Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2017 11:02:58 AM EDT
Just don't like the damn things!

Aks don't shoot comfortably... in my opinion . I have never liked the platform.

ARs are just too damn easy to shoot.

I have more fun building ARs than I do owning and shooting.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
That leaves FN/FALs, Galils, Valmets, H&K 91s or 93s, M1As, Mini14s, M1 carbines, M1 Garands, etc.
Fear not, there are lots of platforms to throw money at.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the perfect solution for your problem, build all you want then give them to me, I'll be happy to keep them so you never have to worry about them again.  The key word there is GIVE, not sell.
View Quote
Deal! I'll holler after the next one. Lol
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That leaves FN/FALs, Galils, Valmets, H&K 91s or 93s, M1As, Mini14s, M1 carbines, M1 Garands, etc.
Fear not, there are lots of platforms to throw money at.
View Quote
Polytech M14S..... love the sound of that!!! Lol
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The rules are that you have to give at least one to each of the mods each year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deal! I'll holler after the next one. Lol
This place is almost dead and we get another Mod. We would have been better off with a joking paramedic

Damnit man I got to start paying better attention.

What do you get when you cross a silicone duck and a Vibrator?
A quacky dildo!
Why did the silicone ducky cross the bathtub?
Toxic Bubbles!
What happens when a rubber duck gets in a semi?
It attracts bears!  
Convoy!
Okay enough lame jokes 8 years of a lame duck president should have been enough of that.

Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Gotcha covered man!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#8]
What you need to do is expand your AR experience to the 6.5 Grendel and .50 Beowulf...impossible to get bored with .       Shooting the 6.5 Grendel is just too fun and if it gets too easy you just move the target back another 100 yards.  It's good past 1000 yards in most configurations.  

The .50 Beowulf, or what I call my "Baby BMG", will put a smile on your face with every trigger pull.  If you are somewhere where you can shoot stuff like concrete blocks, porcelain thrones, engine blocks or anything that takes a lot of BOOM to damage the fun factor goes up exponentially.  If I had access to all that stuff I would A. Be out of ammo B. Have a big bruise on my shoulder and C. Sporting a bad case of perma-grin
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 7:42:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Rifles are beginning to bore me. I just got an Armalite 50 BMG and have hit a 5 gal bucket at 800 yards with almost every shot.
It got old pretty quick once I got it sighted in. It's not the $4 to $5 a shot that gets old as much as seeing the rock filled bucket swing after it's hit.
My FIL can't leave it alone and wants to shoot it every time I go to the farm.
I hate to start the Class III stuff but it may be next.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:37:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I will admit that I've become slightly bored with semi-auto pistols and have a growing love of revolvers, both single and double action.  I dunno why but I love shooting revolvers more than any other guns at the moment.  

Soon as I score a strap wrench to fix my Grendel I'm going to try and get into shooting long distance.  I've come to the conclusion that I stink at it right now but then I've never tried before so to be expected.  Of course it might be that I can't see worth a damn with these glasses.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I will admit that I've become slightly bored with semi-auto pistols and have a growing love of revolvers, both single and double action.  I dunno why but I love shooting revolvers more than any other guns at the moment.  

Soon as I score a strap wrench to fix my Grendel I'm going to try and get into shooting long distance.  I've come to the conclusion that I stink at it right now but then I've never tried before so to be expected.  Of course it might be that I can't see worth a damn with these glasses.
View Quote
My first hand gun i ever bought was a S&W 586 in 6"...put thousands of rounds through it before i traded it off...so many rounds it had started to erode the forcing cone...i will always be a revolver and .357mag fan!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:05:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My first hand gun i ever bought was a S&W 586 in 6"...put thousands of rounds through it before i traded it off...so many rounds it had started to erode the forcing cone...i will always be a revolver and .357mag fan!
View Quote
My first, and only, so far, S&W revolver is my 629 V-Comp with 4" barrel minus compensator and 5" with.  Granted I don't have any experience with other S&W revolvers but I absolutely LOVE this one.  It's crazy fun to shoot, very accurate and a super smooth trigger/action.  Can't really shoot a lot of ammo through it during a trip out just because the hand pain builds up after several cylinder full but it's really fun while it lasts.  I guess I could shoot .44 Special out of it but if recoil becomes too bad I just shoot the .357 mag.  It's a Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp 3" and I'm definitely a .357 fan.  I'd love to get a S&W 627 V-Comp 8 shot .357 mag to go with my 629 but it'll have to wait until I win the lottery.

