Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 2:52:06 PM EDT
In the last two weeks, I have had convo's with 4 people where they asked for my opinion on a firearm. First question - do you have a permit? Their answer - no.

Me: "I can give you advice now but you need a permit to buy anything - even ammo"
Them: "Really? Are you serious"
Me: "Yep. Thanks Dan Malloy."
Them: "Really? He did this?"
Me: "Him and the other Democrats. Republicans, too."
Them: "Wow! So I can't buy anything now? I'll just get a permit! How long does that take?"
Me: "A class (tough to get into), a couple hundred dollars, and 4-6 months"
Them: "That sucks! Are you sure? Can I buy something out of state? Can you sell me something?"
Me: "Technically yes, but you'd be screwed if you had to use it. And no I won't sell you anything as that would be illegal and it's already in my name"
Them: ""
Me: "You get what you vote for"

All parties are either Democrats or Independents and none pay attention to anything on a local level.

Screw them.

Anyone else have stories of butthurt flowing?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
In the last two weeks, I have had convo's with 4 people where they asked for my opinion on a firearm. First question - do you have a permit? Their answer - no.

Me: "I can give you advice now but you need a permit to buy anything - even ammo"
Them: "Wow! So I can't buy anything now? I'll just get a permit! How long does that take?"
Them: "That sucks! Are you sure? Can I buy something out of state? Can you sell me something?"
Me: "Technically yes, but you'd be screwed if you had to use it. And no I won't sell you anything as that would be illegal and it's already in my name"

All parties are either Democrats or Independents and none pay attention to anything on a local level.

Screw them.

View Quote

No.

I don't associate with ignorant dillholes.

Everyone I hang with knows the fucking score.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you let the know it was all for the chilren?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you let the know it was all for the chilren?
View Quote

Nope, but i did let them know their voting choices led to the outcome.

IYR, i had a thread a couple weeks ago about how no one gave a crap that the new laws were about to kick in?

Now, they give a crap.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

People generally only care about their rights once they've lost them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#4]
A kid at my work who wanted to get his permit was all fired up about liberty and was gonna go to the rally . Instead he slept in and used the corse money on some rims for his dirt bike. Should have fired him
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A kid at my work who wanted to get his permit was all fired up about liberty and was gonna go to the rally . Instead he slept in and used the corse money on some rims for his dirt bike. Should have fired him
View Quote

lot of people like that. i never understood it. one of the first things i did after moving into my new place and getting a much needed raise was purchase a couple of firearms. last thing on my mind was a rims or other shit to piss money on.

oh well, to each his own... but you can't throw your bike rims at a home invader.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw them.

No.

of the uconn game?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

well damn give me his job! i need a job lol
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:12:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

of the uconn game?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw them.

No.

of the uconn game?

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Screw them.

View Quote

There's one case where I wish I was a fly on the wall when the butthurt began flowing- I went to that Connecticut Against Gun Violence conference last year to see what those asshats were up to, and there was one self proclaimed hunter who was practically the president of Beth Bye's fan club and sneering at the gun rights people.  If he really was a hunter I would've loved to be there as he goes to the store to pick up his hunting rounds only to find out Mr. I-want-to-suck-Beth-Bye's-dick needed a permit to buy ammo just like everyone else.  I would put money on it that as he showered her with praise that he didn't know she tried to get a bill passed that would stick him with a 50% ammo tax along with the people he detested.  I never would have believed such an idiot could have existed until I saw one with my own eyes..

Gun control people are retarded.  There's no other word I can think of that describes those characters.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#10]
There are a shit ton of people that dont have a clue what was in this law.

I wonder if there would have been more folks at the capitol if these same folks would have known.

Most seemed to think that it only affected AW's.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I talk to at least one person every day that has absolutely no idea that the gun laws impact *them*.  Of course in all fairness, the media didn't provide the public with accurate facts on the issue.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There are a shit ton of people that dont have a clue what was in this law.

I wonder if there would have been more folks at the capitol if these same folks would have known.

