Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you guys do make me laugh as much as you make me shake my head in disbelief, I'll give you that.

In all seriousness, I hope it helped somewhat.  Again, I'm not going to even try and change anyone's opinion on CT LE.    

HH6 and the child are gone for the day.  Finished reloading tomorrow's ammo expenditures.  Time for bourbon and a cigar on the patio and then a Pepe's white clam pizza for dinner (last day of Lent.  I made it!  Yea me.)
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is interesting.  So conndcj stands for CT district court judge?  Or, am I reading too much between the lines?

View Quote

Connecticut Division of Criminal Justice.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well, you guys do make me laugh as much as you make me shake my head in disbelief, I'll give you that.

In all seriousness, I hope it helped somewhat.  Again, I'm not going to even try and change anyone's opinion on CT LE.    

HH6 and the child are gone for the day.  Finished reloading tomorrow's ammo expenditures.  Time for bourbon and a cigar on the patio and then a Pepe's white clam pizza for dinner (last day of Lent.  I made it!  Yea me.)
View Quote

Elmwood or Manchester?  The one in Elmwood I did not think was quite as good as the one in New Haven.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Elmwood or Manchester?  The one in Elmwood I did not think was quite as good as the one in New Haven.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Elmwood.  You are correct.  Although it is the best pizza in West Hartford (not a big leap by any stretch), it is nowhere near as good as the New Haven location.  I know they pre-aged all of the brick ovens for the other locations but you can't beat 80 years of natural aging in the NH location.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He is a State's Attorney.  

Conn Division of Criminal Justice
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is interesting.  So conndcj stands for CT district court judge?  Or, am I reading too much between the lines?

Whoa...  da man!  I suppose that is something like a district attorney.  

Betcha there are a few "I will not comply" posters rethinking their previous posts.

From Cheech and Chong:  "Dave's not here."  "Dave went underground, man"
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
... Finished reloading tomorrow's ammo expenditures.  ...
View Quote

A reloading prosecutor?  Dude, you're making my head spin

As long as you don't reload 9mm you're aces in my book.  9mm is for pussies.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Betcha there are a few "I will not comply" posters rethinking their previous posts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's never exactly kept his job a secret. In fact, he's been fairly open about what he does.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd only worry if you were a state employee

Let's draw the perspec line there gentlemen
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He's never exactly kept his job a secret. In fact, he's been fairly open about what he does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, never been exactly stealthy about it.

I have no interest in the will not comply, I smuggle magazines, tragic boating accident stuff.  I have enough work to do.  Although I must admit my co-workers and I are often AMAZED at what some of you will admit to doing or claim to do in an open forum.  

For the record, there are no District Attorneys in CT.  We have State's Attorneys.  While I certainly don't get excited about it like the whole "don't you DARE call a pistol permit a CCW permit" crew, there is a slight difference.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#10]
....For the record, there are no District Attorneys in CT.  We have State's Attorneys.  While I certainly don't get excited about it like the whole "don't you DARE call a pistol permit a CCW permit" crew, there is a slight difference.
View Quote

I know this is Friday eventing, but do you care to spend a sentence or two defining the difference for me?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have no interest in the will not comply, I smuggle magazines, tragic boating accident stuff.  I have enough work to do.  Although I must admit my co-workers and I are often AMAZED at what some of you will admit to doing or claim to do in an open forum.  

For the record, there are no District Attorneys in CT.  We have State's Attorneys.  While I certainly don't get excited about it like the whole "don't you DARE call a pistol permit a CCW permit" crew, there is a slight difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean like that time I was running gunz with Leland Yee and guzzling moonshine whilst doin' toots of Heisenberg's meth off of Santa Claus' tummytum?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#13]
conndcj, can you get us off jury duty?

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
While I certainly don't get excited about it like the whole "don't you DARE call a pistol permit a CCW permit" crew, there is a slight difference.
View Quote

Many, many, long years ago, Connecticut permits contained the phrase "[Name] has a legal right to carry pistols and revolvers .........."

They put  a stop to that shit, by removing those words, and never has anyone explained why.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Elmwood.  You are correct.  Although it is the best pizza in West Hartford (not a big leap by any stretch), it is nowhere near as good as the New Haven location.  I know they pre-aged all of the brick ovens for the other locations but you can't beat 80 years of natural aging in the NH location.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I guess not although at the time I kind of thought the difference in taste might have been just my imagination.  But you are correct it is the best in West Hartford.  Years ago Harrys used to be very good.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The pistol permit does not say "concealed"  

Oh, were you asking him to explain job titles?    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
....For the record, there are no District Attorneys in CT.  We have State's Attorneys.  While I certainly don't get excited about it like the whole "don't you DARE call a pistol permit a CCW permit" crew, there is a slight difference.

