos.  I think you can hit near $60 on those.  A couple of guys did just that when drunk and were stunned when the bill came.  

Place is good though.  Since I live less than a half mile from it, it's my home bar.  I go after work and leave before the youngins come in around 8ish.  Very, very nice place.  Greatest perk is I was one of the first 200 people to join their Founders Club.  I get any of those 80+ tap beers for $3 for LIFE.   Best deal in Christendom.  They have a back room that would be perfect for a CTHTF gathering.  I use it at least once a year for the CT Beer Socials I host for another site.

For the ultimate burger, bar none, if anybody goes to NYC, go to the Old Homestead Steak House and have their 20oz Kobe burger.  It is huge, unbelievably decadent and $41...which is a freaking bargain.

Ah gotcha.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:
Uh....I'm kind of well known there.  They will require a large deposit from you.  But not from me.  I just know I'm going to regret this.  I just know.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/21/21d2f2194e7eb6925dac5a428cc518d4398b850316887505b740e8bd0e8ffdd2.jpg
I just had to.....

Just sat you know him
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:

If you would like to spearhead this it would be greatly appreciated. I gathered you were connected there, but I was not sure you were interested in exploiting that - and Im sure as hell not the kind of guy that would come out and ask you to . . .

I think you would find the vast majority of guys here are nothing short of great, despite the common campfire banter you see on here.

But I can only guarantee you will find no regret with me, as I have not met them all.

ETA: I expected a deposit, and I'd expect nothing short from all parties involved to find a fair way to make it work. For a little extra fun, I don't mind a little extra work.
View All Quotes

Uh....I'm kind of well known there.  They will require a large deposit from you.  But not from me.  I just know I'm going to regret this.  I just know.

If you would like to spearhead this it would be greatly appreciated. I gathered you were connected there, but I was not sure you were interested in exploiting that - and Im sure as hell not the kind of guy that would come out and ask you to . . .

I think you would find the vast majority of guys here are nothing short of great, despite the common campfire banter you see on here.

But I can only guarantee you will find no regret with me, as I have not met them all.

ETA: I expected a deposit, and I'd expect nothing short from all parties involved to find a fair way to make it work. For a little extra fun, I don't mind a little extra work.

No no no no!  Don't you break the third wall down
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 8:33:49 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

nope, hes sliding in the back door
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:23:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Woke up, thought this was a dream.  Guess not.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bikerman9967:

View All Quotes

It's full
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Back to sleep you!
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By dutchman84:
I'm in and if there is a deposit required, let me know. I have no problem chipping in.
View Quote

same
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#15]

It's full
View All Quotes

It's full

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#16]
in depending on the day
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Well these last few pages about PHO were killing me, so I headed down today.

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#18]
we must be fat fucks. we have food going on in 3 different threads
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Man that looks awesome. What did you get?
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
I'm trying to loose a few inches, this ain't helping at all.

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes

Shoot, Ive gained 25 lbs since I got married a little over a year ago

Originally Posted By Mak90ncheese:

I wish I knew the vietnamese names! haha
Its a #3- 2 shrimp spring rolls-with like a sweet nut sauce or something...I use that a little and mainly sirachi to dip them
Then a #25-rare steak soup.

I also get the lemonade...its fresh squeezed limes with salt and sugar(no lemons, but Im not going to be the one to explain that to them)-its unbelievable though!
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Its a #3- 2 shrimp spring rolls-with like a sweet nut sauce or something...I use that a little and mainly sirachi to dip them

I also get the lemonade...its fresh squeezed limes with salt and sugar(no lemons, but Im not going to be the one to explain that to them)-its unbelievable though!
View All Quotes

ive gained a few pounds myself. over 250 now
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Pho 75 is down the road from our terminal, I gotta try it still.

Those spring rolls look great .

I was 195 and in great shape when I met my wife in 1988. I'm 267 now after 23 years of marriage. I let my self go a little
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#24]

I was 195 and in great shape when I met my wife in 1988. I'm 267 now after 23 years of marriage. I let my self go a little

View All Quotes

congrats on the 23 years though ! im only 3 years into it. was 275 when i met my wife but way less fat. now im 250 and way less muscle
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Haha, yea I was 135 when I met my wife. 150 when we got married and 175 a year later....I honestly dont care, Id rather be happy eating wings, tacos, and pizza!

