Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2017 3:46:55 PM EDT
I am just curious if anyone has bought or built a gun they regret.

For me its the 9mm AR pistol I just built over Christmas.

PSA Upper Consisting of:
10.5 inch barrel
KAK Flash Can
12 in free float key mod forearm
Magpul BUIS sights
A little cheap ass red dot

PSA Lower consisting of.
Glock mag lower
Dedicated PSA 9mm
PSA LPK
Anti roll pins

Shockwave industries blade pistol brace.

I went all out thinking this was gonna be the holy grail Of my arsenal. I wound up costing
Me in the 850.00 range to complete.

It is accurate, fast, shoots clean, fun. Sexy as hell and looks good in the safe.

So why can't I fall in love with this thing? ARs for me are far more fun to build than they are to own. I keep hoping if I just leave it in the safe it'll grow on me. I mean......it ain't hurting a thing in there.

Anyone else???
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
For me, the worst offender was a Savage Mk II G, 22LR.

Savage makes an accuracy guarantee of 1.5" at 100 yds with their sporter weight 22LR barrels. Mine wouldn't do but about that at 50 and the bore looked like corrugated pipe. I sent it back to Savage, who replaced the barrel with another that only looked like corrugated pipe in the last 1/4" . It was better, but not as accurate as promised, so I pillared and bedded the receiver. It's now a consistent 2 MOA gun with quality ammo but still not as advertised.

I've given it to my nephew and replaced it with a CZ 455 Varmint that will shoot circles around it with $6.25/box SK Standard +.

The other one was a H&R Ultra Handi Rifle in .223. It was a solid gun, but accuracy was inconsistent and I had to use Burris Signature Z rings with .025" of offset inserts to get the damned thing on paper. Sold this rifle a few years ago and don't miss it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a handi rifle once. Never grew attached to that one either. Lol
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I can honestly say I've never bought/built anything that I don't still love.  Of course I agonize over each purchase before pulling the trigger so no impulse buys for me.  The only thing that eats at me is the ones I just can't get.  If I could just score the ones off my want list I'd be one happy camper.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I kind of collect 9mm revolvers, so when I saw a 9mm LCR on sale I grabbed it to keep my 9mm SP101 and 9mm Security Six company. I was sort of wondering why I hadn't bought one when they first came out, and then I remembered I had! I really shouldn't have bought the second one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I amend my previous statement, sort of.  I wish I had never bought my M&P40 but not because I don't like the gun but because the factory triggers were absolute junk.  It was like trying to pull a plow through a gravel pit.  I had no choice but to buy an Apex Tactical DCAEK (trigger kit) to replace all the trigger guts to just make it shootable.  Prior to the kit it would shoot shotgun patterns from a supported position.

It's definitely much better now but only with an additional $90 worth of parts.  I wish I had been a little bit more patient and waited until I could find the CORE model I wanted to begin with.  Those didn't have the trigger issues and had the ability to hold my RMR.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I amend my previous statement, sort of.  I wish I had never bought my M&P40 but not because I don't like the gun but because the factory triggers were absolute junk.  It was like trying to pull a plow through a gravel pit.  I had no choice but to buy an Apex Tactical DCAEK (trigger kit) to replace all the trigger guts to just make it shootable.  Prior to the kit it would shoot shotgun patterns from a supported position.

It's definitely much better now but only with an additional $90 worth of parts.  I wish I had been a little bit more patient and waited until I could find the CORE model I wanted to begin with.  Those didn't have the trigger issues and had the ability to hold my RMR.
View Quote
Years ago SumoJ had an MP45. We were shooting at Lexington. He allowed to shoot a few rounds. WE BOTH AGREED that thing had the shittiest trigger we had ever pulled. Probably nothing a couple thousand rounds wouldn't fix, but why should you have wait that long for a new gun to have the trigger pull you want.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am just curious if anyone has bought or built a gun they regret.

For me its the 9mm AR pistol I just built over Christmas.

PSA Upper Consisting of:
10.5 inch barrel
KAK Flash Can
12 in free float key mod forearm
Magpul BUIS sights
A little cheap ass red dot

PSA Lower consisting of.
Glock mag lower
Dedicated PSA 9mm
PSA LPK
Anti roll pins

Shockwave industries blade pistol brace.

I went all out thinking this was gonna be the holy grail Of my arsenal. I wound up costing
Me in the 850.00 range to complete.

It is accurate, fast, shoots clean, fun. Sexy as hell and looks good in the safe.

So why can't I fall in love with this thing? ARs for me are far more fun to build than they are to own. I keep hoping if I just leave it in the safe it'll grow on me. I mean......it ain't hurting a thing in there.

Anyone else???
View Quote

At some point I am gonna trade this one for another Glock 9mm and cash. I just can't get a real feel for it. I'll keep for a while but it'll hit the trading floor eventually.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I like all the firearms i have ever purchased. Never had any regrets for any purchase or build.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:14:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a handi rifle once. Never grew attached to that one either. Lol
View Quote
X3 and the damned thing is accurate it just doesn't fit me. But it makes a great loner for kid's.  Loki billet upper and lower. ..
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Havent come across one yet but I see a lot of shit talking on the inter webs about Hi point and I have a C9.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Larue that I don't shoot for lack of time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top