I know this is Friday eventing, but do you care to spend a sentence or two defining the difference for me?

The pistol permit does not say "concealed"  

Oh, were you asking him to explain job titles?    

Right...When I got mine I was hoping it covered "concealed weapons" like a knife.  Too bad.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
conndcj, can you get us off jury duty?

View Quote

Brother, I can't get out of jury duty.  They have really tightened that up in recent years.  Last time Hartford kept me all day and no one chose me.  It sucked.  I'd like to sit on a civil jury someday actually.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You mean like that time I was running gunz with Leland Yee and guzzling moonshine whilst doin' toots of Heisenberg's meth off of Santa Claus' tummytum?
View Quote

No, not that time.  The OTHER time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The state is divided into 13 Judicial Districts, each one headed by a State's Attorney who is the chief law enforcement official for that JD (it jives with the various counties pretty much).  SA's are appointed for an 8 year term as opposed to DAs that are elected.  Judges and SAs are not elected in CT.  We are talking the top guys here although I too am appointed, pretty much for life or in my case 15 more years.  There are approximately 240 state's attorneys of various ranks in CT (supervisory (me), senior, assistant and deputy), not counting the 13 big bosses and my boss, the Chief State's Attorney.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#20]
OK GUYS SHUT THE FUCK ABOUT RUNNING MOONSHINE AND HI CAP MAGAZINES FROM OTHER STATES.

ALSO DON'T TELL US ANYMORE WHTA YOU DIDN"T REGISTER

AND DON"T SAY YOU ARE CARRYIGN 15 ROUNDS IN YOUR GLOCK RIGHT NOW

or just continue business as usual.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OK GUYS SHUT THE FUCK ABOUT RUNNING MOONSHINE AND HI CAP MAGAZINES FROM OTHER STATES.

ALSO DON'T TELL US ANYMORE WHTA WHAT YOU DIDN"T DIDN'T REGISTER

AND DON"T DON'T SAY YOU ARE CARRYIGN CARRYING 15 ROUNDS IN YOUR GLOCK RIGHT NOW,

View Quote

If your going to be obnoxious typing in all caps, then I'll correct your spelling.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If your going to be obnoxious typing in all caps, then I'll correct your spelling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ALSO DON'T TELL US ANYMORE WHTA WHAT YOU DIDN"T DIDN'T REGISTER

AND DON"T DON'T SAY YOU ARE CARRYIGN CARRYING 15 ROUNDS IN YOUR GLOCK RIGHT NOW,

You're.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Banana gifs belong to me!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Too late.

And you should see your file.  Wow have you been busy.

I'm more concerned that you are carrying a Glock rather than how many rounds you are packing.

Keep sticking to the man Matthew.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Too late.

I'm more concerned that you are carrying a Glock rather than how many rounds you are packing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too late.

This right cheer shows me dat da mans data base be week
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Some reliable inside info from a fly on the wall:

What I've learned is that there were two (2) officers working construction almost directly in front of the gunowners house. Squirrels had been digging up his yard and eating his garden on the side of his house near the front yard, which frustrated him and made him angry. So he decided to shoot a squirrel with his .22 rifle (non-AW), shooting out through an open window from a position inside the home towards the street and where officers were standing for their construction job. The shot was close enough that it made the officers jump and they looked up to see the rifle pointed in their direction, believing he might have even been shooting at them. They detained and interviewed him, during which he admitted to shooting the squirrel. During the interview, he readily told officers that he owned several other firearms and had been shooting squirrels from inside the home on a regular basis, as evidenced by numerous bullet holes in the fence between his home
and the neighbor's. After demonstrating his poor judgement and his admission to owning other weapons, the officers then obtained a Risk Warrant, signed by a judge, on the basis of the unlawful discharge and reckless use of the firearm. During the execution of the Risk Warrant, the officers seized aprox 20 firearms, to include 3 unregistered handgun LCMs and an unregistered AW (a 5.56 S&W M&P-15).

Throughout the entire investigation he remained overly cooperative, much to his detriment. He also admitted to officers that he had legally purchased the S&W M&P-15 (AW) legally out of state before the new laws went into effect in April 2013, but had not registered the newly declared AW or any of his 3 handgun LCMs
View Quote

hmm, doesn't sound like this is the case to expend a lot of effort on.  You need to find one where the charged party is far more sympathetic and liable to draw POSITIVE public opinion.  That's how it was/is out here. I can't think of anyone getting busted for an un-registered AW independent of other questionable activity.

If you didn't register guns and/or mags or have illegal in your possession, then you need to be extremely careful in all aspects of your life.  Including OPSEC and not letting anybody , ANYBODY, know what you might have squirreled away NOT in your gun safe.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top