Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2017 11:52:25 PM EDT
Known a guy for years that passed away recently, and i've lost my place to do most of my skulking about with night vision and suppressors. The inability to train is not pleasing. Shooting under night vision is a skill one kind of needs to keep in practice at, and i've got some problems even doing simple things like zeroing my lasers currently, let alone moving and shooting in the dark. Anyone know a place in Oklahoma where one can do such things?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody does anything with night vision?

Anybody have land to shoot on and WANT to try out some night vision? I can share.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Every range I know forbids it.  Need to find private land for that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya i don't think any range out there subscribes to the level of importance of night shooting, let alone with NVGs. Id love to do it again though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
A friend talked about having a night shoot using tracers at glow sticks. He has some land to do this on. I've shot at night on my wife's parents farm, but just using a game light on an AR to kill a coyote.
Night vision doesn't excite me as much as thermal sights. But a FLIR scope is well over $3K.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:17:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Thermal's quite cool as well. Wait a few months. With the boson cores coming out, things are getting cheaper. There's a decent little thermal handheld/helmet/weapon mountable sights in the $2500 range soon.

And yeah, night vision itself may not be quite a jaw dropping as thermal. But toss in an IR laser, and it's a very interesting combo. Feels like a whole other level of unfair to what you're aiming at.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:57:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I would LOVE to try out some new generation night vision/thermal stuff but alas I have no land.  If I did have land I'd be hunting hogs and squirrels and deer and whatever else needed controlled or cooked or both. My freezer is so empty it echoes when you take something out.  I've never had the chance to hunt hogs and dang it...I want to hunt, kill and cook me some wild piggies!!! They are the perfect hunting critter because they are a nuisance that need to be controlled, they are very smart critters, you can hunt them day or night (assuming you have the cool toys), the state doesn't even require a hunting license on private property AND they taste fantastic.

I hope you find a spot.  It would make me crazy to have those kinds of toys and not be able to use them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I think there is a lot of night shooting at NE 50th and MLK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top