Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2017 4:02:33 AM EDT
So some folks get all twitchy talking about the guns they own because they don't want that information being used against them for whatever reason when/if TEOTWAWKI.  Maybe paranoid, maybe not, no point arguing it.  

So, since this is a gun forum and things are slower than the occupants at the old sloths home I thought I'd do something to try and get folks chatting about guns again.  I'll bet that even if you own more guns than the army, there are still ones that you really, really want.  I don't know of anyone who enjoys shooting that doesn't have a gun wish list on paper or just in their heads.  

Since this is a want list you don't have to worry about anyone knowing what you have.  Think guns that you want and are actually accessible to you for the right price not machine guns requiring permission, registration, optical scans, DNA tests and an anal probe.  I think it's interesting to see the guns that other folks lust after.  If you forget something or think of another one later feel free to edit and add it.

In no particular order:

1.  Colt Single Action Army - blued, 4.75" barrel, .45 Colt, stag grips

2.  S&W 627 V-Comp Performance Center - the .357 mag version of my 629 V-Comp

3.  M1 Garand - I absolutely love them, been enamored with them since I watched my first war movie with my dad as child.  It's form, function and history all in one.

4.  Springfield M1A - Much like the Garand I'm enamored with this gun also.  I would say it's probably the sexiest looking battle rifle of it's kind.  Another example of form, function and history.

5.  M1 Carbine -  Again, like the Garand and the Springfield, I love these guns.  The M1 Carbine is under appreciated in my opinion, it's a really great functional, compact, lightweight piece of history

6.  FN SCAR 17 -  This .308 rifle appeals to me.  I don't own any .308/7.62 rifles but you gotta own one at least so this is my choice (along with my M1A of course )

7.  Ruger Old Army -  I figure I need a black powder revolver and, to me, there is only one...a stainless Ruger Old Army, I want one!

8.  Sharps Carbine -  This is a gun that I have dreamed of owning since I was a kid.  I used to sit and watch old westerns with my dad as a child every chance I got and since my dad loved westerns, that was a lot.  It's where I fell in love with all the guns of the era, especially the Sharps.  If these were in order, a .45-70 Sharps Carbine would be in the top 3.  At the top of the list is one from C. Sharps or Shiloh Sharps but realistically a Pedersoli is probably all I may ever be able to afford if at all.

9.  Ruger SBH Bisley -  A stainless 5.5" Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley .44 magnum (Accusport KRBN-455W).  The perfect co-pilot to my Winchester 94 .44 magnum because you should always have a six gun of the same flavor as your lever gun.  I recently scored the stainless Ruger Blackhawk Bisley Convertible .45 Colt/.45acp to ride co-pilot with my Henry Big Boy .45 Colt and it's a beautiful beast!

10.  Henry Big Boy All Weather 44 - New for 2017, I really want one of these awesome rifles in .44 magnum.  Almost impervious to bad weather, it's perfect for all those outdoor activities that I never get to do lol.

11.  Sako Model 85 Kodiak - Why? Because everyone should own a .375 H&H or larger in case psychotic rhino's, hippo's and Cape Buffalo spontaneously inhabit North America with the intention of taking control.  Or I win a all expenses paid trip to Africa to hunt Cape Buffalo.  Brandi vs Black Death....Brandi wins!

There's probably more but that's all I can remember at the moment.

What are yours?  C'mon...you know you want to!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Ma Deuce.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#2]
In no particular order.

1. Henry Big Boy 45 Colt
2. Sharps Carbine like the one in Quigly Down Under.  That was one of my granny's favorite movies and I remember watching it with her when I was a kid.  
3. M1 Carbine, already check M1 Garand off the list with a purchase from the CMP a few years ago.
4. 1903 Springfield to complete my World War Rifle collection.  
5. Browning Citori Over/ Under 12 Ga
6. 9mm Carbine competition build, haven't decided on specs yet.
7. 6.5 Creedmoor bolt action on a Remington 700 style receiver this one is going to be awhile because custom bolt guns get expensive.
8. Lightweight AR upper 16-18 inch barrell with a vortex strike Eagle in a larue mount.

I crossed a couple off last year and the beginning of this year so I am getting a little closer.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:54:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In no particular order.

1. Henry Big Boy 45 Colt
2. Sharps Carbine like the one in Quigly Down Under.  That was one of my granny's favorite movies and I remember watching it with her when I was a kid.  
3. M1 Carbine, already check M1 Garand off the list with a purchase from the CMP a few years ago.
7. 6.5 Creedmoor bolt action on a Remington 700 style receiver this one is going to be awhile because custom bolt guns get expensive.
8. Lightweight AR upper 16-18 inch barrell with a vortex strike Eagle in a larue mount.

I crossed a couple off last year and the beginning of this year so I am getting a little closer.
View Quote
Excellent choices.  A lot of similarities to my wants and haves.

