Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2013 2:14:15 PM EDT
I cant keep up with everything...

Can we buy and or sell ammo privately and have it shipped here still?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump
Anyone. Dont want to be a pain but i can score some ammo on a trade and wonder if it can be sent here to CT?
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bump
Anyone. Dont want to be a pain but i can score some ammo on a trade and wonder if it can be sent here to CT?

You can until October 1sr
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump

You can until October 1sr

Ok thanks, I CAN have ammo shipped into Ct up until Oct 1st.

Thank you
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been buying and trading and no problems the new law for ammo portion goes into effect oct 1 you will need  gov permission to buy ammo
next youll need authorization to take a piss and someone else will have to hold and aim because we cant be trusted to do anything ourselves
sorry about the rant but your good to go till oct 1
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I cant keep up with everything...

Can we buy and or sell ammo privately and have it shipped here still?

Yes. We can still buy and sell ammo privately and even have it shipped here before and after October 1st, 2013. Starting on October 1st the buyer must show a valid; permit to carry a pistol or revolver, permit to sell at retail a pistol or revolver, eligibility certificate for a pistol or revolver, long gun eligibility certificate, or a ammunition certificate.

Since April 4th ammunition can no longer be sold to anyone under the age of 18.

Here is the actual language of the ammunition portion of the public act:

Sec. 14. (NEW) (Effective from passage) (a) For the purposes of this section and sections 15 to 17, inclusive, of this act, "ammunition" means a loaded cartridge, consisting of a primed case, propellant or projectile, designed for use in any firearm, "firearm" has the meaning provided in section 53a-3 of the general statutes, and "magazine" means any firearm magazine, belt, drum, feed strip or similar device that accepts ammunition.

(b) No person, firm or corporation shall sell ammunition or an ammunition magazine to any person under eighteen years of age.

(c) On and after October 1, 2013, no person, firm or corporation shall sell ammunition or an ammunition magazine to any person unless such person holds a valid permit to carry a pistol or revolver issued pursuant to subsection (b) of section 29-28 of the general statutes, as amended by this act, a valid permit to sell at retail a pistol or revolver issued pursuant to subsection (a) of section 29-28 of the general statutes, a valid eligibility certificate for a pistol or revolver issued pursuant to section 29-36f of the general statutes, as amended by this act, or a valid long gun eligibility certificate issued pursuant to section 2 of this act and presents to the transferor such permit or certificate, or unless such person holds a valid ammunition certificate issued pursuant to section 15 of this act and presents to the transferor such certificate and such person's motor vehicle operator's license, passport or other valid form of identification issued by the federal government or a state or municipal government that contains such person's date of birth and photograph.

(d) The provisions of this section shall not apply to the sale, delivery or transfer of ammunition between (1) a federally-licensed firearm manufacturer and a federally-licensed firearm dealer, (2) a federally-licensed firearm importer and a federally-licensed firearm dealer, or (3) federally-licensed firearm dealers.

(e) Any person who violates any provision of this section shall be guilty of a class D felony.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top