We are just starting to reload .357 mag so once we test our starting loads and develop something we like we get to shoot the Rugers way more than we have so far.  This conversation alone has me itching to blast off some magnums.  We need to develop a "Ruger Only" load in .45 Colt to see what that's like out of my sis's Old Vaquero plow handle and my Blackhawk Bisley.  I've always wanted to compare the two grips with a Ruger Only load and see if the Bisley eases the recoil as much as everyone says.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just don't like the damn things!

Aks don't shoot comfortably... in my opinion . I have never liked the platform.

ARs are just too damn easy to shoot.

I have more fun building ARs than I do owning and shooting.
View Quote

Mike, you're bored. Go watch the Honey Badger video again.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Mike, you're bored. Go watch the Honey Badger video again.
View Quote
Hahahah!!! That is a good video!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:28:22 AM EDT
[#15]
This place is dead. Everyone must be working overtime at the truck stop.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
No they would have funny stories to share.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
As I have said repeatedly..... this place died by its own hand. There were several individuals who would work overtime to run anyone off that had their own opinions and didn't think like the rest of the crowd.

Eventually everyone got tired of being badgered, and screwed with.

So....... the self righteous went elsewhere to show others how awesome they were.... In their own minds of course.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm here and today is my B-day!!! I'll be accepting gifts for the remainder of the month .

A low profile adjustable gas block would be a great gift....just sayin!

Anywho, the site is slow but it's not dead.  As long as we have truck stop jokes we're doing ok and daa9mm is the king of truck stop comments.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 11:43:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm here and today is my B-day!!! I'll be accepting gifts for the remainder of the month .

Anywho, the site is slow but it's not dead.  As long as we have truck stop jokes we're doing ok and daa9mm is the king of truck stop comments.
View Quote
Dan was the king of truck stop jokes. When  I first started lurking here it was a trip to see what was posted next. I would crack up at the BS flying.
It realy was entertaining
Now it is dead compared to then.

ETA Happy birthday!
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:46:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Happy birthday Brandi Whine
How about a hard time after 8 years of Obama that's about all I can afford
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:34:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Dan was the king of truck stop jokes. When  I first started lurking here it was a trip to see what was posted next. I would crack up at the BS flying.
It realy was entertaining
Now it is dead compared to then.

ETA Happy birthday!
View Quote
Thanks

It's true, Dan was the master of comedic crap talk lol.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:34:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Works for me, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Works for me, thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Works for me, thanks!
Damnit man you can tell we're getting old when a hard time is better than no time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Damnit man you can tell we're getting old when a hard time is better than no time.
View Quote
There's a joke in there, too easy though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Happy Birthday Brandi.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I got a crooked grin. I'm to tired and cooked from the heat to try for much more.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Happy Birthday Brandi.
View Quote
Thanks ya!
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Looks like I'll be rehoming the Loki .264LBC soon.  It's been a good rifle but I want to upgrade from the 18" barrel to a 20" and I've decided to build it from scratch.

The upcoming Grendel will be a 20" Faxon barrel, a Fail Zero BCG, a Midwest Industries Gen 3 FF handguard (just like the new one going on my Loki but a bit longer to compensate for the longer barrel - I love these MI Gen 2 FF's!!), a LaRue MBT trigger, Sharp Bros. The Jack lower (wanted one of these since they came out) and haven't decided on the stock but probably something that is good for precision shooting.  Should have enough to build this one after selling the Loki and adding some Bday $$ .  The 18" Loki is definitely better for hunting but since most, if not all, of my shooting seems to be happening at the range moving up to the longer barrel makes more sense right now.  Considered keeping the Loki too, it's a cool lower design and made in Oklahoma but not sure I can swing it without selling.

So one AR going away but another immediately taking it's place
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#29]
I stripped my AR and sold everything but the lower (it's a SBR) and cleaned out the closet on the EE to buy this:

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

It's the only centerfire rifle I have right now but I think I'll be fine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I stripped my AR and sold everything but the lower (it's a SBR) and cleaned out the closet on the EE to buy this:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172095/IMG_5219-289216.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172095/IMG_5218-289215.JPG

View Quote
If you're going to only have one centerfire rife, that's a sweet one to choose.  I've always wanted one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172095/IMG_5219-289216.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172095/IMG_5218-289215.JPG

View Quote
Nice who made it? Sounds like a good excuse to start a new SBR build and caliber.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nice who made it? Sounds like a good excuse to start a new SBR build and caliber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an early 50s Springfield and I'm quite happy with it. CMP says 1 muzzle/ 3 throat erosion and the bore looks excellent. Not much wear on the park either.