I love my Henry Big Boy .45 Colt, it's like a luxury lever gun.  I too have always wanted a "war rifle" collection starting with the Springfield Trapdoor (I already have the carbine), then 1903 Springfield and up to the AR (which I have).  I've been wanting a lightweight AR for a long time, ever since I lost my early 70's Colt SP1.  That 20" rifle was feather light and crazy fun to shoot.  Ever since I got my 6.5 Grendel I've fallen in love with the magic 6.5's.  Eventually I'd like to have a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor and a Swedish Mauser in 6.5x55 (6.5 Swede).
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an M1 Garand that I picked up from the CMP a few years ago.  I really want a M1 Carbine the springfield would be awesome but not sure if I will ever find one.  

I picked up a Stainless Single Action Army clone in 45 Colt last year.  I want the Henry to go long with it.

I really want to build a precision bolt action myself using a custom action.  I love machining stuff and I have been wanting to go to some of the gunsmithing classes in Tishomingo for awhile.  I have a remington 700 in 243 that a gunsmith friend of mine helped me blueprint and work over, and ever since I have been wanting to do a full bolt action build.

I have a Rem 700 in 7mm mag that I want to work over and put in a nicer stock.  I already swapped the trigger out and I have a vortex scope sitting in a box waiting to be mounted.  I want to blueprint it and thread the barrel for a muzzle brake.  

Right now those are the only wants some of them are farther down the list than others because of cost.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:41:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Guess everyone else is too busy kicked back snoozing in a recliner with a beer in one hand and their nut sack in the other.  Peanuts and beer, hard to beat that combo.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#6]
In no particular order.

1.  FAL (T48 would be awesome, but alas out of my price range)
2.  HK-91
3.  National Postal Meter M1 30 Carbine
4.  Remington 1903A3
5.  Browning Citori Over/ Under 12 Ga
6.  Steyr AUG A3 M1 Mud NATO stock
7.  CZ 455 Varmint Tacticool Suppressor-Ready (Need a bolt action 22 suppressor host)
8.  Sig Sauer P320 X-Carry
9.  FN FNC
10.ArmaLite AR-180
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:54:08 PM EDT
[#7]
 i don't have a practical list, about the only thing that would make me giggle is made from Unobtanium.
1: 16 inch AR10 from KLM's transpolar survival gear, circa 1958.
2: about anything on Reed Knight's wall.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:13:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
 i don't have a practical list, about the only thing that would make me giggle is made from Unobtanium.
1: 16 inch AR10 from KLM's transpolar survival gear, circa 1958.
2: about anything on Reed Knight's wall.
View Quote
Everything on my list is unobtanium at this point, unfortunately.  It's nice to dream though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:18:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In no particular order.

1. Henry Big Boy 45 Colt

View Quote
Just an FYI, if you're in the OKC area.  Village Tactical has a used Henry Big Boy .45 Colt listed for $599 with layaway.  Not a bad deal considering the prices new.  Maybe even talk them down a bit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#10]
All i really want is an M1A...not that fancy assed schmuck stuff...just a regular, GI M1A.

Oh and some more WWII bolt actions...love that era of firearms.

Oh and a Win 94...or Marlin 330C or whatever it is...never had the cash to buy a Win 94 win Winchester was still making them...then the bastids stopped...pricks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Anything NFA that's the stupidity of government.

Thermal nuclear intercontinental ballistic missiles, aimed at our centers of power. Rigged with dead man launchers.

A couple of 155's just to plink with.

Oh a mini gun with unlimited supply of ammo just to kill hogs with!  And a cool buggy with thermal and night vision to mount it too.

And sense we're fantasizing some good looking babe's for gun beares.

I would ask for an Abrams but my wife would keep me to busy fixing ruts and donuts across the pastures.

Let's see did I leave anything out?

Now back to reality I do need another fire proof safe for the toys I have accumulated.  And I am working on a AR pistol build right now and have not settled on a caliber yet.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I try to keep it simple and in check with guns I wouldn't mind owning and using.  Not just have to look at, and be able to Afford.

Savage model 25 in 22 Hornet

Ruger SP101 in 22LR

Marlin 1894 in 45lc

Winchester SX3 12 ga black matte and synthetic, their camo duracoat turns to goo after about 10 years and will stick to anything it touches

CZ SP-01 9mm, one of the most accurate pistols I've got to shoot

CZ sxs 12 ga, they make some pretty good looking shotguns too

Savage or Tikka in 260 rem.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:44:44 PM EDT
[#13]
thread veer alert!

only slightly (well not at all) related.
a friend was in Red China on business and passed up a once in (our) lifetime chance.
for US $75 he could have fired a ....RPG!
yeah, evidently there are more RPG's floating about than $75's.

I'da done it, when am I ever gonna get another chance?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Cz75b matte stainless
Wilson combat 92a1
Browning Hi-power
Colt 1991 series 1911
Bulgarian Makarov
1917 eddystone enfield
Colt sp1
Arsenal SAM7
Aks74u
M1 Garand

I'd maybe be happy with just these guns the rest of my life
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:01:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
All i really want is an M1A...not that fancy assed schmuck stuff...just a regular, GI M1A.

