Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2008 4:35:37 PM EDT
I don't know if anyone's been there yet, but there's a new gun store in Uncasville.  It's called The Outpost (located in the Gristmill Plaza on Rt 32), and I stopped by there today, as my attention was caught by the "Grand Opening" sign out front.  Since I don't have a pistol permit (yet), I walked out of the store without purchasing anything (I was given a business card, though).  The store is small compared to a place like Hoffmans, but all the staff members I talked to seemed very friendly.  They had some ammo (budget didn't allow me to look too closely), reloading supplies (again, didn't look too closely), some long guns, and more pistols.

Link Posted: 12/10/2008 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm... I'll have to swing by there on my way home from work some time soon.
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you remember if they had any sig scm's?
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been there a few times. Went there this morning for some 12 gauge ammo. I like the guys down there. The owner is a good guy
Link Posted: 12/14/2008 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#4]
How is the selection??

Who owns it??
Link Posted: 12/14/2008 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Owners name is Carl. Great guy. I was told Sigs will be in soon, possibly this week. Finally a gun shop in CT where the folks are knowledgeble and friendly.
Link Posted: 12/14/2008 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Owners name is Carl. Great guy. I was told Sigs will be in soon, possibly this week. Finally a gun shop in CT where the folks are knowledgeble and friendly.

Obviously you've never made the trek to Newington Gun Exchange. Nicest guys out there!

Link Posted: 12/14/2008 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Go to Newington Gun Exchange.  Find Jeff.

- BG
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 4:18:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I was there on Saturday and waited about 15 min to be hepled (3 guys doing nothing (Hoffmans?)) looked at a magnifier was told they didnt know how much it was and couldnt tell me till Monday.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously you've never made the trek to Newington Gun Exchange. Nicest guys out there!

Link Posted: 12/15/2008 4:21:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Also let me edit my statement to clarify there are some good shops in CT (JoJo's ect..) but nothing in New London county till now.
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Newington Gun is hit or miss ..... Jeff is great though
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Also let me edit my statement to clarify there are some good shops in CT (JoJo's ect..) but nothing in New London county till now.

Fer sure!  

Link Posted: 12/16/2008 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn, right down the street from me and I didn't even know it! Guess I'll be stopping by their to check it out.....
Link Posted: 12/16/2008 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I was in there today, looks like they will be open 10 till 8 Tues- Fri.
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I stopped in there today. They have a sign in the window that said AR15 lower receivers in stock. Went inside and there was one stripped lower hanging on the wall with a price tag of $285.00.. Don't know what make it was. Looked around for a couple of minutes and then went on my way. Oh btw I was asked twice if they could help me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I stopped in there today. They have a sign in the window that said AR15 lower receivers in stock. Went inside and there was one stripped lower hanging on the wall with a price tag of $285.00.. Don't know what make it was. Looked around for a couple of minutes and then went on my way. Oh btw I was asked twice if they could help me.

Yeah I saw that lower. He said he has 5 of them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#16]
They are Anvil Arms Lowers. You can see the quality, not like the cheep Stag lower I have.
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They are Anvil Arms Lowers. You can see the quality, not like the cheep Stag lower I have.

Well if you would like to part with that low quality Stag lower, I am your man.
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 12/21/2008 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Nothing wrong with Stag lowers, Mine works just fine
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 5:36:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Not saying that it does not work. But, you can see tooling marks, pitts and other blemishes. My Rock River and Armalite look way better. BTW not going to part with it I just made it into a Dissipator. Thinking about selling the other one what is a good price for a Stag Lower w/fixed colaspable stock, 16" Wilson Barrel, and A2 upper?
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 7:15:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Not saying that it does not work. But, you can see tooling marks, pitts and other blemishes. My Rock River and Armalite look way better. BTW not going to part with it I just made it into a Dissipator.

Stag and RRA lowers (as well as many others) are both made at CMT in New Britain.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I stopped by there today.  The owner and salesman were very friendly.  They had a nice variety in pistols (Ruger, Sig, Taurus, SA, etc).  Two Anvil Alrms lowers were on the wall as well as a CT compliant AR.  The owner said he is working on getting more parts for ARs.  I contempated picking up an XD, but my will power prevailed.  Only walked out with a box of 223.  I will be going back.  I'll pay the little bit extra for good customer service.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I was in there today and he has some AR parts in stock. They have Mags, sights, stocks, grips and and other odds and ends. Owner said he will have more parts coming in soon.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Scott, wait till that tax check gets cashed..... will power will be right out the door with new gun in hand.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#25]
The owner said he had a couple Coasties working there at night.  Any idea who they are?

Quoted:
Scott, wait till that tax check gets cashed..... will power will be right out the door with new gun in hand.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top