Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#1]
As a member of CTARNG am I exempt from the awb and capacity limits?
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By icecoast:
As a member of CTARNG am I exempt from the awb and capacity limits?
View Quote

Possibly, but if you post the actual name instead of the acronym it may be easier to tell you
Is that the aux nat guard?
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#3]
army national guard
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#4]
You are good to go then.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 12:12:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Milspec99] [#5]
Never mind

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in RI and I have a buyer for an M4 complete upper receiver with bolt carrier and charging handle.  The buyer lives in CT.

It has an A2 bird cage flash hider(not pinned) and a bayonet lug.

Is it legal for me to sell this item to the buyer?

I have a complete rifle, but he is only interested in my upper and claims (yes I know he can claim anything he wants) his lower is a pre-ban.

Any advice here is appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mosinator762x54r:
I live in RI and I have a buyer for an M4 complete upper receiver with bolt carrier and charging handle.  The buyer lives in CT.

It has an A2 bird cage flash hider(not pinned) and a bayonet lug.

Is it legal for me to sell this item to the buyer?

I have a complete rifle, but he is only interested in my upper and claims (yes I know he can claim anything he wants) his lower is a pre-ban.

Any advice here is appreciated.
View Quote

yup upper is completely legal to sell no matter whats on it. its just parts
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a m&p 15/22 with bull barrel and wanted a comp that I could put on.  If I had it threaded then pinned would this be a work around to a threaded barrel? Would this configuration still be legal with a pinned stock?
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Trippletap55:
I have a m&p 15/22 with bull barrel and wanted a comp that I could put on.  If I had it threaded then pinned would this be a work around to a threaded barrel? Would this configuration still be legal with a pinned stock?
View Quote

Yes, because they are using the old law for rimfires
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#10]
A Conniticuct member states he is LEO and wants to buy my Colt LE6920.

Is this legal?

I know what I have read from my research, I would like verification from residents/LEO/FFL's.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By KA3B:

Is this legal?

I know what I have read from my research, I would like verification from residents/LEO/FFL's.

Thanks!
View Quote

It is legal, he needs a letter from his commanding officer stating it is approved for purchase. Delta Arsenal is the FFL to call with questions, many FFLs won't transfer any ARs, including prebans which are GTG for anyone.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 6:01:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Bigred200e:

It is legal, he needs a letter from his commanding officer stating it is approved for purchase. Delta Arsenal is the FFL to call with questions, many FFLs won't transfer any ARs, including prebans which are GTG for anyone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bigred200e:
Originally Posted By KA3B:

Is this legal?

Thanks!

Who would get that letter, me as the seller or him as the buyer?
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:51:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:
The FFL transferring the rifle to him.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Hello I was looking at getting a Connecticut compliant SW15-22 sport.

But I am trying to find out if there are any compliant .17HMR available?  
I would like the added range for hunting but I cannot find any.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:46:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gordo556] [#16]
There are companies making .22lr marked lowers which have been legally transferred after the ban Malloy put in. Because it is rimfire.  You then can buy a 17hmr upper and build from there as long as you are within the legal limits of evil features.   You cannot have a flash hider, threaded barrel, telescoping or collapsing or folding stock.    Rimfires are allowed ONE feature to be legal WITH a detatchable mag.  TWO features will make it against the law. So the pistol grip of an ar is that ONE allowed feature so that means no threaded barrel, flash suppressor, bayo lug collapsing stock etc.

Franklin armory makes a sweet ass 17WSM...$$$$$$
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jgreen2193:
There are companies making .22lr marked lowers which have been legally transferred after the ban Malloy put in. Because it is rimfire.  
View Quote

Just make sure you have an ffl tha will transfer it before you spend any money. The few shops that I knew who did it in the past no longer will.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Durham68:

Just make sure you have an ffl tha will transfer it before you spend any money. The few shops that I knew who did it in the past no longer will.
View Quote

@durham68 do you know of any who has .22lr marked lowers right now?  

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By CTjer:

@durham68 do you know of any who has .22lr marked lowers right now?  
View Quote

I don't. Tactical Machining is the only source I knew of and they are out of stock. They are responsive if you email.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Durham68:

I don't. Tactical Machining is the only source I knew of and they are out of stock. They are responsive if you email.
View Quote

I have, they told me not anything they plan on doing soon.  

