Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 4:17:08 PM EDT
Dear bikers today we laid my cousin Kyle Startz to rest who was killed in the bike accident on rout 214 on 4/12/2014.  i would like for all the riders in CT to keep it safe!

R.I.P Kyle <3
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear that man

not a biker of any sort, but stay safe guys.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
sorry for your loss, I lived in ledyard for 14 yrs and saw this on the news the other day, 214 is a fun road to cruise down, but also can be hairy too.  RIP man
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry man.

Stay safe and slow  bikers.  And keep an eye out for the many dumb drivers out there.
To many have fallen already.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sorry to read this, sir.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]
My condolences to you and your family. May God wrap his warm hands around all of you and provide some comfort.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#6]
thank you everyone for the support! just please please be safe when riding!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Lost over 7 friends in bike accidents. Sorry for your loss and your family's loss. I will say a prayer for him and your family. God bless in these tough times, may things get better.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lost over 7 friends in bike accidents. Sorry for your loss and your family's loss. I will say a prayer for him and your family. God bless in these tough times, may things get better.
View Quote

thank you and sorry for your losses as well
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Very sorry for your loss.  Every year I try to convince myself to get a bike.  Every year I hear things like this and I back out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very sorry for your loss.  Every year I try to convince myself to get a bike.  Every year I hear things like this and I back out.
View Quote

thank you and i keep saying the same thing. i want one but idk if its really worth it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed
I would look so good on a fat boy- bike of course, you freaks!  I have the same thoughts though. but my son needs me and I need him, wife too! Of course
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Agreed
I would look so good on a fat boy- bike of course, you freaks!  I have the same thoughts though. but my son needs me and I need him, wife too! Of course
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:07:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry for your loss. It's always hard to loose someone early in life but it seems a little bit harder when a bike is involved. I was in a pretty major bike accident about 7 years ago. Changed my perspective on a lot of things . Changed my riding style too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:37:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm sorry for your loss.
19 years back I had a good wreck on a motorcycle. It was late and I was on a winding back road. I was going too fast and being dark, I misjudged a corner. I went off road, head over heels over the handlebars. I ended up on my back in the woods and the bike was upside down resting against a tree.
The good lord was watching me that night as I should have been killed. Being I was wearing a helmet and leather jacket prevented me from injury. I got to my feet, and walked back up to the road shaken, but unhurt. The bike was trashed.

It took several weeks to get on one after that experience.

Don't judge an accident too harshly. We all have 1 life to live. Go live your life. Just be smarter about it if you get a second chance.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:05:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Sorry to hear, OP.

Bikes scare the shit out of me, and I don't even own one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:46:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sorry for your loss. It's always hard to loose someone early in life but it seems a little bit harder when a bike is involved. I was in a pretty major bike accident about 7 years ago. Changed my perspective on a lot of things . Changed my riding style too.
View Quote

thank you, my father was killed in a bike accident but the medics were able to bring him back and i wish they could have done the same for my cousin.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm sorry for your loss.
19 years back I had a good wreck on a motorcycle. It was late and I was on a winding back road. I was going too fast and being dark, I misjudged a corner. I went off road, head over heels over the handlebars. I ended up on my back in the woods and the bike was upside down resting against a tree.
The good lord was watching me that night as I should have been killed. Being I was wearing a helmet and leather jacket prevented me from injury. I got to my feet, and walked back up to the road shaken, but unhurt. The bike was trashed.

It took several weeks to get on one after that experience.

Don't judge an accident too harshly. We all have 1 life to live. Go live your life. Just be smarter about it if you get a second chance.
View Quote

thats amazing! like i was telling bikerman my father was killed/annouced dead on scene in a bike accident but the medics were able to bring him back
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow; about your father, I'm glad to hear that, but sorry to hear about your cousin.
I just sold my last bike over the winter....stories like this are what drove me to sell it, and keep me from getting another, among other things.
I rode for about 6 years total and I guess the novelty of riding wore off for me and the risk outweighed the fun.  My cousin still rides though, and he rides HARD/Aggressive, so your loss kinda hits home in a way.  Again, sorry man, and like you said, everyone else, ride safe.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wow; about your father, I'm glad to hear that, but sorry to hear about your cousin.
I just sold my last bike over the winter....stories like this are what drove me to sell it, and keep me from getting another, among other things.
I rode for about 6 years total and I guess the novelty of riding wore off for me and the risk outweighed the fun.  My cousin still rides though, and he rides HARD/Aggressive, so your loss kinda hits home in a way.  Again, sorry man, and like you said, everyone else, ride safe.
View Quote

thank you and i hope your cousin changes his riding ways so nothing bad happens to him, not worth it in the end!

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dear bikers today we laid my cousin Kyle Startz to rest who was killed in the bike accident on rout 214 on 4/12/2014.  i would like for all the riders in CT to keep it safe!

R.I.P Kyle <3
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top