Yea biker but as long as the foods good!

I should have said....thats Pho Boston, Ive never been to any of the Pho's, no need for me, Im happy there!

Goldbergs....ham egg and cheese on a jalapeno cheddar!
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#26]
135???? holy crap. i dont remember ever weighing that much in my life.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Yea haha, I was into the hardcore/metal scene back then so I wore really tight clothes.  I actually could wear my wifes jeans.  Then pretty much I hit 21, overdid it with the drinking and the pounds started adding on.  A few OE 40's a night will really mess your waistline up

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Yea haha, I was into the hardcore/metal scene back then so I wore really tight clothes.  I actually could wear my wifes jeans.  Then pretty much I hit 21, overdid it with the drinking and the pounds started adding on.  A few OE 40's a night will really mess your waistline up

View All Quotes

back then hahaha how long ago was this?
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks bikerman,we had our ups and downs, but there's no one on this planet I'd rather spend the rest of my life with.

I hear what you're saying bending but unfortunately being a truck driver there are new regulations concerning weight and sleep apnea.

I love eating it's my favorite 2nd favorite hobby
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#30]
whats the first?
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Bout 10 years ago

I would assume its gotta be guns for mak90ncheese
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Bout 10 years ago

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Range time is my favorite hobby as well as my wife's . If we aren't busy around the house we go to the club.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Range time is my favorite hobby as well as my wife's . If we aren't busy around the house we go to the club.
View Quote

i have too many hobbys. like 20 of them. hunting, snowmobiles, cars, guns, throw my wife somewhere in there. then put food on top.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Bout 10 years ago

I've had my permit for 9 years . We were members at S&w range when we first got our permits. We went all the time then we  just stopped going. Then My wife had breast cancer so priorities changed.  she's good now, cancer free for 2 years now, now she is hooked wants me to finish my preban for her to use. Magpul pink furniture.

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#36]

i have too many hobbys. like 20 of them. hunting, snowmobiles, cars, guns, throw my wife somewhere in there. then put food on top.
View All Quotes

I want to try hunting someday. I have a lot of hobbies also food wife guns are the top 3. Better throw arfcom in there too. Traveling is starting to creep in now.

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Hunting is my top . Don't go no where near as much as I did when I was single but I still try and get out . I just plan big hunting trips now. Colorado elk is in 2017. I can't wait
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Hunting is my top . Don't go no where near as much as I did when I was single but I still try and get out . I just plan big hunting trips now. Colorado elk is in 2017. I can't wait
View Quote
I went to a game dinner and fell in love with goose. I couldn't believe how good it was, not sure how it was cooked but I thought it was beef at first look. Black bear was excellent as well.

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Haha, yea I was 135 when I met my wife. 150 when we got married and 175 a year later....I honestly dont care, Id rather be happy eating wings, tacos, and pizza!

I should have said....thats Pho Boston, Ive never been to any of the Pho's, no need for me, Im happy there!

View All Quotes

Just wait......sympathy weight. No joke!

But, we need a get together or CTHTF potluck. This thread is killing me!
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#40]
No shit , I was starving reading this stuff.

All I can think about is the pho......
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I went to a game dinner and fell in love with goose. I couldn't believe how good it was, not sure how it was cooked but I thought it was beef at first look. Black bear was excellent as well.  
View All Quotes

i shot a monster black bear in september. i still have a ton of meat . makes great burgers
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#42]
You guys are making me hungry. I've got Monday off. With all this talk of Pho, Pho Boston's for luch it is. Since I have never had Pho before, is there anything special I need to know? Is there any special way to eat Pho?

I'm interested in a meet and greet, depending on my work schedule.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By MikeScouter:
You guys are making me hungry. I've got Monday off. With all this talk of Pho, Pho Boston's for luch it is. Since I have never had Pho before, is there anything special I need to know? Is there any special way to eat Pho?