No worries.  I certainly don't NEED another project.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:39:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gordo556] [#21]
Edit
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quick question about NFA compliance..  I have been drooling for a while over a double picatinny clamp and building a shorty 870 to go under one of my ARs. Would I need to SBR the 870, or would it get a pass as long as it's attached to the rifle?

Common sense would dictate that it would need an NFA stamp, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Beetlebz:
Quick question about NFA compliance..  I have been drooling for a while over a double picatinny clamp and building a shorty 870 to go under one of my ARs. Would I need to SBR the 870, or would it get a pass as long as it's attached to the rifle?

Common sense would dictate that it would need an NFA stamp, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.
View Quote

Yes you need a stamp
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#24]
SKS bullpup conversion Trunk Gun Legal???
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quick question about paperwork. I came across a tacticooled mini 14 years ago..  aftermarket poly stock, pistol grip, flash hider, but it's definitely a preban.

Thing is, it was bought during a time when a gun sale was cash and a handshake. Being a preban is it still good to go or should I keep it laying low?
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#26]
You don't need a receipt of purchase. Who was the manufacturer of the rifle? If it is Chinese it is definitely OK as they were banned before the ban. If it is Springfield, call/email them to verify manufacture date via the serial number.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:
You don't need a receipt of purchase. Who was the manufacturer of the rifle? If it is Chinese it is definitely OK as they were banned before the ban. If it is Springfield, call/email them to verify manufacture date via the serial number.
View Quote

I'm sorry, to whom were you replying?

If it was me, it's a ruger and definitely preban, but it's not registered with the state. For that matter, I have a revolver from the 60s that's also not registered. Not sure what the legality is
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Beetlebz:

I'm sorry, to whom were you replying?

If it was me, it's a ruger and definitely preban, but it's not registered with the state. For that matter, I have a revolver from the 60s that's also not registered. Not sure what the legality is
View Quote

I was talking to you Beetle. Sorry missed the Mini part, thought you said M14 (M1a). As Andrapos said, no need to have registration for everything if it was legally purchased and/or transferred in state.

If you want proof for whatever reason about preban status, you can look up Ruger Mini manufacture dates HERE.

Cheers,

John
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Once again, you guys are unbelievably helpful. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Two questions. The questions are similar in nature but they are for two different guns. After proof reading my questions it can read like I am trying to work some kind of an angle. I am not. I have a .22lr suppressor coming in and I'm trying to figure out what is, or can be made, compatible with it.

1) An AR-15 variant built on a stamped .22lr lower is gtg so long as it can't be readily converted to a centerfire rifle, correct? Could that rifle have a threaded barrel?

2) Can a bolt action .22lr rifle with a detachable magazine have a threaded barrel?

The suppressor is a Griffin Checkmate, it utilizes a 3 lug QD attachment that threads onto the barrel. For an example; if the bolt action rifle (Savage mkIV) cannot have a threaded barrel, I would have the 3-lug attachment pinned/welded onto the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:
Two questions. The questions are similar in nature but they are for two different guns. After proof reading my questions it can read like I am trying to work some kind of an angle. I am not. I have a .22lr suppressor coming in and I'm trying to figure out what is, or can be made, compatible with it.

1)An AR-15 variant built on a stamped .22lr lower is gtg so long as it can't be readily converted to a centerfire rifle, correct? Could that rifle have a threaded barrel?

In addition to a detachable magazine, it would be able to have 1 feature. Most commonly people go with the pistol grip. In order to have threading, it would need to be equipped with a non-pistol grip stock, no bayonet lug, no telescoping or collapsible stock, and no grenade launcher.  

2) Can a bolt action .22lr rifle with a detachable magazine have a threaded barrel?

Yes! A bolt action can have as many features as you can attach to it.
The suppressor is a Griffin Checkmate, it utilizes a 3 lug QD attachment that threads onto the barrel. For an example; if the bolt action rifle (Savage mkIV) cannot have a threaded barrel, I would have the 3-lug attachment pinned/welded onto the barrel.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks JAD
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Any of you guys seen this?  Maybe a work around?

Mag Lock
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By plinker8:
Any of you guys seen this?  Maybe a work around?