Oh and some more WWII bolt actions...love that era of firearms.

Oh and a Win 94...or Marlin 330C or whatever it is...never had the cash to buy a Win 94 win Winchester was still making them...then the bastids stopped...pricks.
View Quote
Interesting that so many people want M1A's and lever guns.  I agree with them.  I love my little Winchester 94 .44 magnum, it's so small and lightweight it almost feels like a toy.  A toy that packs a whole lot of power.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:11:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
thread veer alert!

only slightly (well not at all) related.
a friend was in Red China on business and passed up a once in (our) lifetime chance.
for US $75 he could have fired a ....RPG!
yeah, evidently there are more RPG's floating about than $75's.

I'da done it, when am I ever gonna get another chance?
View Quote
I'm not sure I'd pay $75 just to shoot an RPG.  It would be awesome but that's too much for me.  I don't know what an RPG grenade costs but $75 is probably a bargain.  Unless you're in the middle East where they probably cost 2 eggs and a dirty pair of skid marked underoos.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:13:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Cz75b matte stainless
Wilson combat 92a1
Browning Hi-power
Colt 1991 series 1911
Bulgarian Makarov
1917 eddystone enfield
Colt sp1
Arsenal SAM7
Aks74u
M1 Garand

I'd maybe be happy with just these guns the rest of my life
View Quote
That's a good list.

POSSUMS!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Not at all rare, but have wanted one for years, but everyone I found was crap. Paper work puts this one at 25 years old, like new inside. Tritium sights have lost their glow.

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I had all I ever wanted of the 870 during police qualifications.  We had one in our group that for whatever reason was having all kinds of problems making qualification.  She had to keep doing it over and over until she finally qualified.  I don't know how many rounds it took but she was in tears and her shoulder was black and blue already by the time she finished, I bet it was gruesome the next day.  Those things beat the snot out of us during that phase.  

I had a Benelli M1 Tactical for awhile but had to sell it when things got really tight a few years ago.  It was a masterpiece of a shotgun but it would kick like a damn mule just with standard 12 gauge shells.  If I could have any other shotgun it would be a Benelli M4 but that's as out of reach as an M1 Garand for me.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes, M4 Dream gun
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#21]
SR-25, ECC or ACC.

SR-15 CQB

Sig P-210

Super Black Eagle or maybe a Citori

Apparently my interest begins at $2000.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#22]
I just made an offer on a Remington rolling block in 50/70, complete with bayonet. The bore is perfect, finish great for a gun made in 1871. It was a New York militia rifle. It is going to be a gift to my FIL for his 65th birthday if we get it.
My wife is all on board for buying it. She thinks it will make him one happy man.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Very nice birthday gift.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:48:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just made an offer on a Remington rolling block in 50/70, complete with bayonet. The bore is perfect, finish great for a gun made in 1871. It was a New York militia rifle. It is going to be a gift to my FIL for his 65th birthday if we get it.
My wife is all on board for buying it. She thinks it will make him one happy man.
View Quote
Dang, that's a sweet one and one heck of a cool gift.  Post a pic if you get it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#25]
good luck!
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm adding  a 4 inch Smith & Wesson 686 plus 357
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#27]
M1A SOCOM CQB.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:11:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
M1A SOCOM CQB.
View Quote
The M1A in some form or another seems to be the most commonly picked gun so far.  Excellent choice.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Very nice birthday gift.
View Quote
X2
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:32:56 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll probably be selling some guns to get a WW2 machine gun or two. Can't seem to ever stumble into any locally for sale though!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:48:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'll probably be selling some guns to get a WW2 machine gun or two. Can't seem to ever stumble into any locally for sale though!
View Quote
That's a good one, I'd love to have a full auto Tommy gun.  I bet the guys at Cold Hand Arms could find you one of them WWII go fasts.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The M1A in some form or another seems to be the most commonly picked gun so far.  Excellent choice.
View Quote
Lucky to have 2 M1A's SOCOM I & SOCOM II, no great love for either one. Have shot the I a lot but I have never shot the SOCOM II at all, has never been fired. I hate all the rail crap on it, I just don't see the point of having all the rail. I also don't like the scout mount on the SOCOM I. I need to get a real scope mount and scope.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Can't go wrong with a 1919A4, we have 2 (semi) but they are really fun to shoot.

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Lucky to have 2 M1A's SOCOM I & SOCOM II, no great love for either one. Have shot the I a lot but I have never shot the SOCOM II at all, has never been fired. I hate all the rail crap on it, I just don't see the point of having all the rail. I also don't like the scout mount on the SOCOM I. I need to get a real scope mount and scope.
View Quote
Dang, you have cool toys! You're making me jealous!! LOL

I've heard the 16" barrel is just obnoxious to shoot.  I wouldn't mind the 18" or full size M1A.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#35]
That is seriously, seriously cool!! And I was impressed with the little Sharps carbine, you have all kinds of toys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top