Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2017 10:44:09 PM EDT
Just throwing this around before I check with local PD tomorrow. I'm looking at purchasing a house with 5 acres of land. At the very back of the land is a small creek with about a 10-15' berm across from me. There are no house in that direction on the higher land where the berm is. I think the area is considered "city" limits in Newcastle. Before I purchase I'm wondering if it is illegal if I were to shoot at the berm? The land slopes down from the house roughly 3 acres to the berm. Anyone know if I will be able to do it this or if I will be ,SOL???  Thanks for any advice you can give. Jace
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:21:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, you could have a full fledged certified shooting range in your backyard but as long as you are in city limits it will be 100% illegal to shoot there.  Living in the city limits of every place I've ever lived had the same law, best to always buy/build in the county.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top