Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2013 5:02:59 PM EDT
I searched through the bill and a synopsis of the bill and can't find out where this was said, is it true that the magazine cannot stick out below the grip of the firearm of was I seeing things?
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I recall seeing the same, but it was not specific to the MAGAZINE or an extension attached to the magazine which would only improve grip but NOT capacity.
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I searched through the bill and a synopsis of the bill and can't find out where this was said, is it true that the magazine cannot stick out below the grip of the firearm of was I seeing things?

That only applies to LCM's, and what you can do with them.

If you have a valid pistol permit, and are carrying a gun bought before the bill was signed you can use an LCM in your carry pistol, as long as you do not put more than 10 rounds in it, and it doesn't extend beyond the bottom of the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
We all talked about this tonight at K33. One interesting technicality

One theory (with pistols):

If you have a regular pistol with  10 rd mags you can carry as many mags as you can.

If you have a pistol in public with a LCM(loaded with 10), you cannot carry extra LCM's(even loaded with 10) since the language indicates you can only carry one inside the pistol (and flush with the grip)...

Personally I'm carrying whatever the fuck I want... Although no more 33's stickin' out of a G19...

Link Posted: 4/6/2013 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw a copy of the bill that did talk about this and copys that didn't .There are so many different copys of this bill floating around this board and others you don't know in fact what is law and what is not.I emailed my Rep that voted against this Bill to get a copy of the bill that was signed into law.
Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I ask because I have 10 round magazines for my 1911 and they stick pretty far past the grip.  They aren't LCMs, but I wondered if they would still be restricted because they extend past the grip, same with the 7 round mags that have bumpers on them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the idea I read else where...I'll just carry two firearms...That way I have a 21'st round when I throw the empty gun..
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like the idea I read else where...I'll just carry two firearms...That way I have a 21'st round when I throw the empty gun..

I'm thinkin three... all the time. Some HUGE revolver too....

Link Posted: 4/6/2013 11:47:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Personally I'm carrying whatever the fuck I want...

THIS

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We all talked about this tonight at K33. One interesting technicality

One theory (with pistols):

If you have a regular pistol with  10 rd mags you can carry as many mags as you can.

If you have a pistol in public with a LCM(loaded with 10), you cannot carry extra LCM's(even loaded with 10) since the language indicates you can only carry one inside the pistol (and flush with the grip)...

Personally I'm carrying whatever the fuck I want... Although no more 33's stickin' out of a G19...

That's pretty much the conclusion I came to.

Maybe the state could tell s&w to make some more 10 round mags for the m&p because I'm not paying $100 each on gun broker.

I mean they have that authority right? They can tell anyone what to do and not do.

For the time being LCM spare mag it is.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#10]
17+1 in the M&P. I'll register the mags, eventually. But this one I can't budge on. It's my personal safety, at that of my SO's. It's my constitutional right, and I can guarantee the criminal element isn't down-loading. I don't live in a pretty area either. Break in & enter couple caught right down the street a few weeks ago, last week a woman was stabbed in the face with a screwdriver in the parking lot (broad daylight) of the Stop&Shop we frequent. (2 miles down the road)

Fuck it.

If you guys could start putting money aside, for my legal fund, that would be great. I'm poor.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 7:05:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Get a 170mm baseplate.

27+1

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I just bought a couple new 16 round mags for my Springfield XD subcompact--the ones that come with grip extensions.  I guess I am pretty much fucked with these and can only use them at home or at a range.  I can make the argument that they are not really below the grip, as the grip is extended along with the mag, but against the language of the bill, I think it is probably a loser...
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just bought a couple new 16 round mags for my Springfield XD subcompact--the ones that come with grip extensions.  I guess I am pretty much fucked with these and can only use them at home or at a range.  I can make the argument that they are not really below the grip, as the grip is extended along with the mag, but against the language of the bill, I think it is probably a loser...

Or, you could just say "fuck them" and carry them anyways.

Someone Who Isn't Me will still carry a G19 with 15+1, and a fully loaded G17+2 magazine as spare.

Someone Who Isn't Me doesn't have State Capitol Police with M&P AR's and pistols with full "LCMs" protecting him all day, unlike those that feel the lives of legitimate, law abiding, carry permit holders, are less important than the lives of those excluded from this legislature.

Someone Who Isn't Me figures that, God forbid, the need arises to defend himself, others, or more importantly his family, that need outweighs anything else. Everything afterwards doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#14]
My father says to me when we talk about certain gun laws.
"Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."
I would not follow any law that I thought would jeopardize my safety. If they want to prosecute me for having a pinky extension on a mag... I can make a landmark case out of how 7 rounds in a .380 p238 stick out, but 7 rounds in a .50AE desert eagle sits flush.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone Who Isn't Me will still carry a G19 with 15+1, and a fully loaded G17+2 magazine as spare.

Someone Who Isn't Me doesn't have State Capitol Police with M&P AR's and pistols with full "LCMs" protecting him all day, unlike those that feel the lives of legitimate, law abiding, carry permit holders, are less important than the lives of those excluded from this legislature.

Someone Who Isn't Me figures that, God forbid, the need arises to defend himself, others, or more importantly his family, that need outweighs anything else. Everything afterwards doesn't matter.

Link Posted: 4/8/2013 5:06:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, True.  Not complying is always an option.  On the other hand, in my line of work I can't afford a Class A misdemeanor or a Class D felony (I forget which applies for this provision, or if you get a first time pass on this one).  If I can make a colorable argument that I am complying on the face of the bill or that the bill is impossible to comply with, that changes things for me.  That being said, I respect everyone's particular flavor of resistance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top