Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2017 12:53:20 PM EDT
I've got some aluminum tubing I need welded. I'm building a rail at the front of my boat to hold lights for bowfishing.

I took it by one shop and they quoted 4 shop hours and $350. That seems like way to much time for what I need done. I have a welder, but I'm not set up for doing aluminum. If I did something similar with steel it would take me an hour, tops.

There's two sets of 5 pieces, so there would be 8 welds altogether. Are there any members with a tig welder who could help a brother out? Know any welders by trade that would do this for a reasonable price?

Heck if you're curious about bowfishing, I would even trade a night on the lake for this job.

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#1]
if Union City's not a deal breaker i can hook you up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
What shop quoted you $350?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I love bowfishing, haven't gotten to do it since moving to the city but it's more fun than flogging frogs!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What shop quoted you $350?
View Quote
Ferguson's.

I'll contact you, hotdog.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
For  $350.00 you could make a good down payment on a mig and an aluminum spool gun. If you already have a gas mig just pick up a spool gun.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For  $350.00 you could make a good down payment on a mig and an aluminum spool gun. If you already have a gas mig just pick up a spool gun.
View Quote
That's what I told them at the first place. I have an old Hobart 200 mig that was gifted to me, but it's very old and I'm not sure what gun would be compatible. I'm sure I'll do that eventually, just didn't want to shell out that much $$$ for this particular small project.

Anyway, I also went on craigslist and looked up welders who would do small/odd jobs and found a guy within a few miles of me that did it for $60.

If anyone ever has a similar need I can pass along his phone number.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top