Most seemed to think that it only affected AW's.
View Quote

Well stated.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats your skill-set?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There's one case where I wish I was a fly on the wall when the butthurt began flowing- I went to that Connecticut Against Gun Violence conference last year to see what those asshats were up to, and there was one self proclaimed hunter who was practically the president of Beth Bye's fan club and sneering at the gun rights people.  If he really was a hunter I would've loved to be there as he goes to the store to pick up his hunting rounds only to find out Mr. I-want-to-suck-Beth-Bye's-dick needed a permit to buy ammo just like everyone else.  I would put money on it that as he showered her with praise that he didn't know she tried to get a bill passed that would stick him with a 50% ammo tax along with the people he detested.  I never would have believed such an idiot could have existed until I saw one with my own eyes..

Gun control people are retarded.  There's no other word I can think of that describes those characters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw them.

Some people enjoy jumping through hoops.

Some of that subset even enjoy it as a privilege.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Some people enjoy jumping through hoops.

Some of that subset even enjoy it as a privilege.
View Quote

I wush just doing my part to help shtop gun vay-lunch.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There's one case where I wish I was a fly on the wall when the butthurt began flowing- I went to that Connecticut Against Gun Violence conference last year to see what those asshats were up to, and there was one self proclaimed hunter who was practically the president of Beth Bye's fan club and sneering at the gun rights people.  If he really was a hunter I would've loved to be there as he goes to the store to pick up his hunting rounds only to find out Mr. I-want-to-suck-Beth-Bye's-dick needed a permit to buy ammo just like everyone else.  I would put money on it that as he GOLDEN showered her with praise that he didn't know she tried to get a bill passed that would stick him with a 50% ammo tax along with the people he detested.  I never would have believed such an idiot could have existed until I saw one with my own eyes..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw them.

There's one case where I wish I was a fly on the wall when the butthurt began flowing- I went to that Connecticut Against Gun Violence conference last year to see what those asshats were up to, and there was one self proclaimed hunter who was practically the president of Beth Bye's fan club and sneering at the gun rights people.  If he really was a hunter I would've loved to be there as he goes to the store to pick up his hunting rounds only to find out Mr. I-want-to-suck-Beth-Bye's-dick needed a permit to buy ammo just like everyone else.  I would put money on it that as he GOLDEN showered her with praise that he didn't know she tried to get a bill passed that would stick him with a 50% ammo tax along with the people he detested.  I never would have believed such an idiot could have existed until I saw one with my own eyes..

Your giving the retarded a bad name

BTW FIFY
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

BTW FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw them.

BTW FIFY

I literally stopped using that word based solely on the fact - most of the time I use it as of late, it was more insulting to the retarded.

Calling people like Dave describes retarded doesn't do it justice.  Its letting them off easy, really. After all, retards can't help it, but these people bring themselves to it. Their ignorance and naïvety is of a level rarely achieved by the human race.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I literally stopped using that word based solely on the fact - most of the time I use it as of late, it was more insulting to the retarded.

Calling people like Dave describes retarded doesn't do it justice.  Its letting them off easy, really. After all, retards can't help it, but these people bring themselves to it. Their ignorance and naïvety is of a level rarely achieved by the human race.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw them.

BTW FIFY

Haha, just said the same thing recently

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:12:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah their not "retarted" (I understand its use as a slang word). People who are actually "retarded" cannot help themselves. Anti rights people can. They simply choose not to. They are letting their emotions (namely fear) and hoplophobia dictate and drive their views, reasoning, and logical thinking when it comes to guns. And as we see time and again letting one's emotions drive the legislation process generally ends with really poor or outright bad legislation. The anti rights politicians and political action groups have to feed on people's fear, hoplophobia and down right ignorance when it comes to firearms otherwise they cannot pass their anti rights political agenda.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:31:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah their not "retarted" (I understand its use as a slang word). People who are actually "retarded" cannot help themselves.
View Quote

Oh..  you mean like Ma-Ma-Ma-Malloy
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:54:53 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm so lost.

Am I retarded?

Sometimes I think that Being retarded might be pretty cool.  

The world can be a depressing, frustrating, and lonely place when you are substantially more intelligent than than everyone around you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top