Mike
View Quote

A lot of the Vietnamese places are not open Monday

Double check hours
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Fuck is a pho??
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Double check hours
View All Quotes

Mike

Double check hours

Thanks, I just checked. Looks like they are open 7 days a week.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Fuck is a pho??
View Quote

There are 7 pages of Pho in this thread. How did you miss it.

I will find out what Pho is on Monday.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:46:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zegermanznew] [#47]
View Quote

Fear not, my friend, for it was not a dream. But I am happy to inform you that you have awaken in a strange bizzaro land - where I am equally as important as you.

I am uncertain at this point if it was I who was made as important as you, or if you were knocked down to my former level - but alas; I shall bask in this majestic glory for the time being.

You are off the hook, but I still hope you will make it.

"-Zegermanznew-,
Typically, if a large enough group is interested in using our back room, we allow them to do so without a charge.  During the holidays, we set minimum purchases for each group to meet, as the space is in high demand, but throughout the year, there is far more leeway concerning the space. We will bow to your requests. We know from where you hail, and have heard of your many righteous deeds to our great earth. We would be most gracious to host your group in all its excellence.

The room comfortably seats 24, although extra chairs and tables can be added to make room for more.  We try to reserve the space for groups of 16 or more.  If you have a group of that size, and we have the date you would like open, it will be held for you. we will do anything you want. ANYTHING.

If your group is a bit smaller than that, we have several areas in the dining room that can accommodate.  Tables can be moved in the back bar area, as well as along the bench in the main dining space.  We also have two large rounds that can seat 6 each.  If you would like to reserve an area, contact Jim, the General Manager of our West Hartford location, and he can get more details from you and make sure you are in a space that suites your needs.  Whatever you want, we will do it. Pick any part of our fine establishment and we will stricken all lowly surfs from it - so you and your most incredible group of gun buddies from the internet may enjoy your company.

I have attached a catering guide for you to look at, just in case you change your mind and decide to change the format of your event.

Thanks for thinking of us, and I hope to book something for you soon!

Erin LaRosa
Director of Marketing and Communications
McLadden Restaurant Group"

You other guys wouldn't believe it - but the air really does taste better up here. Soon - all of your taxes are belong to me! Muahahahahaaaa

ETA: For anyone seriously interested in getting together - please pay extra attention to the parts I crossed out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Mike
View All Quotes
Fuck is a pho??

Mike

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#49]

Fear not, my friend, for it was not a dream. But I am happy to inform you that you have awaken in a strange bizzaro land - where I am equally as important as you.

I am uncertain at this point if it was I who was made as important as you, or if you were knocked down to my former level - but alas; I shall bask in this majestic glory for the time being.

"-Zegermanznew-,
Typically, if a large enough group is interested in using our back room, we allow them to do so without a charge.  During the holidays, we set minimum purchases for each group to meet, as the space is in high demand, but throughout the year, there is far more leeway concerning the space. We will bow to your requests. We know from where you hail, and have heard of your many righteous deeds to our great earth. We would be most gracious to host your group in all its excellence.

The room comfortably seats 24, although extra chairs and tables can be added to make room for more.  We try to reserve the space for groups of 16 or more.  If you have a group of that size, and we have the date you would like open, it will be held for you. we will do anything you want. ANYTHING.

If your group is a bit smaller than that, we have several areas in the dining room that can accommodate.  Tables can be moved in the back bar area, as well as along the bench in the main dining space.  We also have two large rounds that can seat 6 each.  If you would like to reserve an area, contact Jim, the General Manager of our West Hartford location, and he can get more details from you and make sure you are in a space that suites your needs.  Whatever you want, we will do it. Pick any part of our fine establishment and we will stricken all lowly surfs from it - so you and your most incredible group of gun buddies from the internet may enjoy your company.

I have attached a catering guide for you to look at, just in case you change your mind and decide to change the format of your event.

Erin LaRosa

You other guys wouldn't believe it - but the air really does taste better up here. Soon - all of your taxes are belong to me! Muahahahahaaaa

View All Quotes

"-Zegermanznew-,

Erin LaRosa

You sure that's air your smokin?
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:51:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zegermanznew] [#50]

You sure that's air your smokin?
View Quote

Probably straight up oxygen. Its like living in a casino!
Page / 164
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top