It'll be a bit before I build an AR but it'll be 5.56 since ammo is reasonably priced and I already have 223 mags. 6.5 Grendel sure looks good though now that Wolf is available for plinking or short range training.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 1:06:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's an early 50s Springfield and I'm quite happy with it. CMP says 1 muzzle/ 3 throat erosion and the bore looks excellent. Not much wear on the park either.

It'll be a bit before I build an AR but it'll be 5.56 since ammo is reasonably priced and I already have 223 mags. 6.5 Grendel sure looks good though now that Wolf is available for plinking or short range training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool! I bet it still holds it's own at the range? I still vividly remember my first Garand thumb, I almost peed down both legs but people were watching.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Cool! I bet it still holds it's own at the range? I still vividly remember my first Garand thumb, I almost peed down both legs but people were watching.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet because I'm ammoless at the moment.

I've been getting the hang of loading it using some dummy cartridges I made, the secret I think is to not be afraid of it. If you load it like you mean it your thumb pressure on the top cartridge keeps the bolt from moving. I almost got bit when I was trying to be careful and loading it gingerly. Since I shoot rifles lefty I can't use my hand to block the oprod either.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I've been getting the hang of loading it using some dummy cartridges I made, the secret I think is to not be afraid of it. If you load it like you mean it your thumb pressure on the top cartridge keeps the bolt from moving. I almost got bit when I was trying to be careful and loading it gingerly. Since I shoot rifles lefty I can't use my hand to block the oprod either.
View Quote
Most rifles are actually designed by the Vatican to punish lefties as it's well known they are abominations.  Sort of like black licorice, lima beans and anything the color orange except for oranges of course.  

LOL. J/K......
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Most rifles are actually designed by the Vatican to punish lefties as it's well known they are abominations.  Sort of like black licorice, lima beans and anything the color orange except for oranges of course.  

LOL. J/K......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. J/K......
Actually that's incorrect.

As a lefty I can use my trigger finger to lock the bolt back on an AR and keep my hand on the grip. Mag changes work great, right thumb presses release, right hand strips mag and goes down to the pouch to reload. Malfunction drills are much faster for me and I can look right in the chamber any time I want. On my M1 I figured out it's faster to load keeping my left hand on the grip to maintain control and loading with my right hand. I never have to break my firing grip and my right hand just slides back up the forend my sling as a handstop.

Shotguns are better too. The loading port is on the correct side for easy port loading if necessary.

Lefties actually benefit from "right hand" firearms, we've just been fooling righties all along.

I'm actually cross dominant (left eye/right hand) so long guns are left handed and pistols right handed, that makes transition drills super easy. I can keep my hand on my long gun and still use my strong hand to shoot my pistol. Mags are a different thing, rifle mags should go where my pistol goes and that's kinda annoying.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#37]
We need a hometown shoot. Can you guys break away from the truck stop?
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Actually that's incorrect.

As a lefty I can use my trigger finger to lock the bolt back on an AR and keep my hand on the grip. Mag changes work great, right thumb presses release, right hand strips mag and goes down to the pouch to reload. Malfunction drills are much faster for me and I can look right in the chamber any time I want. On my M1 I figured out it's faster to load keeping my left hand on the grip to maintain control and loading with my right hand. I never have to break my firing grip and my right hand just slides back up the forend my sling as a handstop.

Shotguns are better too. The loading port is on the correct side for easy port loading if necessary.

Lefties actually benefit from "right hand" firearms, we've just been fooling righties all along.

I'm actually cross dominant (left eye/right hand) so long guns are left handed and pistols right handed, that makes transition drills super easy. I can keep my hand on my long gun and still use my strong hand to shoot my pistol. Mags are a different thing, rifle mags should go where my pistol goes and that's kinda annoying.
View Quote
Aww.....you ruined it.

lol
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:50:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We need a hometown shoot. Can you guys break away from the truck stop?
View Quote
I agree.  We tried it before but never had a place where everyone could get together and shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top