Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2013 3:09:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I did the same,  I do t see why they would need anything more.

P.S. fuck this fucking state
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't think the mags needed to be notorized
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]
they need receipts or affidavit
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't think the mags needed to be notorized
View Quote

The application form for magazine registration does not need to be notarized. But if you are submitting a sworn affidavit because you cannot find some or all of the purchase receipts, then the sworn affidavit document has to be notarized.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Should the date on the mag affidavit be April 4, 2013?

Layout is great!  Hope you don't mind if I use it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Should the date on the mag affidavit be April 4, 2013?

Layout is great!  Hope you don't mind if I use it.
View Quote

go for it
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#7]
So WTF is an affidavit?  A notarized letter?
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I decided against putting make/model in the actual affidavit - here is my draft - I did one for each firearm -

AFFIDAVIT OF Mjm1

I, Mjm1, being duly sworn, hereby attest to the following:

1.  I own and legally possess the serialized item specified in the attached Form DPS-414-C.

2.  The serialized item specified in the attached Form DPS-414-C was purchased before April 4, 2013, and in compliance with applicable state and federal laws.

____________________________
                                                                                                 Mjm1

STATE OF CONNECTICUT, COUNTY OF HARTFORD
The foregoing instrument was acknowledged before me on this ____ day of __________, 2013, by Mjm1, who, being first duly sworn on oath according to law, deposes and says he has read the foregoing affidavit subscribed by him, and that the matters stated herein are true and to the best of his information, knowledge and belief.

Link Posted: 7/31/2013 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#9]
In addirion to my AW affidavit,  (my son built it for me several years ago), I also got a sworn affidavit from him, stating that he had given me the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So WTF is an affidavit?  A notarized letter?
View Quote

Its just a sworn statement, usually given for legal and/or financial reasons.

It's your word given under oath, and if its not truthful you can often be punished. That's why the state wants it for the new gun rules, so they can bust on people they determine to be liars later on. A false statement under oath is a crime in itself according to the CT statutes.

A notary is more like an (authorized/official) public witness to you actually being the one bringing forth the letter/application of yours and signing it.

Not every sworn statement has to be notarized, it depends on what its for.

I just made one sworn statement for the firearms and magazines, not 2 separate ones. I then had it notarized, assuming that a notary is required for a sworn statement when the state is involved.

Link Posted: 8/1/2013 5:51:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice, Would it be Ok to use it ?
Quoted:
magazines

AW
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2013 6:18:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#13]
What happened to it it is all 0's now
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Ill take a look at it i tonight.  I synced another computer to my dropbox.  It may have messed it up

Eta theyare ok, word 2013
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I still don't get the sworn affidavit...do i write up statement and get it notarized?  Or wtf
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I still don't get the sworn affidavit...do i write up statement and get it notarized?  Or wtf
View Quote
It doesn't have to be anything fancy man...

Example:

This is a sworn statement to attest that I, tommyt, purchased all firearms and magazines listed on the applications provided prior to April 4th 2013, in compliance with state and federal laws.

YOUR SIG/DATE

NOTARY

And done.
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd go with "solemnly swear" or "sincerely affirm," just because it is the preferred language, or mjm's form above, but it's probly fine.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top