Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2014 6:19:07 PM EDT
http://www.wfsb.com/story/25289157/man-shot-after-refusing-to-move-out-of-homeowners-way

(Video at link)

Following a verbal altercation, officials say one of the drivers pointed a gun at the homeowner. The homeowner, reached for his own gun and fired first.

Police say the homeowner is a licensed gun owner, and he will not face charges.
View Quote

I'm really glad to see that they didn't decide to arrest right away and let a judge figure it out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:22:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Its obnoxious how the reporter kept saying one man pulled a gun "but the other SHOT FIRST" in the clip I saw. Why couldn't she say "successfully defended his life"? I hate media.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#2]
It will be interesting to see the public outcry, and the (almost inevitable) Hartford Courant editorial on this.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Good shoot!  One for the good guys!  What kind of guy blocks somebody's driveway and then pulls a gun when the guy asks him to move?  That's messed up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good shoot!  One for the good guys!  What kind of guy blocks somebody's driveway and then pulls a gun when the guy asks him to move?  That's messed up.
View Quote

Id be curios to know how many rounds said idiot had in his magazine.

Glad the good guy is ok, and not in swamped by a legal shitstorm.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Why "no charges"? Shouldn't the aggressor be charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon, attempted murder, or threatening at least? I know a win is a win, but this story could be a help for the pro 2a side showing how important this issue is and how fast shit gets real.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Unless you consider the homeowner the aggressor - it says the guy who drew his gun first, which is the guy that was blocking the driveway, and his passenger were arrested. Doesn't say charges, but says they were arrested.

Every story in this light is beneficial to our cause, but were gonna need some details before we'll figure out how.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:23:22 AM EDT
[#8]
That sure doesn't sound very much like the Hartford that is in CT.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#9]
This was NRA Hero of the day today.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That and the fact that they respected the "permit holder confidentiality" and didn't publish his name and address have me scratching my head--- are we living in the twilight zone?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.wfsb.com/story/25289157/man-shot-after-refusing-to-move-out-of-homeowners-way

(Video at link)

Following a verbal altercation, officials say one of the drivers pointed a gun at the homeowner. The homeowner, reached for his own gun and fired first.

Police say the homeowner is a licensed gun owner, and he will not face charges.

I'm really glad to see that they didn't decide to arrest right away and let a judge figure it out.

That and the fact that they respected the "permit holder confidentiality" and didn't publish his name and address have me scratching my head--- are we living in the twilight zone?

maybe they buy crack from Malloy's kid?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

maybe they buy crack from Malloy's kid?
View Quote

Probably something like that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh, for fuck's sake...how is this a "road rage" incident?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I always defer to your experience on issues regarding road rage
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d6/d61d8b44edf4e0664cbd34714c5a78342b3780cd1ae4b9cd892f85dda93c6e3b.jpg

LOL

Is that Cavgunner?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top