Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2017 8:04:33 PM EDT
On I40 heading to Albq. Any areas I need to be aware for speed traps? I'm driving my daughters car home from College. (lucky me) May stay the night in OK City Thursday. Any hotel recommendations?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Biggest speed trap on I-40 is in Texas, east of Amarillo.  Don't speed between Amarillo and the TX/OK border.  Wheeler County specifically.  Near Shamrock.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:27:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Biggest speed trap on I-40 is in Texas, east of Amarillo.  Don't speed between Amarillo and the TX/OK border.  Wheeler County specifically.  Near Shamrock.
View Quote
This is true.  TX DPS works the interstates heavy, some small depts also work the interstates in their jurisdictions in certain spots.  I don't see a ton on I35, but that's usually only headed north to OKC for most of my trips
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Stopping in Albq for daughters softball tourney. Thanks for the info. Is that stretch from OK to Amarillo 70 Mph? or 75?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stopping in Albq for daughters softball tourney. Thanks for the info. Is that stretch from OK to Amarillo 70 Mph? or 75?
View Quote
Should be 75 outside Amarillo while in Texas
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Just to clarify, I'm starting my drive from Arkansas.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Speed limit through Amarillo is 60 and there are some lane closures that reduce it to 50 if I remember correctly.  It'll slow to a crawl if you hit it at the wrong time of the day.  I-40 is 75 after you cross into Texas otherwise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top