Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2017 10:48:33 AM EDT
I've decided after a long hiatus, that I want to start shooting my bow again but since the strings and control cables are about 12 y.o., I thought it would be a good idea to replace them before doing mush shooting.

Unfortunately, bowstrings and cables seem to be made with gold thread these days. The two prices I've gotten locally are $130 and $150 installed.

Is there an online vendor I can get the string/cables less expensively than the $80-$100 I'm seeing here?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:30:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Holy cow, I was thinking of having a new string installed on mine, I hope it's nothing like that.  Although I need lighter limbs before I do anything, I'm far too wimpy these days to draw it .  Anywho, I don't know if they have what you need but my favorite online archery businesses are Lancaster Archery Supply and 3 Rivers Archery Supply.  It's been a long time since I've bought anything but they were good to go back then and are still big names in the business.  I would also post your question in the archery section, there may be some local string makers who can help you at a better price.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Brandi. If it soothes your fears a little, I'm replacing the control cables too. That's why it appears tht it's so expensive. Arrowhead Archery in Del City quoted me $40 for just the string using Zebra.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top