Mag Lock
View Quote

I've seen another post on this before.
My question is:
How does this qualify the rifle as not having a detachable magazine?
After-all, the magazine is detachable. You just have to pop the rear take-down pin to do so. But, still detachable.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By User55645:

I've seen another post on this before.
My question is:
How does this qualify the rifle as not having a detachable magazine?
After-all, the magazine is detachable. You just have to pop the rear take-down pin to do so. But, still detachable.
View Quote

Kind of what I was thinking.  Hoping there is a way to make something legal out of the two 80% paper weights I have.  Probably not gunna happen
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:

The law says  
View Quote

So are you agreeing that popping the rear take-down pin qualifies as disassembling the action, or not?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JAD:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JAD:
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:

1)An AR-15 variant built on a stamped .22lr lower is gtg so long as it can't be readily converted to a centerfire rifle, correct? Could that rifle have a threaded barrel?

In addition to a detachable magazine, it would be able to have 1 feature. Most commonly people go with the pistol grip. In order to have threading, it would need to be equipped with a non-pistol grip stock, no bayonet lug, no telescoping or collapsible stock, and no grenade launcher.  

Yes! A bolt action can have as many features as you can attach to it.

So you are saying something like a 10/22 can have a threaded barrel as long as it has its typical rifle stock and not one of those crazy tactical stocks with a pistol grip?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Iraq_Vet_SSG:

So you are saying something like a 10/22 can have a threaded barrel as long as it has its typical rifle stock and not one of those crazy tactical stocks with a pistol grip?
View Quote

Cabelas is selling a threaded 10/22 right now....
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By plinker8:

Cabelas is selling a threaded 10/22 right now....
View Quote

JoJos is threading a 10/22 for me right now, and he laughed at me when I asked if I needed to pin the QD suppressor mount on it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#42]
More in relation to my Griffin Checkmate coming in. It uses this three lug QD adapter that gets threaded on the end of the barrel, and can be pinned on the end of the barrel to make it permanent (no longer a threaded barrel).

I've not looked at the laws for .22lr handguns, I assume they're the same for centerfire handguns?

Does anyone see a way you could permanently attach one of these QD mounts to a Walther P22 and still be able to take it down enough to clean it? I'm watching video after video trying to figure out how the barrel threads into a barrel guide etc. I can't make sense of how it would work.

Aside from Browning Buckmarks and Ruger MKs, any ideas for other good .22 suppressor hosts?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#43]
if you can get a mk4 22/45 lite, have a qd pinned, it would trump all the options that you could come up with. very reliable pea shooters.

the barrels on semis as you listed slide out of the slide. if the qd was a smaller od and the barrel hole on the slide is a larger id, you could finagle the bagle.  but thats a theory ive been thinking about.  not sure on accuracy or barrel support though.  
if my memory serves me correct, i saw a 22/45 lite at the place with a shit show parking lot. but my eyes could have been playing tricks on me.

other than that, we are limited to mk style 22's for suppressor hosts. if you can get a shop to buy a new mk series, and pin a qd then transfer it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Pre-Ban Buckmarks are not too hard to find either.  Since the barrel is not serialized like a Ruger, you can just order a TacSol barrel for it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By milecreekmustang:
Pre-Ban Buckmarks are not too hard to find either.  Since the barrel is not serialized like a Ruger, you can just order a TacSol barrel for it.
View Quote

For a decent price?

Everyone I find is like $400-500.   That's like double what I'm looking to spend on a 20+ year old .22
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#46]
I got lucky but actually found on in the gun library at Cabelas for $250, it was in nice shape.  I think it was so clean because the set screws that keep the rear sight from moving all over the place were never tightened.  The previous owner probably thought it was a piece of junk with bad accuracy.

Most do seem to be in the $400 range, but most are nowhere near worn out.  It sucks that by the time you get the threaded barrel, you are at $550-$600 for a .22 host.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:30:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Andrapos] [#47]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#48]
the whole mag block thing if i recall, was beaten to death here over a year ago. its not verified legal in CT to do. verified i mean as taken to court with lawyers, and is given the OK to use on new builds and new purchases, preformed at the FFL dealer by an FFL in which your buying the lower from or complete gun from.  until then, its a VERY GREY area. i do also agree its legit and good to go, but there is no legal status for this. play at your own risk.  for me, the risk is not worth facing felony charges, and i for one will not do this until the state says its legal to use.

if your in need of a brand new ar lower or whatever, you can buy from that guy in new milford selling AOW's built on YOUR choice of lower
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Any FFLs still doing transfers of Pre-ban Rifles?

Link Posted: 12/7/2017 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SanchoPanza:
Any FFLs still doing transfers of Pre-ban Rifles?

View Quote
Yes
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top